bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does knowing the truth really matter?  (Read 11264 times)

Richard D

Does knowing the truth really matter?
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:57:59 AM »

Maybe I’m confused but does knowing the truth really matter? If one believes there is a place of torment when that one dies does he or she not discovers the goodness of God?

I learned from Ray’s papers that I’m the beast so what do I do with that knowledge? If I try on my own to put the beast down is this not of my own doing and not of Christ? And if not of Christ is it not in vain? But whatever I do is it’s not of Christ anyways?

After reading Rays papers on free will I honestly believe I only have a will but not free. I can see that very clear. God causes me to choose the only action possible for me at each moment of my life. Do I have any say in anything I do?

I’ am programmed from the beginning whenever the beginning was. It’s like I’m a robot but I don’t feel like a robot and of greater value too. I’m going to be and do what ever God declares I will be or do.

I will receive a certain amount of light whether I want it or not. I will be whatever whether I want it or not, I will do whatever I will do whether I want to do it or not. It doesn’t matter what I want I have no say do I?

Before I came across Rays papers I ask God if he would do me a favor and I asked that when I die just let me stay dead I really don’t want life I think it blank blank  blanks

Now after reading Rays papers I think of death as heaven you know, there is no pain there, no suffering there no tears there no hunger there no work there no disturbances there only peace. In some ways I wouldn’t mind not going on forever. I don’t know if God will still grant me my wish seeing where it’s of God not me.

To me God is the greatest being in the universe but I don’t know what to do with him, he’s beyond my scope no doubt. I enjoy all these truths I’m learning from Rays papers and on this forum but I’m thinking also does truth really matter. It is what it is and I can not alter one aspect of my life, I don’t even know if I should even call it my life.

I’m just thinking with all this truth what good does it do me? If I talk to a person who God has not called he won’t listen or if too another who will listen it’s because God call that one. Either way I have nothing to do with it.

I know now why Jesus die for us and its because He God Jesus is responsible for every sin committed under heaven but we are accountable but in the end who am I to say to the potter why have you made me like this!

I had to vent, sorry, I hope you understand but if you don’t it’s because God kept it from you or if you do it’s because God gave it to you. Please don’t get me wrong I love God maybe I’m just in a funny mood today. All glory and power to God.

In His Love. Richard

OBrenda

Re: Does knowing the truth really matter?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 12:16:37 PM »

Richard,

You are sorting & deprogramming.  So am I.  As you have more truth & awareness, each day will add to your understanding of all of this.  Knowing the truth does matter, but long term all will know the truth and be saved.

Your Sis,
Brenda

Kent

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

I’m just thinking with all this truth what good does it do me?

It set you free. Right??? Is that such a Bad Thing?

What are you complaining about?

OK, you know that there is no hell. That is a big and very important truth. Is that enough, or do you want to know more?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:55:06 PM by Kent »

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »

Hi Brenda, maybe your right, perhaps inwardly truth and lies are being separated. I feel like a puppet with feelings now, you know. But someone else is pulling my strings. I walk, talk and do according to what ever string is being pulled.

I know this experience we all have in this life is to obtain knowledge of good and evil. I or we do not have free will now or in the next life to come or any age afterwards. God controls everything. God is all in all; wouldn’t all have His understanding of good and evil anyways?

Maybe what I’m going through is what happens to a person when God drags them to Himself or maybe not. I was just reading on another post that Adam and Eve might not be the first humans. Is there any truth in our lives at all?

Maybe it’s just a silly phase I ‘m going through just not understanding what is transpiring. You know. I can go anywhere in this world and ask these question but I’ll get worldly answers so what’s the sense of doing that, it will be just another lie I’m sure! So I ask it here. Seems to me the greater wisdom is here.

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:07:19 PM »

Kent

I don’t feel inwardly I’m complaining and yes truth does set us free. At least I know when a doctor says Richard you have three months left to live I won’t spend the last three months of my life wondering just how much pain I’ll be in because I know the dead are really dead and even after the resurrection I still have nothing to fear not even from the lake of fire.

I find myself being reduced to nothing with these truths and that is probably a good thing. I’m sure its Gods will for me. I understand why God says man prefers darkness rather than light, it’s just not his evil deeds that are exposed in the light. It’s everything about him that comes to light.

