bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 Nashville Conference Blog  (Read 34318 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: 2008 Nashville Conference Blog
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »

What you express Kat is so important because I need to understand more about what the "DAY" of the Lord means. I hope to be enlightened. I just feel that so much more clarity is waiting to be revealed as the transcripts and audios are posted for us enthusiastic patiently anticipating members who could not be at the Conference. My heart which is one among I am sure MANY of us, were with you ALL.

Hey Eirik, thank you for your welcome back. I learnt many valuable approaches to writing through your very first posts here in the forum.

Iris, a warm THANK YOU for your welcome back.

Arc

Kat

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »

Hi Arcturus, glad you are able to be with us more  :)

Ray did not go over that point in particular.  But I think he gave more than enough info, that we will be able to apply this to other Scripture.  I can already see many implication for this 'day' in Scripture.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »

Thanks Kat!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »

This is going to be difficult because there is no way I can respond to all the wonderful posts preceding this one. My experience this past weekend was one that I will always remember even though virtually all the neat and concise plans I made did not work out at all. First off when starting this thread I intended to post snippets here and there about the folks who showed up, how we were interacting, the informal fellowships with Ray and all our Brothers and Sisters who were able to attend as well as the overall mood of the group as we spent time together.

You would not believe the frustration I experienced when I first had the opportunity to get on line and post and then having a mental block in remembering my password, it is stored on my home computers as well as my work computer so I have not physically typed it in in years, what a humbling and embarrassing time that was! It was not until Sunday afternoon when out of the blue (not even thinking about it) when my memory bank coughed it up, all my great plans were dashed, not only in regard to this but also the plans I had in regard to spending some quality fellowship with Kat, Patrick, Bobby (Tenn), Marques, Antawain. We had talked about delving into certain (different) topics together but for one reason or another interruptions and unforseen circumstances prevented us from doing so in the manner planned. One of the great reasons was that Ray was in much better form than I had hoped, he was available for hours on Friday and Saturday nights to sit and visit with as many as 30 or 40 of us in the hotel lobby informally tossing around ideas and answering questions, unplanned but what a great surprise on so many levels.

Being able to see Charles (CEO), Dave (Tenn), Beau, Claudia, Musicman, etc. (too many to name, apologies for those I missed) and feed off of their enthusiasm was just one example of how awesome this sharing of His Spirit was for me, there truly was something very special happening there and I want to thank each and every attendee as well as those who were with us in spirit for making this something I will always cherish, I will add more specifics in the next day or two but I just got back a couple hours ago and have so much to do in preparation for another trip I will be leaving for on Wednesday (also at work for an important meeting tomorrow).

You are all very special and important to me, His Peace to you!

Joe 

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »

im so jealous, this was one conferenc ei wanted to be able to make =[

booooooo, you guys are all so lucky.. man the wealth of information you must have had. I'm so very very jealous!

><

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2008, 01:58:42 AM »

I'm back!
Got the sisters and myself to the airport in one piece today. ;D Don't think my driving scared them too much.
Nice to meet some other Arizonians that have been drawn to B-T's.
It was great seeing the regulars and meeting some newbies.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2008, 02:20:45 AM »

Your perspective brings home another warm aspect of what had to have been a most enriching and Grace filled event for you all. I enjoyed and really can connect to the frustration and pain you mentioned when the plans you made were altered by quote unforeseen circumstances prevented us ...which again simply but quite deftly with a hint of the salt of fire with authourity shows again that HE is in control! You have left with me another name to describe Him....[He is the author of our i]unforeseen circumstances.[/i] Beautiful!

Thanks Joe!
Arc
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:22:33 AM by Arcturus »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm just seeing this thread this morning (Tuesday) for the first time.  I didn't arrive home from Nashville until 6:30 PM Monday.  This past weekend was everything I had hoped it would be and more!

I'm getting ready for work, so I don't have much time to post as many thoughts as I would like, but I do want to say that this conference has not only drawn me closer to this brotherhood of believers, but more importantly, it has increased my love and knowledge for our heavenly Father and Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus.  I thank God for blessing all of us in such a huge way!

A shout out to all the forum members who contributed to my joy this past weekend: Dennis, Joe, Kat, Patrick, Beloved, Bobby, Dave, Antaiwan, Marques, Claudia, Randy, Jody, Ray Ray, Uncle Beau, Gina, and CEO (Charles), (forgive me if I left anyone out).  As well as those who promised to join the forum, Maria and Dorothy. 

Love and peace to you all,

René
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:28:43 PM by Rene »

UncleBeau

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »

We got back Sunday night as most of you saw we had to leave a couple hours early. You have to understand last year at Mobile was my first conference and not many people were there, especially people that actually talked to each other much. This year it seemed like more people came out of their proverbial shells. Nola and I learned a lot and we discussed the times in scripture where it reveals spiritual insight on being destroyed and reborn over and over. The prodigal son, there was evening and there was morning, chaos to order. These are all examples for our admonition. The amount of papers Ray could write on that would be astronomical (no pun intended). Overall we had a great time meeting new people and exposing Harley to good teaching. Just so you all know she was making noise and "talking" a whole lot more this weekend than she has before.

~ Beau

Jody Edwards

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2008, 02:16:58 PM »

What a great conference!  Ray did an outstanding job and opened my eyes to many things.  I am embarrassed to admit it but I had based my creation understanding on Dr. Carl Baugh's writings - thank you Ray for setting me straight. 

It was my first conference and it was such a great pleasure to meet so many wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ such as Rene (a very charming lady), Matt from New York, Dave in Tenn, Musicman, Kat, Dennis, Harry, Bob, Ray-Ray, Gina and so many others. 

Dave Tenn - I'm sorry to hear that you didn't make Ray's talk in the lobby on Saturday evening.  It was very eye opening.  He discussed one of his ideas that he wasn't ready to discuss in the conference.  I discussed it with Matt from New York at length that evening to work out the details and must say that I think Ray is correct in his theory on Genesis 1:26-27.  It took me a while but I now see how his theory makes logical sense with the rest of scripture.  Thank you for sharing Ray!

Thank you everyone,
Jody Edwards

hillsbororiver

« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2008, 07:52:02 AM »

I am just about to experience a real contrast in past and present realities as we head up to New York for a good old friend's daughter's wedding...

The Conference was an extremely spiritual time for me as I interacted (not as much as I would of liked due to time constraints) with Brothers and Sisters who share a bond not of this world and now I am heading back to a place where old friends (since childhood) will be reminding me (in a "good" natured way) of some of my past that would perhaps (for me) be better forgotten or at least left in dusty old archives.

Overall I am sure it will be a very pleasant time but there is no doubt I will be comparing this trip with Nashville and truly realize what a starkly different reality the Lord has brought me to in this journey.

It will be interesting.

Peace,

Joe 

Patrick

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2008, 09:26:54 AM »

Have fun, Joe; keep the armor on!
I'll be hanging out with some crazy motorcycle racers this weekend (my first race back since the injury), my armor will be on physically and spiritually. ;D

OBrenda

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »

Now I'm home sweet home, I repeat, nobody but nobody gets to have The Freckle Girls Freckles, they are a masterpiece, a work of Art, I counted them the other day, 1352, from the waist up, she has stars, crosses, boots and L's.

Glad to be back, Samson.

Samson....

This has to be one of the most "Romantic Things" I've every read! :'(

Richard D

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2008, 11:03:52 PM »

Hello Samson

That reminds me how God counts all the hairs on our head.

In His Love. Richard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.