bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming out of hiding  (Read 8937 times)

tinknocker

Coming out of hiding
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:16:10 AM »

Greetings to All,

Like many others I have been lurking around bible-truths for a very long time without introducing myself. I also feel like I know many of you already. So I finally decided it was time to introduce myself and I found I could not log-in nor could I remember my log-in name that I used when I first joined the forum . That happens when you get my age (57).

A little background about myself. On the job I'm called a tinknocker so I thought that's a good name to use, maybe I won't forget it  ;D. Tinknocker is a sheet metal installer. I install heating and air conditioning systems. I was raised a bible thumping southern baptist  ;) in San Jose, Ca where I still live. You didn't think there were southern baptist in liberal Ca did you? I married my high school sweetheart, who also attended the same church, 38 years ago and we're still working on figuring it out. We have 3 children, and 6 granddaughters.(no grandsons  >:() We were totally involved in the church including teaching bible classes for the young marrieds in our church. Our whole life was tied to the church and the people in it.
And then it happened, about for years ago I decided I was going to read the bible from cover to cover which I had never done. (right I decided - I now know God had a plan) I came to Genesis 6:2 which says the sons of God took the daughters of man and my mind went WHOA! - WHAT the heck? I've read that verse many times and it never registered with me what that verse was saying. Well I jumped on the internet and typed in sons of God and guess what came up? If you guessed bible-truths.com you guessed correct. That night my world was rocked. Like many others as I was reading I knew instantly this was the truth. I just knew it. I went through the motions of checking out every verse and Greek word just to say I had done it, but I already knew it was the truth. I will not forget that night, or should I say morning (3:00 am) The totality of it brought me to my knees in tears(bawling really) and asking God to forgive me for blaspheming His name and His character. The burden was lifted from my shoulders - it was so real to me I felt like I could just float away. (By the way I never got past Genesis 6:2)
The next few days revealed that I had a hugh problem. My wife who had been on the path for sainthood :) and was always the perfect christian by all standards of the church, did not want hear any of it. You have to understand her mother and father were founding members of our church. Her whole life she lived by the christian standards she believed was honoring God. We grew up in the 60's but she never would partake in drugs (not even light a joint much less inhale), drinking or anything that she thought would dishonor God. Look I know we dated since we were 15, That's why I married her. She's a much better person than I am! I came to realize this could destroy our marriage but I could not pretend this didn't happen. I could not continue with teaching our young marrieds bible class and within a few weeks I left the church. Well it took about 3 months before God opened my wife's eyes and ears and she also has come out of Babalon.

It's been about 4 years now and all my children have come out also. We have a bible study almost every sunday at our house but have found no other like beleivers in our area.

I've gone on long enough, but look foward to the fellowship with all of you

chav

Re: Coming out of hiding
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:11:09 AM »

Hi
Welcome to the forum, great story ,yet so similar to many others here.Like you I just stumbled (I know not how) upon BTand had a similar experience to yours of having my world turned upside.Looking forward to reading your future posts.

Dave UK

faith2faith

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:40:25 AM »

Hi their tinknocker :)

And welcome to you and your family, thank you for sharing your testimony and i'm sure it will bring others out as well
and inspire others, our testimonies are too help one another and also build confidence so once again, thank you that
was very special.

God bless  :)
trish.

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »

Welcome Tinknocker!

Always good to meet another part of our Body of Christ that we haven't been able to get to know personally yet!  I was very glad to read your Wife & then Children came into the truth also.  It's very difficult to walk this road alone.

I look forward to your comments,
Brenda

iris

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »

Hi Tinknocker,

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing your testimony.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Iris

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »

Ditto Tinknocker,

Newbie my self to the forum. Just moved in all my stuff in the last few days, not much that i brought but hope to contribute much in time. BTW we are experimenting (Joyful1 is) with a new Transporter in the:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8167.0.html . It is a real trip if you can keep yourself together, LOL.

Geo.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:19:22 PM by aqr »

tinknocker

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 10:58:46 PM »

Thank You all for the warm welcome. I really need the fellowship with like beleivers - It's lonely out here

tinnocker

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 11:13:09 PM »

It is so nice to hear newcomer testimony.  I don't know why but I am always excited when someone new joins the forum and that has been happening a lot lately.  Often times it's someone who has been reading and studying Ray's papers way longer than me.  Good news travels fast.

Welcome.  As they say, the more the merrier.  :)

Eileen

tinknocker

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 03:26:21 AM »

Thanks for the Geo. - If I didn't know better I would be thinking "what did I get myself into here"  lol
Thanks for the welcome Eileen, I agree with wit you on reading the new members introductions. I have been around this site for a long time, but never posted because I never felt I had anything to add worth posting about. It's hard when all your friends and relatives believe Satan has gotten a hold of you. The hunger to talk to fellow believers just became overwhelming so I finally spoke up. You'll start hearing from me more and more - sure wish we could of been at that conference

Your brother
Tom

lq1over

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 10:04:57 AM »

Tinknocker,
Thanks for the testimony, It is great how God directs our paths to learn His truth, I too found Ray Smith by searching web for subject matters, mine was Tithing. It was great to here that your wife was with you and your children. My wife also has come to know and hear and beleive these truths.
Thanks for sharing
LQ

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »

Hi tinknocker!  Welcome!!