You know, who he or she is. Or what they are. Yes the truth does set us free but still are we not slaves. Yes we are all slaves either to sin or to righteousness but slaves we are.

For the first time in my life I’m being allowed to see this fact. Well then I ask what I do with this knowledge.

But complaining, I think not, simply expressing this life changing truths. All I’m saying is what do I do with the truth. Because the truth is, it’s going to do what God declared it to do anyway.

In His Love. Richard.

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

Richard,

Been there done that several times already, i never expressed it before to anyone. Knowing that we are nothing of ourselves is the beginning of knowledge, it gets harder until we let go and really let GOD. Check out Romans: c5. v1-21; (for patience use Endurance), i believe you will get it long before you reach v21. There is another scripture from Paul: Romans: c7 v15-25. Hope these help to clear up a bit of the turmoil in your mind right now.

In Spirit and Truth, George.

Amrhrasach

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »

Relax.

Give yourself time to absorb and think through was is being revealed to you.  Give yourself time to specifically place these truths into your life where they will provide you with a greater understanding of your own self and as you relate to the world around you, and to God.

There is no such thing as a quantum leap with the wealth of information you have been exposed to.

The more you try to present these truths to someone who is not of the same understanding as you, the more potential confusion you may conjure to yourself in your walk, and the more questions you present to yourself of what is real, truthful, worthy and necessary.

And it's all real, truthful, worthy and necessary.

JeffH

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 02:44:08 PM »

Richard,

I think we've all been going through the same thing you are.  I've been reading Ray's writings for 6 years and I still don't know what my purpose is (other than what's obvious).  I have changed though and my outlook on life is very different - very much for the better - but it took time.  I'm a slow learner and whatever I grasp comes in bits and pieces.  I'm no longer fearful of this life that often really *****, as you put it.  :)

I saw a man at a store yesterday.  He was very short and his limbs were twisted and he needed crutches to move around and I immediately asked God to forgive me for complaining about the things I experience in this life.  I understand that whatever I have, good or bad (from my perspective), is solely because God has chosen it for me and because of that it's all good.

Learning the truth is important because God is showing it to you.  If He weren't then you wouldn't be here or asking the questions you are.  It's ok to wonder about what's going on.  None of us really knows.  We're just like you asking, "God, why are you showing me these things?  How do you want me to use this?  What purpose is there in knowing this?".  I think one thing is true, that there's a purpose.  It's not for nothing and it's important.  It may be that in time these questions will be answered, but until then, patience and endurance are important.  Continue to read and keep asking questions.  Ask God daily to show you what He wants you to see and thank Him for it.

I asked Ray once, very early on, "How can it be that I know things that Billy Graham doesn't know?!!!"  His reply was "How do you think we feel?!"

Something is happening.  Things are moving at a faster pace every day and God is always working in us and through us, even if we don't see it.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Some things I've recently realized:

1) There are very few people I can talk to about the things I'm learning (which is why I'm here talking to you :))

2) Some people still need to teach these things as Ray has been doing for us, so telling people is a good thing, but we have to be conscious of the fact that many (most) will reject it only for the truth that God hasn't prepared them to understand.  You may tell people who aren't ready and God may lead you to people who are, but for that to happen you have to know what needs to be said.  Ray could have said "Nobody believes me, so why would I tell them?".  But people are believing him.  Not many, but the number is growing.  Thank God for Ray.

We all may be in "learn mode" right now, that will lead to the next step in our journey.  God may have a very different purpose for each of us, but we're all connected by the Truth.

One thing to do is to reject the idea that you're a puppet.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Think Parent/child instead.  We control what our children do for their own good.  We decide what our 5 year old will and won't do because it's necessary.  We don't sit back and think "Man, am I in control or what!!!" 

...We are teaching our children how to become like us...

Jeff  :)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »

Maybe I’m confused but does knowing the truth really matter? If one believes there is a place of torment when that one dies does he or she not discovers the goodness of God?

I learned from Ray’s papers that I’m the beast so what do I do with that knowledge? If I try on my own to put the beast down is this not of my own doing and not of Christ? And if not of Christ is it not in vain? But whatever I do is it’s not of Christ anyways?

After reading Rays papers on free will I honestly believe I only have a will but not free. I can see that very clear. God causes me to choose the only action possible for me at each moment of my life. Do I have any say in anything I do?

