bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forces of the cross  (Read 11332 times)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Forces of the cross
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »

Dave, would you be accusing me of taking bible lessons from Osama. I was wrong about you. How dare you say something like that to me.
You are WRONG. Thankyou so much for nothing.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 05:08:43 PM »

Ricky...of course I'm not accusing you of taking bible lessons from Osama.  I only wanted to point out that where there is Truth, you don't have to worry about lies.  What difference does it make what Al Qaeda says about the cross?   

It's hard for me to know what part of your question/statement is troubling you the most.  If I erred in my assumption, I'm sorry.  As usual, Kat gave the better answer anyway.   :D  I'd suggest you find out what the truth is first.  If you can narrow it down to one question at a time, somebody may have an answer.

I reckon I'm done.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 03:42:34 AM »

Ricky, let me try to seperate this for communication's sake.

Revelation refers to the 'greater church' as the synagogue of Satan.  In doctrine, in practice, and in attitude they follow the adversary.  They certainly don't believe they do, but they do.

Islam (and Al Qaeda as part of that) might also be considered part of the synagogue of Satan.  I'm not 100% sure of that, but they DO bear some similarities.  They 'worship' the God of Abraham, and they recognize Jesus, but deny His authority.  In many ways, they are 'like' the church, and in many ways the 'church' is like them.  Islam (and Al Qaeda) believe they are honoring God, but they aren't.

God is using both to fulfill His Purposes.  God is God.

If Al Qaeda is warring against the 'God of the cross' it's because the cross is the commonly recognized symbol of Christianity.  This is a religious war where neither side has the Truth.  In the spiritual, since the carnal mind is enmity (deep-seated hatred or strife) with God, neither is on God's side.  Both are being used like God used Pharoah, and His use of them is much more complex than we can even know, much less understand.

These verses give me a lot of comfort when dealing with struggles between evils.

Joshua 5:13  And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? 14  And he said, Nay (neither); but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come.

I wrote a song a long time ago that put it this way:

I'm not choosing sides.
I'm taking over.
I am the Lord of Hosts.
Whose side are you on?

hi dave. i really like the song you wrote. simple and true.
claudia

cjwood

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 03:56:23 AM »

kat, what a wonderful thing you have done for us/me. i never realized the teaching about us being the "trees in the forest". that blew me away. the more i learn the more i understand the scripture that says that if everything Jesus said were revealed there would not be enough books to contain them. so many many many little gems hiding beneath the surface. i never thought learning could be so fun.

thank you for your post.
claudia

Heidi

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 05:27:14 AM »

Today I removed the cross that I had around my neck for so many years....why?  It was because of what all of you contributed to this post, but more so....all glory to God.

I do not want to wear anything that does not accurately represent the truth....thank you my brothers and sisters in the Lord.  I know for some of you it may seem insignificant but for me it is one less idol of the heart that God has dealt with.

Love
Heidi

Ricky

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »

Hedi, This post, Forces of the cross. I was not going to write it, I do not know why I did. It feels like something or someone made me do it. I know who the god of the cross is. With all the replies that have come up on this, look what has now happened. The cross is an idol, and you have removed it, maybe others will do the same. As nasty as this post has turned out for me, it has been good for you Hedi, and maybe others. I can only hope that it has been good for Jesus. I am now considering leaving the form, but not Rays teachings. cos I know he teaches the truth.  Or maybe Dave would rather me phone Osama for some help. 
            Bless you all          Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.