What a wonderful story of your progress and process to the TRUTH.  that is great to have your wife and children along side with you!  My story is very similar in that it took about 3 mos for my DH to 'come out of her my people' about 4 yrs ago too; but, we are still working on his 5 adult kids, and it is a long road to travel right now (one is a witch/Wicca; the other is a part time denominational goer; the other goes to a UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIT church where there are all kinds of gods being worshipped there (mostly Buddha and ones self) and evils going on there (they welcome, embrace, and support all types of homosexual lifestyles as well; there are atheists and agnostics there too;) the other daughter is a traditional regular Sunday going and highly involved christian church goer, and the other just goes b/c he is made to go.)  It will be wonderful to one day have all of our kids sitting around the table reading the truths of Gods' word together...it is my prayer for sure!  DH and I do have a 10 yr old son who knows all about all that we believe here (thankfully.)  Praise God for working miracles in your family...many here long for such as you have been blessed with...enjoy your blessings brother!  ;)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 02:52:07 PM »

Welcome aboard.  Really enjoyed reading your testimony.  I'm looking forward to continuing fellowship with you and the family.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Phil3:10

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 03:27:22 PM »

Tinknocker,
So glad you are joining this forum. I do envy you in that your wife and family have come out of the Babylonian System. My wife and family think I have joined a cult after coming out of the Church System three years ago. It is my constant prayer that my wife's eyes will be opened soon.
Stay in Ray's teachings and this forum and you will received untolold blessings.
Phil3:10

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 03:37:25 PM »

Tinknocker - you posted, "I came to Genesis 6:2 which says the sons of God took the daughters of man and my mind went WHOA! - WHAT the heck? I've read that verse many times and it never registered with me what that verse was saying. Well I jumped on the internet and typed in sons of God and guess what came up?". I typed in the same thing and did not get any hits for Bible-Truths at all.

What was your revelation? I do not understand this Bible verse at all, also I have read Ray's replies to other people's emails about the same subject and still can not figure out what is meant by this Bible verse. Can anyone enlighten me?

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 03:43:22 PM »

Phil3:10 - I completely understand, almost all of my friends and family think I am getting into sometype of cult also. That is why I am constantly asking questions, they bombard me daily with questions about this forum and the website. I have to admit that sometimes their constant badgering causes me to have doubts myself. It reminds me of the allegory of the cave, sometimes it is painful to leave the comfort of darkness (ignorance) than hurt your eyes by trying to see the light.

Kat

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »

Hi Tinknocker,

Well I'm glad that you have finally joined us and I hope your wife and children will visit here too  :)

So I finally decided it was time to introduce myself and I found I could not log-in nor could I remember my log-in name that I used when I first joined the forum . That happens when you get my age (57).
On the job I'm called a tinknocker so I thought that's a good name to use, maybe I won't forget it

That is precious, I already like you a lot.  What a wonderful blessing having your family's eyes opened.  God must have blessed you to be a humble teacher.  I hope you will join in the discussions and share more with us. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

tinknocker

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 03:27:17 AM »

Phil3:10 - I know that it is nothing I did to bring my family out of Babylon. It was God plan and His timing. I just thank Him for this always! Wait for them to come to you and ask you questions why you believe this way now. Take them to the Bible and show them the specific verses that confirm the truth. Taking them to B.T. site to show them is not going to help you. Their response will be "that it's just another mans interpretation". There's no way you can argue that point. You need to put together the verses that convinced you of these truths and be ready for those questions - they will come, then take them to the Bible and show them. A very important component is to love them and not get pushy. Be compassionate towards them because they can see only what God allows them to see. I can testify that if they see it is done out of love towards them they will want to respond to you. I will be praying for you and your family.

Your brother
Tom (tinknocker)

tinknocker

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 03:34:34 AM »

hebrewroots98 - Thanking God every day for my family coming alongside and praying that many more families can enjoy this blessing.

Tom (tinknocker)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:29:30 AM by tinknocker »

tinknocker

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 04:11:19 AM »

Douglas Wayne Thomas

We will have to wait on Ray to answer that question because I am not a teacher, just a student like the rest of you.
I do know they are not human;
Gen 6:4  The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterwards, when the sons of God came to the daughters of man, who bore children to them. They were the powerful men of old, the famous men.
I know they are not angels;
Heb 1:5  For to which of the angels did He ever say, You are My Son; today I have become Your Father, or again, I will be His Father, and He will be My Son?

The rest we will just have to wait on Ray's paper.
I'm amazed at the different things God is using to bring many to His truth because there is not alot of information on this site about this subject, but this is what God used to open my eyes and ears.

I have gone back several times and type in the same search question and B.T. does not come up. Don't ask me how it came up on that search - I think it's something God will have to explain to us someday how He did it! ;) I'm just thankful it did.

Your brother
Tom (tinknocker)

P.S. - I editing this because after this weeks conference the tidbits I hearing they could be human, just not from the seed of Adam. Can't wait to hear the audios from the conference. Our answer my be there.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:07:19 PM by tinknocker »

tinknocker

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 05:09:30 AM »

To iris, trish, Brenda and Kat

Thank You for the warm welcome. I have read many of your posts and feel like I'm joining old friends. You are precious, precious sisters in Christ

Tom (tinknocker)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.