I’ am programmed from the beginning whenever the beginning was. It’s like I’m a robot but I don’t feel like a robot and of greater value too. I’m going to be and do what ever God declares I will be or do.

I will receive a certain amount of light whether I want it or not. I will be whatever whether I want it or not, I will do whatever I will do whether I want to do it or not. It doesn’t matter what I want I have no say do I?

Before I came across Rays papers I ask God if he would do me a favor and I asked that when I die just let me stay dead I really don’t want life I think it blank blank  blanks

Now after reading Rays papers I think of death as heaven you know, there is no pain there, no suffering there no tears there no hunger there no work there no disturbances there only peace. In some ways I wouldn’t mind not going on forever. I don’t know if God will still grant me my wish seeing where it’s of God not me.

To me God is the greatest being in the universe but I don’t know what to do with him, he’s beyond my scope no doubt. I enjoy all these truths I’m learning from Rays papers and on this forum but I’m thinking also does truth really matter. It is what it is and I can not alter one aspect of my life, I don’t even know if I should even call it my life.

I’m just thinking with all this truth what good does it do me? If I talk to a person who God has not called he won’t listen or if too another who will listen it’s because God call that one. Either way I have nothing to do with it.

I know now why Jesus die for us and its because He God Jesus is responsible for every sin committed under heaven but we are accountable but in the end who am I to say to the potter why have you made me like this!

I had to vent, sorry, I hope you understand but if you don’t it’s because God kept it from you or if you do it’s because God gave it to you. Please don’t get me wrong I love God maybe I’m just in a funny mood today. All glory and power to God.

In His Love. Richard

Richard D.

This is 'old' indiana bob.  Many good forum responses to your question (s).
Please allow me to try something unconventional to see if it helps a little.

Richard wrote:  "I’m just thinking with all this truth what good does it do me? If I talk to a person who God has not called he won’t listen or if too another who will listen it’s because God call that one. Either way I have nothing to do with it."

Bob writes:
The understanding that I have is as follows:
God has planned from the beginning to call everyone.  We may be used in this task.

God began by laying a foundation for his overall plan by allowing or granting human kind the privilege of participating in the creation of new life (babies) with the potential to live forever.
God is now letting or will let each of us live on the earth long enough to learn that we need God in our lives, that we ARE NOT independent or self sufficient.  Apart from God we are nothing.

Along the way, God is selecting certain individuals to act as teachers and managers of the renewed Eden that will exist here on the earth.  "not many mighty, not many noble, but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise"  I Cor 1:26, for we see very ordinary folks being selected for this purpose.

God has provided a unique, chief leader/teacher in Jesus, our Lord and our Elder brother. 
God will also provide assistants for the Lord to carry out God's will on the earth by training a group of sinners that God has caused to believe, to serve as teachers during the "judgment period" when all living will be learning righteousness from Jesus and through the elect.

So, eventually we will be doing pretty much what you are wanting to do now, in this life, but it is not yet time, we are not fully prepared and would make mistakes that would not be best for the people that we wish to help.

So, why doesn't God allow us to decide who to approach and who to grant a place in His kingdom?
Because we don't have that authority and are not ready.  We are eager and in some cases perhaps we are willing to give our lives for the cause of Christ, but that is human, carnal flesh talking.  We don't know nearly enough to make such serious decisions.  Jesus the Christ alone has that authority.

One of the major things we need to learn, one of the main purposes of this process, is to teach us patience and long suffering and pure love toward our fellow citizens in the future Kingdom of God.

We, you and me and all the other friends we have made on the forum are really just babes in Christ.
We see that we are learning so much so fast and have learned more about God's purpose in a short time than we had learned before in our entire life.  AND yet we are not ready to teach God's truth to those around us.

Even the exchanges we share on the forum MAY BE inspired and moderated by God's spirit.  So, we need to be patient and very careful to allow God to set the pace of our sharing and of our taking advantage of opportunities to help or teach or correct others.

I imagine that you are going through the same struggle that most of us have experienced or will experience eventually.  So, if possible and according to the understanding that God has given you, please just consider that you are like a first semester freshman high school student just like the rest of us and take the time to let this wonderful opportunity soak in before you frustrate yourself trying to be worthy of the opportunity.  All of this will come in time and we all, I think, have felt or still feel just as mixed up as you say that you do.

