bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What should i say?  (Read 7727 times)

lilitalienboi16

What should i say?
« on: May 20, 2006, 09:45:15 PM »

Let me start by explaining my situation.

I go down to mainstreet alot, the Peer at Huntington beach and i walk around and see all these Christian people walking to people and saying "Are you saved" etc... They start by "let me test you, if you pass this test and end up a good person then you get 20$ if you don't, then you fail and don't get the money" They continue with "Have you ever told a lie" offcourse we know what people are gonna say, they are gonna say "Yes i have" to which the questioner responds "then that makes you a lier," they continue this game with about 4 or 5 questions based on the 10 commandments. THey then say, if you stood before God and He judged you on His commandments (laws the 10 they are refering too) would you be innocent, or guilty? TO which the person logicaly responds "guilty." Proceeding passed this they go, and you know the story, "With Jesus Christ you are forgiven all your sins where put on Him etc etc..." They then condem them to hell if they do not have Christ on there side.

I don't have a problem with this little game they play, what i have a problem with is that, Isn't God gonna Judge the World by Christ Jesus and not by the "10 commandments?" Didn't paul say the letter kills, so why would God judge us on what has already been fullfilled in Christ, and yes i don't like them scaring into people believing but I am not prepared to address this blasphemy yet, key word being YET ;) When God wills hehe.

I guess the question is, How IS God gonna judge us? Through Christ Jesus - Grace and Faith, or through the Letter - The Old covenent?

P.S. Yes im well aware teh Old covenent is done away with, im only asking because i don't know how to respond to these people who say God will judge us based on the Old laws. Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

God bless,

Alex

ertsky

What should i say?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 10:21:25 PM »

then you fail and don't get the money

:lol:  classic Alex, you have the true jewish humour brother

that line cracked me up

i don't know if i have any useful insight, and there are so many ways to give the One answer to that question

we are more concerned with the present judgment, ie. judgment has already begun on the house of God

but heres a few verses i remembered

Jam 2:12  So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
Jam 2:13  For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Mat 12:36  But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

1Co 11:31  For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32  But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

if i may

Jud 1:21 Yourselves, in God’s love, keep,—awaiting the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, unto age-abiding life.
Jud 1:22 And, on some, indeed, have mercy,—such as are in doubt, be saving, out of the fire, snatching them;
Jud 1:23 But, on others, have mercy with fear, hating even, the garment, spotted by the flesh.
Jud 1:24 Now, unto him who is able—to guard you from stumbling, and to set you in the presence of his glory, without blemish, with exultation,—
Jud 1:25 Unto God alone our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, greatness, dominion, and authority, before all the by-gone age, and now, and unto all the coming ages. Amen!

God bless you Alex

especially down at the peer, where it sounds pretty irritating, maybe the next time someone offers you the test you can say, yes if you submit to my test first, if they say yes, throw them in the water and see if they get angry LOL!

f

SteveB

What should i say?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 10:21:42 PM »

let me test you, if you pass this test and end up a good person then you get 20$ if you don't, then you fail and don't get the money"

Thats cheesed they should at least let you keep the $. They'd be planting a seed... :lol:

P.S. Yes im well aware teh Old covenent is done away with, im only asking because i don't know how to respond to these people who say God will judge us based on the Old laws. Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Read them the book of Galations:) For real, just tell them the letter kills and the spirit gives life. The 5th chapter of matt. is a good place to learn the difference between the old and new. Show them the verse about moses saying that God was going to send anotherand do away with the law that he was given.

Heres a good place to start.

http://www.*not-allowed*.com/freefromlaw.php

gmik

What should I say?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 12:41:51 AM »

Good scriptures guys.

I wouldn't say anything to these people, not unless they ask you.  Maybe some of those who failed wouldn't mind hearing that actually they will pass.

lilitalienboi16

What should i say?
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 02:33:26 AM »

Alright thanks alot Guys, ill definatly read that article when i have time, it seems very lengthy so gonna have to tackle it with time by my side :)

So If they state next time that God will Judge you on His ten Commandments, i should say that GOd Judges so we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world, and that we will not be Judged by the Letter that kills but judged by the law of liberty that is found in Jesus Christ.

Would this be a descent start to an answer?

