bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Made in His image  (Read 5088 times)

stephen

Made in His image
« on: September 22, 2008, 06:47:13 PM »

Hi There, I'm looking for opinions and also anything that Ray might have written on being made in the image of God. What does it mean. These hyper-faith teachers seem to have a license to interpret this scripture as they want to. I cannot believe that my words have creative power.

Thanks in advance

Stephen from South Africa

Kat

Re: Made in His image
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:03:30 PM »

Hi Stephen,

I did find a few places where Ray speaks on this.

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html ------------------------

NOT YET IN THE IMAGE OF GOD

Most of Christendom have been taught and believe that God created (past tense) man in the very "image of God." Oh really?

So if we want to see what the "image of God" really looks like, all we have to do is look at the vast sea of evil, sinning humanity? Or maybe you believe like many that Adam and Eve WERE (past tense) in the absolute, very IMAGE of God when they were created, but then lost that "image" when they sinned?

Few indeed realize that being made into the image of God is much the same as being saved—IT IS AN ONGOING PROCESS!

Check all the verses in the original: "now saving," "to save," "shall save," "might save," "are being saved," etc. "For by grave ARE ye saved through faith…" tells us HOW we are being saved, not WHEN (Eph. 2:08). Verses such as I Cor. 1:18 in the King James, "…but unto us which ARE saved it is the power of God," is not a faithful rendering of the Greek. Check an interlinear. The words are thus: "…to-THE YET ones-beING-SAVED US…" Yes, often the original manuscripts have only endings and not the complete word, as in "ING." It clearly shows and uncompleted action.

Creating man in God’s image:

King James Version: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness… So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; make and female created He them" (Gen. 1:26a & 27).

Concordant Version: "And saying is the Alueim [Hebrew: elohiym, gods or used of the supreme God--plural of elowahh, a deity or the Deity], Make will We humanity in Our image, and according to Our likeness… And creating is the Alueim humanity in His image. In the Image of the Alueim He creates it. Male and female He creates them" (Gen. 1:26a & 27).

So we see here the same thing we have already discussed with regards to the Greek aorist tense of verbs, as in "For God so lovED the world" versus "For thus God lovES the world." God’s love for the world CONTINUES! And creating man in God’s image also CONTINUES!

Lustful, carnal-minded, sinning, Adam and Eve were no more in the complete image of God at their physical creation than the Apostles were completely converted during the schooling under Christ’s teaching. It is all an ongoing process. We are even still being converted, and still being perfected, and still becoming more and more like God. How often I have heard preachers remark how Adam and Eve where in the very IMAGE OF GOD. THE TRUE IMAGE OF GOD DOES NOT SIN!

"For whom He did foreknow He also did predestinate TO BE conformed to the image of His Son…" (Rom. 8:29).

"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we SHALL also bear the image of the heavenly" (I Cor. 15:49).

Presently, only Jesus Christ is the true "Image of God" (II Cor. 4:4).

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=5312.0 -----------

So the more we study this Word of God, the more we see it’s all one thing.  There is one giant parable and it is this.

Gen 1:26  “And God said, Let Us be making man in Our image…”

There it is! 
You know the teaching is, that that has already happened.  No it didn’t!  That is why they don’t understand the Bible, because it didn’t happen back then.  Only the physical aspect was back then. 
First the physical then the spiritual, that’s the principle.  If you don’t believe that principle, how can you believe the Bible?  Why do you think the Bible teaches principles, if they aren’t true.  If it is true, why don’t you believe it?  Does the physical come first and then the spiritual?  Yes it does.  That’s the principle of God and so He’s making man into God’s image.  Are we spirit?  No.  Is God spirit?  Yes.  Well if He is making us into HIS image, don’t you think this stinking, rotten, carnal minded body is going to have to change, if we are going to be made into His image?  We know it hasn’t happened yet.  That’s why people kill each other and hate each other and all the misery and stuff we have among society, because they are not in His image.  These people are not in the image of God!  But one day they will be. 

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm --------------------------

It is universally taught (and believed) that Adam and Eve were already formed and created in the very spiritual image of God way back in the garden. This is not, however, how the Hebrew manuscripts read, as a perfect creature formed in the very spiritual image of God, that not only does not sin, but cannot sin. The reason that Jesus (made unto sinful flesh) did not sin, was not that He could not sin, but rather His Father WOULD NOT LET HIM SIN. Jesus was born with a physical body, and therefore that body had to die. But I assure you that Jesus did not possess a "carnal mind" in that body of flesh. He sinned NOT.

Making mankind into God’s own Image is a process that involves a lifetime of trials and tribulations that includes the crucifying and mortifying of the carnal human mind and body. I realize that from the King James and many modern translations it sounds like it was a "past tense" made in His image at creation, but actually it was not. Gen. 1:26-27 is equivalent to our English imperfect. Here is how one Version translates it:

"And saying is God, Make WILL WE [a continuing action] humanity in Our image…"

and

"And CREATING [a continuing action] is God humanity in His image" (Gen. 1:26a & 27a Concordant Literal Old Testament),

Man is not a "spirit being" having a "physical" experience, but rather man is a "physical and mortal" being having a "spiritual" experience. We are first born mortal [physical], but in the resurrection God gives us immortality (the spiritual).
--------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:33:44 PM by Kat »

stephen

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 07:59:30 PM »

Thanks Kat for your speedy response. It's much appreciated.

Stephen

Falgn0n

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:38:46 AM »

Hello Stephen from South Africa

This is Falgn0n from South Africa :)

Always veeery excited to hear about believers in my home country.

I was a member of various "non-denominational" "charismatic" "pentecostal/faith" churches here, not the least of which was 'Christian Family Church' in Edenvale, Gauteng and 'Covenant Life Church' in Benoni, which is a member of 'New Covenant Ministries International' (Until the realisation of the HELL farce forced me to leave)

Aaaaanyway

What part of SA u from?

and ... To answer your question ... Well, I can't really do it better than Kat did, God bless her, hehehe ;)

Peace
Falgn0n.  8)

stephen

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »

Hi Falgn0n,

I'm one of the famous "West Rand Cowboys". I Grew up in the Dutch Reformed(Much deformed) church in Durban, eventually saw some light and joined Fred Roberts in 1979 and went to Bible college at Rod Seago in Pinetown. Moved to JHb in 1986, was at Rhema for a while and then moved to Rustenburg and eventually in 1993 to Randfontein. I became disillusioned with the whole positive confession, prosperity and Jesus is a Santa Clause doctrine and stopped going to church. About 7 years ago my wife left me for a church that preached money, money, money and if you're sick you have no faith and life is a bowl of cherries on white cloud with a harp.

I came across Ray's site about 18 months ago and my life has changed drastically, for the better of course. "The truth shall set you free" has a new meaning. We are presently 5 people that meet once a week to study the word, using Ray's notes.

My email address is steve@cybersure.co.za if you wish to communicate.

God bless you

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.