Our God is a very patient, very loving and gracious being and God's son Jesus, the Lord of all, is a perfect example of how patient we must learn to be.

Please continue asking questions and sharing your concerns and please give yourself a year or so to become more familiar with what Christ's spirit is showing us all as he sends the "comforter" the holy spirit to guide us into all knowledge.  In the meanwhile, rest in the comfort of knowing that in the fullness of time, all will be dealt with in Godly love and given what is best for their individual needs.

Warm regards, Indiana Bob

Kat

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »

Hi Richard,

John 5:30  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

This is what we ultimately have to get to.

John 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease.

The Elect are being prepared now to have the same mind as Christ.  We are to be yeilding ourselves to Christ that He can live through us more and more, so that we will not give in to the lust of the flesh.  This is a process that takes time to learn to heed the voice of the Spirit within.

1Peter 4:1-2 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

Rom 15:5-6  Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Col 3:2  Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
v. 3  For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Richard D

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »

George

Thanks George for responding to my post. It’s good to know I’m not going crazy! After reading your response I realize I’m not and isolated case. And others are going through this also.

Thanks for the scriptures you given me also as I do appreciate it. You know I’m thinking as I write back to you that Jesus prayed and ask if it were possible that this cup could be taken away from him also but said let your will be done!

Thanks once again George. In His Truths .Richard.

Amrhrasach

Thanks for you’re coaching and wisdom in what you say to me. I am learning too much to fast and yet I know nothing, if that makes sense to you. I know Hillsbororiver said in a post to me I should slow down and digest what I have. Sometimes I forget why God gave me two ears. Thank you for your help also as I do need help along the way.

In His Love. Richard.

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff for sharing with me. It’s encouraging to know I’m not alone and with all these responses I’m receiving they help me with my understanding. Your post means much to me as I just felt like I’m nothing and I guess that’s what God is probable trying to get me to understand.

Thanks Jeff once again. In His Truths. Richard.

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 05:20:55 PM »

Just as you are helped by others so your questions help me to clarify my thoughts and look deeper into the Word. It seems that things are accelerating rapidly now. Brings to mind this scripture partial: (In the latter Day Men shall run to and fro and knowledge shall increase). I am at work now so cannot use esword until later.

One of the Least of These, George.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:57:05 PM by aqr »

Samson

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »

Hello Richard,

Slow down, take a deep breathe, pray for discernment and do the best you can, with what you've got in life. Just a suggestion, Brother.

It's my opinion that part of the problem relates to the fact that we as Humans are and have been thoroughly ingrained with the desire to CONTROL everything and everybody. This propaganda permeates the minds of the people we meet and read about on a daily basis. Yet, they can't even CONTROL their own lives and themselves. I constantly and consistently pray to God to remove the desire to try and CONTROL other people. I have family members like that, they try to control other people and seem frustrated and stressed when it doesn't go their way, yet they can't even CONTROL themselves and their own behavior.

This desire to CONTROL our environment and others is an Idol of the Heart and we need to ask God to remove this unhealthy desire and if he does, we will receive a measure of peace in this life.

Just my reflective opinion, for whatever it's worth or not worth.

Kind regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:49:00 PM by Samson »

Richard D

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

Indianabob.

Thank you for your response it did help me with my understanding. I thank you for the time you spent in explaining as you did. Like I did say wisdom is here on this forum. I could have gone to the world but we both know where that would lead to.

Thank you once again Indianabob for your wisdom and explanation. I think I should absorb what I have learned and spend time on reinforcing the truths I already received rather than all at once. I read all of Ray’s papers in a two days time. I now know it was too much for me.

In His Love. Richard.

Hi Kat

Thanks for the scriptures you have given me and also your personal touch on these things I go through in my daily walk with our God. I appreciate your response and thank you once again for everything you said to me.

I have received valuable information from everyone that had posted and it means so much to me. You know Kat, if I had stayed in a church I would of never ask such question to myself because I would not have had the truth to begin with. So I look back now at the responses and see yeah I must be growing and I’m just experiencing growth pains.

Thank you once again. In His Love. Richard

Richard D

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 06:02:00 PM »

Thanks Samson

I appreciate what you said and your right, what I’ am figuring out is this, we don’t have free will and God shows us his truths and we see we are the beast but even with this knowledge it still must take and act of God to rid the beast within us.