You know what really gets to me is that they make this ERRONEOUS assertion that the LAKE OF FIRE (After you say you are guilty they say ALL LIERS get thrown in there - to the point where they seem to think that there is somehow an exception to ALL liers) IS HELL!!!! Despite themselves stating "THIS IS THE SECOND DEATH."

The guy was sitting there preaching and He said that, and i raised my hand to which he called upon me and i said, "Doesn't the bible say the LAKE OF FIRE IS THE SECOND DEATH?" To which he responded, "yes it does." I continued with, "Then where do you get this belief that God is gonna torture innocent people who have never heard of Him in there?" He then said, "Are you a jehovah's witness?" and i said, "Nope." and he just ignored my questioned and continued on with this preaching which i felt terrrible about because i was powerless to say anything against him due to my lack of knoweldge in the truth, but seeing the disbalief in these people and knowing exactly what there thinking. "How can the Christians say there GOd is loving when He is gonna torture most of the worlds population in a terrorist hell hole." There were about 3 kids my age standing next to me and they said "Were athiests, what about you?" I said "i was a firm believer however i strongly disagreed with what this man had to say, and that His tactic into scaring people to believe was terrible mistaken." They agreed, and made fun of the guy, and i just sat there listening to them, it was terrible to see so many people who don't believe :/

Just makes you feel bad :/ I wish the Lord would have spoke through me at that time to show this blasphemy which This man was speaking.. unfortunately the Lord did not feel it was my time or place to be doing such speaking so all i could do was watch in disbalief as He condemned people to an eternity in hell - Trying to scare them into believing in God... how truly sad.

ertsky

What should i say?
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 03:50:27 AM »

There were about 3 kids my age standing next to me and they said "Were athiests, what about you?" I said "i was a firm believer however i strongly disagreed with what this man had to say, and that His tactic into scaring people to believe was terrible mistaken."

sounds to me Alex like God is giving you exactly the words He wants to say through you and the ones He wants to say them to as well.

God's going to continue using you as well i reckon, because your sincerity is obvious to all, and an inspiration.

f

lilitalienboi16

What should i say?
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 04:55:02 AM »

Quote from: ertsky
There were about 3 kids my age standing next to me and they said "Were athiests, what about you?" I said "i was a firm believer however i strongly disagreed with what this man had to say, and that His tactic into scaring people to believe was terrible mistaken."

sounds to me Alex like God is giving you exactly the words He wants to say through you and the ones He wants to say them to as well.

God's going to continue using you as well i reckon, because your sincerity is obvious to all, and an inspiration.

f

Well thank you very much for your kind words Ertsky, i hope i can be sincer, however like everyone else i am human and i do my best. If anything the praise is all to God and not me.

I guess you are right, perhaps God was using me and i didn't even know it :)

Andrew

What should i say?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 06:29:58 AM »

Luk 21:14  Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
Luk 21:15  For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

hillsbororiver

What should i say?
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 11:55:01 AM »

Hi Alex,

The following article may help your understanding on what His Judgement entails as it is far removed from what christian tradition teaches. I know that I need to keep rereading this material as I gain better insight each and every time.

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

Joe

lilitalienboi16

What should i say?
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 02:20:47 AM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Hi Alex,

The following article may help your understanding on what His Judgement entails as it is far removed from what christian tradition teaches. I know that I need to keep rereading this material as I gain better insight each and every time.

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

Joe

Thank you hills, and yes like you i have read this article, but im sure it will do me no harm to read it again, infact it will probably do me much good ;)

Thanks and God bless,

Alex

Falconn003

What should i say?
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 04:40:52 AM »

Soooooo...........what did you end up saying ???

Rodger

dogcombat

What should i say?
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »

That "game" is part of the well intended but woefully ignorant "Way Of The Master" teaching of Ray Comfort & Kirk Cameron.  It doesn't take long to figure out their charade, because they have not a clue as to what the Cross means.  When it's time Alex, Holy Spirit will instruct you as to what to say should you find yourself engaged in their game.

Ches

SandyFla

What should i say?
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 05:34:22 PM »

It's God's kindness that leads us to repentence (Romans 2:4), not the fear of burning in hell forever.

