bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does knowing the truth really matter?  (Read 11263 times)

Heidi

Re: Does knowing the truth really matter?
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 06:07:30 AM »

Dear Richard D.,
When you joined the forum and among the first few posts I could see that you have a very eager spirit and want to soak up as much as possible.  Your posts are always heartfelt and honest and I appreciate that about you.  I can honestly say that I have learned much in each post and in the replies of my fellow brothers and sisters.  So I want to thank you for being who you are and take heart for your Big Brother has overcome the world!

Just like you, I also need to learn to be patient.

Love
Heidi

Samson

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 06:40:51 AM »

All I know is if Ray never writes another article, the wealth of knowledge and insite that we have been blessed to discover on this forum, will keep me busy for the rest of my life.  Just the LOF series still boggles my mind.  Very few people share the same beliefs as we do on this forum.  I feel very fortunate to have been directed to this site.  May God continue to open our eye's and ears.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Hello Longhorn,

I really appreciated your above thoughts and they make good sense to me and are of a practical mind, sorta my thinking on the matter. With the above in mind, we(Pam and I) have undertaken printing copies of Rays Articles. We had some of the shorter articles already printed. We just finished printing The Myth of Free Will Series. Talk about a wealth of knowledge, there are approximately 120 pages in that series alone. Everytime you read one of Rays Articles for a second, third and fourth time and beyond, a point you might have forgotten or didn't notice is brought into the light for your resource. I enjoy taking copies of Rays printed material to work for review and a re-reading. Ray has so much Spiritual Food available at our disposal and although we always appreciate more, we have alot already.

Kind regards, Samson.

David

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »

1 Timothy 2:3-4

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Truth is of vital importance to everyones salvation, that's what these verses are saying. Being saved means you have a knowledge of the truth, its all part of the same thought here. So of course knowing the truth matters. According to these verses we cannot be saved without the truth. And the knowledge of the truth encompasses ALL the requirements for salvation that Ray eluded to in his talk back in 2005 on how hard it is to be saved. All of those things are from Gods word, and "Thy word is truth". And Ray didn't cover everything, probably because of time constraints, but he said in his talk that he could have gone on and on. The truth is Genesis 1:1 through to Revelation 22:21, that is the knowledge required of Gods elect, and knowledge that will be required of all of mankind ultimately in order to be saved.
I also believe that our words are not Gods words. Gods word is Gods word, the scriptures. Our words and thoughts are caused by God, just as the words of false prophets are caused by God, but they are not speaking Gods word. Just as our sins are not Gods sins, yet He causes them because He made us all sinners. I'm not saying that anyone here is a false prophet, just that we need to be careful what we attribute to God in terms of His word or words. His word is found in scripture, no where else. 

firefly77

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »

God has really been driving this truth home to me about “no free will”, especially in the last year just by the things that were/are happening in my life.
I am learning I don’t have any power to help myself, to make good things happen in my life, I have no effect on anything/anybody… I can try to be “positive” so good things will come to me, I can tithe until I am green in the face, etc. etc. to no effect. I am completely powerless.
I can quit manipulating, pulling strings, trying to win people’s favor, quit playing church, quit trying to impress God. It is the strangest feeling realizing you have no control over anything. It is all God, you can’t take credit for anything in your life. You literally let go and let Him do it all. And he will not quit making you “miserable” until this very thing happens… you let go and cease from your own works. (Sabbath rest?) I am still trying to enjoy this new found “freedom”; my nature is to be a doer and shaker, work, work, work to win God’s favor. There is nothing I can do in my flesh, I have His favor already because of what Jesus did for me.
"He must increase, but I must decrease" (Jn. 3:30)
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Rom. 12:1 -2.  (Why fight it? He will have His way with me eventually, anyway ::) .)
“Thou has hemmed me in behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me.” Psalm 139:5 (When God hems you in, try to get out… Good luck!)
“Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?” Psalm 139:7 (He sees you, sees it all, you cannot hide; so you might as well quit running and acting like there might be a place where He is not.)
I hope I don’t sound weird or disrespectful to God; I am just acknowledging His omnipresence and omniscience. It puts everything I have ever thought and known into a different light…

Richard D

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »

Firefly

Thanks for your response, I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. You really hit the nail on the head in some points you had made. At certain points I felt like I was the writer of your response.

It’s incredible to just listen to others and say to myself that sounds like me their talking about me. I was reading somewhere on the lake of fire but down at the bottom it was a link I had clicked on and read something about Ray’s webmaster saying there are thousands of Christian websites out there.

It confirmed to me my being lead here because those thousands of websites don’t have the truth. What are my odds of finding Ray’s website and accepting it as I did amongst so many other websites?

I think certain things and feel certain things and don’t want to blow them off and that’s why I post as I do. Always looking for some feedback which is of great value to me.

Thank you for your response as always.  :)

His lowly servant and your brother in Christ with much love. Richard.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:41:16 PM by Richard D »

Richard D

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »

Heidi

Thank you for the complement. I know what you mean as I learned from other post that I read. This is a wonderful forum to be a part of. I never received this kind of insight from any church I had attended.

I’m thankful if my post has helped you or another in anyway.

In His Love. Richard.

Robin

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 06:20:41 PM »

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 17:
 3 And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ.

Romans 9:
23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Mark 4:
 11And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables

1 Corinthians 2
 6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory

When God opens my eyes to see and my ears to hear he is allowing me to see who he is. Knowing the truth is knowing just a little about the Father and the Son. It is a relationship. He is revealing himself to me. He is sharing who he is with me/us. Knowing the truth really does matter. He is the truth.

Richard D

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 08:28:24 PM »

Thanks M.G.

Thank you for your response as it’s always appreciated. Something wonderful has happen to me this day. I seem to be increasing with knowledge by the day. It brings to me and abundance of peace within.

I’m new to Ray’s papers and even this forum, I have made a few post here, reaching out to others in hope to understand my walk with God and know what is expected of me.

It appears to me that as soon as I make one post soon afterwards I see the child within me crying out not to the posters but unto God who hears me and has the posters respond to me through Him.

This post I had posted (Does knowing the truth really matter) has come into a greater light for me. Yes the truth does matter but the truth is we will only receive a certain amount of truth in this life and we receive it whether we want it or not.

Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past tracing out!
Rom 11:34 for who hath known the mind of the Lord? Or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35  or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36  For of him, and through him, and unto him, are all things. To him be the glory for ever. Amen.

Rom 8:30  and whom he foreordained, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I have not found Rays papers or this forum by accident in fact I have not found it but was lead to it.

Thanks for your response. In His Love .Richard.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 08:38:25 PM by Richard D »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.