Yes I feel helpless because the beast within can not do it, not that it wants to do it anyways. But something in me wants to let go and let God but my desire is for this to happen now.

But is this not what you just said to me. About controlling. I see why it takes a life time to learn obedience and probably most of us die without obtaining complete obedience to His will on this side of life.

Thanks once again Samson.

In His Love. Your brother and friend. Richard.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 06:46:36 PM »

Thank you for this thread Richard, it is great for learning and understanding.
God is showing me more and more that I have no freewill, which has been a battle for me.
I can't tell you all my plans that God has changed for me this past year, I feel free by learning more truths that God's plan is better than mine, and certainly less selfish.
 I am a much kinder sympathetic person.
Another thing that is happening in my life is my husband is realising there is no freewill also.
God is opening a communication line that I haven't had before and I am so much happier.
I am letting go, I can't out wit God.
Richard, remember God called you for a purpose and it is good. :)

Richard D

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 11:54:04 PM »

Hello Jackie Lee

You’re welcome for my post but this is my point, I have no free will and my post I had to post in that God had me post it. Does this make sense to you? I’m starting to see that God is writing through me!

Yes he uses my personality but his words, its strange to me I admit! I read other peoples post and I see God, its God speaking not the poster. We may think it’s us but its not, its God.

So in other words God teaches us through us his children, it’s true. I’m not whack out. God is doing it all. When I discover this I felt as if I’m nothing, you know like a puppet on a string.

So what I’m saying in other words is I want to love God, I want to please God I want to do things for God but God says no. I can not do anything for him. If I could do anything for God then I could boast but God says no.

Yes I’m fascinated by God in every way, its true, God is all in all. God is everything I’ am nothing. So I tell you a truth our life was written out long before we were born, but we must by His decreed live it out, this pleases our creator that we live it out.

Does this make sense to you? Do you now see what God is showing me? Women, we are only a piece of clay, but clay he loves and he loves us very much. What honor what glory that He God Jesus has honored us with by making us or is making us in His image?

Has a tiger or a bear or a rabbit or any other animal or any creping thing or anything in the sea or any fowl been given the honor that God is handing us on a silver platter? I should say not.

It just hurt me to know there is nothing I can do for God but I should have known this from the beginning that I could not do anything for God.

God created the universe and all that is in it. Really now, what did I think I could possibly do for God. Women, now do you see how dumb man really is? Jackie Lee its God who does it all.

Its God who says it all, God is all in all. God speaks through us his children to us his children. Jackie I love you as a sister but think who says they love you? Is God speaking through me saying to you Jackie I love you. God does and says it all Jackie Lee.  :)  :)  :)

In His Love Richard. 

Longhorn

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 12:05:48 AM »

All I know is if Ray never writes another article, the wealth of knowledge and insite that we have been blessed to discover on this forum, will keep me busy for the rest of my life.  Just the LOF series still boggles my mind.  Very few people share the same beliefs as we do on this forum.  I feel very fortunate to have been directed to this site.  May God continue to open our eye's and ears.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Richard D

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 01:25:21 AM »

Hello longhorn

You have rightly said Ray has written enough for a life time. His teachings are much deeper than face value, just the free will verses the will in itself is a life long work which will not be achieved by many at death.

God is showing me who I’ am what I’ am, he God is exposing everything to me about me. It must be that I should see all these things, I can not escape his reach, where can I run to that he is not there.

If I try to leave him he hard presses me he lets me see how much I need him. I need him for all things, for a place to live money to pay bills with and buy food. I need the air he made the water he made the people he made, there is no escaping I’ am his property I belong to God.

He has box me in there is no place left to go except to him. This is incredible to me I discover these past few days he is king of the universe. I mean really king of the universe.

The more I learn of God the more I understand I know nothing of God. He is always with me he is always in me but he God can not be grasped, he is beyond comprehension!

This is what I mean when I say his truths has reduce me to nothing he has crushed me into powder. See now I’m nothing. All power and glory and honor belong to God and to God alone do these things belong.

In His Love, a Humble Servant. Richard.

winner08

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 01:47:50 AM »

Yes Richard D. Truth matters it matters alot. Many things will change in your life now, but knowing you know the truth will be a huge benefit's. So hang in there it will pay dividend's

Darren
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.