If people serve God simply because they are afraid of going to hell, that is not love. They don't serve Him out of LOVE, but out of FEAR. Proof positive: We've seen that many times when people write to Ray and say things like, "If there's no hell, then I'll just live any way I want and sin as much as I want!"  :roll:

God wants us to love Him as a caring Heavenly Father, not fear Him as a brutal terrorizer.

If we are to fear Him at all, it is a reverent fear, not the type of fear an abused child has for a cruel parent.

Sandy

dogcombat

What should i say?
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 02:46:01 PM »

To answer your question Bobby, I think yeah, Kirk's celebrity is the reason Ray Comfort has him around.  Their M.O. is this, what if God judged you by the 10 Commandments, would you get to Heaven or Burn in Hell?  

To the gullible, they would easly fall for it.  But if God did
judge (at the Great White Throne of Judgement) by the law, wouldn't he use the WHOLE law?  613 laws HAVE to be kept.  They also deceive people by saying "this is how Jesus witnessed".   WHAT A CROCK!!  Unless you change the account in scripture of the Rich young ruler, (which is what WOTM does)
anyone can see it's false, to say Christ used the 10 commandments to "witness".  

All I can suggest to anyone who watches Comfort and Cameron, you'll learn what NOT to do by letting Holy Spirit discern that IT is doing the witnessing.  Not us.  Aren't you glad?

Ches

Harryfeat

What should i say?
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 03:34:06 PM »

I enjoyed reading the responses. They are so on target.  [Ertsky, when are you going to honor us with a stand up comedy routine. I could use a belly laugh every now and again.]

I guess I get  too impatient with missionary types and bible thumping preachers.

I would ask them if they were followers of Christ or Moses.  Then I would say "I am a follower of Christ and Christ gave us but two commandments not ten.
Hand over the twenty bucks." :!:

Who knows it might work :lol:

feat

lilitalienboi16

What should i say?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 06:10:55 PM »

Quote from: Harryfeat
I enjoyed reading the responses. They are so on target.  [Ertsky, when are you going to honor us with a stand up comedy routine. I could use a belly laugh every now and again.]

I guess I get  too impatient with missionary types and bible thumping preachers.

I would ask them if they were followers of Christ or Moses.  Then I would say "I am a follower of Christ and Christ gave us but two commandments not ten.
Hand over the twenty bucks." :!:

Who knows it might work :lol:

feat

Hey thats actualy an awsome reply! Thanks alot!

mustardseed

What should i say?
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 05:19:41 PM »

You say the same thing Jesus said when confronted with people who didn't know what they were talking about:

Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. Matt.22:29

Then walk away.

rvhill

What should i say?
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 05:51:11 PM »

ilitalienboi16 I know some of these guys personally. I have known Bobby Bible for over 20 years, there is a true NUT

So, are we the only two from South Ca? I live in Costa Mesa. want to get together some time?

lilitalienboi16

What should i say?
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 05:56:29 PM »

Quote from: rvhill
ilitalienboi16 I know some of these guys personally. I have known Bobby Bible for over 20 years, there is a true NUT

So, are we the only two from South Ca? I live in Costa Mesa. want to get together some time?

I would love to friend, i live in Fountain Valley. :)

We should definatly get together and have fellowship it would be a welcome changed for all those who cannot stand the truth.

God bless,

Alex

carol v

What should i say?
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 08:48:32 PM »

This kind of confuses me. Isn't the law the schoolmaster that first brings us to God and don't we have to be called before we are chosen. Aren't they at least getting these people out of Egypt and into the wilderness? A journey of a thousand miles begins with ... oops I think that's Confuscious. :shock:

I read the Way of the Master stuff when I was called -- even their wonderful little book called "Hell's Best Kept Secrets."  (that's sarcasm of course) And yes, their overall belief system is trash doctrine BUT...

As I said, aren't they using the law as a schoolmaster and isn't this a part of God's plan. I am just trying to figure this out truly -- isn't it better to be called than pagan?  Or not?

And no lectures on profiting from the word, etc. I'm basically asking if it isn't better to be called and isn't the law a beginning so aren't these well-meaning but completely deceived Way of the Master folk just another cog in God's wheel?

Carol V
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.