bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Keith & Jen, Seattle WA  (Read 7810 times)

jenniferonline

Hello from Keith & Jen, Seattle WA
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:33:35 AM »

So, it was great to see people at the Nashville conference and put a few faces to the online names.   Although, we aren't the social butterflies and need more than a day to really 'fit in', we still felt welcome.

Jen - raised catholic, Navy wife, full time network architect, recovering alc/addict (6 yrs)

Keith - raised mormon, active duty navy currently stationed on Whidbey Island Naval Air Station http://naswi.ahf.nmci.navy.mil/, formerly USS Lincoln (2002-2006) , USS Carl Vinson (1995-2001).  (leaving these stats just in case there are other active duty guys (or wives who want to contact jen) in the same area who want to email, need support or fellowship including but not limited to xbox360 online games, hiking, barbqing, etc  ;) .)

What got us here: we were searching for answers on the hell doctrine after reading our Four square (non-denominational) church's "what we believe" statements on their website.  Both of us were ingrained with this doctrine and many others like it our entire lives.

Our journey started there and like many of you, today we are praising the God who is saving and loving the entire world (in a grammatically correct perfect present fashion) and not the 'just' god who will fail at saving most. 

We look forward to learning more through you and about you.

Jen and Keith

ScarletWren

Re: Hello from Keith & Jen, Seattle WA
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:47:02 AM »

Hey Jen and Keith,

Welcome.  Hope to see some posts from you.

Trish

iris

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:52:45 AM »

Hi Jen and Keith,

Welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to reading more from you.

Iris

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:58:40 AM »

Hey Jen & Keith. Welcome to the forum.
It was nice meeting you guys Friday night, missed you two for the Sunday session; ran into you coming off the elevator heading for checkout. Hope you had a good flight home.

I was not much of a social butterfly at my first conference, but I'm naturally shy anyway.  ;D

Patrick (AZ)

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:51:05 AM »

Hello & Welcome Aboard,

I gotta ask whats up with the turkey?
I eat Low Carb so we'll be good friends if you keep serving that  ;)

Previously a Navy "SPOOK" here. CTT2 Classic Wizard Cryptologic Tecnician
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
a.k.a. as  O ::) Brenda.

It's not just an Adventure,....it's a JOB!

jenniferonline

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 01:31:34 AM »

Oh, cool title.  had to look it up.  sounds like secret squirrel stuff.  Keith works on the Prowler (now the new EAB6 Growler) line (the best in-flight communication signal blocker money can buy), so i love reading about how the military utilizes 'blackops' equipment.  hard to find good sources on the subject though.

The turkey:  Keith won't admit it, but he loves to hear it.  He's a genius when it comes to the smoker.
If you visit, we'll make you smoked turkey, brisket, ribs, whatever... it's ALL good.  We made that turkey last thanksgiving and it was so beautiful i didn't want to cut it!

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »

Hi Jen,

Are you the young lady who asked me if there were other military people associated with BT?  I'm sorry I didn't get the opportunity to spend more time chatting with you and your husband.  God willing, we will meet again at a future conference.

I LOVE turkey, and that turkey looks as good as it gets. :D  We should have Thanksgiving at your house!

René

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »

Hi Jen,

Can you point yourselves out in the conference pictures? (that way we have another image in our heads) ;D

Thanks,
Brenda

jenniferonline

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »

Hi Jen,

Are you the young lady who asked me if there were other military people associated with BT?  I'm sorry I didn't get the opportunity to spend more time chatting with you and your husband.  God willing, we will meet again at a future conference.

I LOVE turkey, and that turkey looks as good as it gets. :D  We should have Thanksgiving at your house!

René

That's me (or us)! We would love to have you over for thanksgiving.  :)   Need the warmth and fellowship during that time of year especially!

jenniferonline

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »

Hi Jen,

Can you point yourselves out in the conference pictures? (that way we have another image in our heads) ;D

I don't see us in the conference pics, but here's a few:
http://www.goodspyder.com/japan/photos/keith&goofy.JPG (keith is on the LEFT)  ;D
http://www.goodspyder.com/fampics/photos/PictureR%20(252).jpg
http://www.goodspyder.com/fampics/photos/PictureR%20(279).jpg
http://www.goodspyder.com/japan/photos/JenandMaxDisney.JPG

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 08:18:13 PM »

Thanks...Jen
Those are great, had a feeling you were much better looking than that turkey.
The forum is making plans to visit you for thanksgiving, not to far away...lol
 ;D ;D
Brenda

{Pssst...Keith is a bit Goofey Looking, good to see your more about the spiritual} lol

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

Welcome keith and jen

I used to live in Juneau and have spent a lot of time in Seattle then , I even lived there for one year. I am upset that Southwest dropped its direct flight from Nashville to Seattle. I have friends that I come to visit now and then.

Glad that you have joined the forum. Once your eyes have been opened you wil see that there is still more out there to see and learn and not many people out there to share your finds with.

beloved

frecklegirl417

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 05:47:50 PM »

Welcome Jen & Kieth,

Thanksgiving at your house I see....LOL!  I am a military brat my father was aMarine and all most half of the men in my family were Marines or Army, except my one brother he did Navy but I don't remember what he did. Getting old and the brain slows down a bit. You and Kieth have each other in this spiritual walk just like my husband and I do. You will find there are some couples here. I am a recovering alcholic also, sober 18 years now. If I could be of any help during stressful times let me know. Here is a cup of tea to warm you up and when I drink tea sometimes it makes me feel like I am getting a big hug. You know that warm fuzzy feeling.............Its GOOFY I know but its a hug from one sister to another.

gmik

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 09:07:15 PM »

Hey, thanks for those pictures.  Where were you two sitting and how did I miss a young good looking couple??? ;)  We kind of hooked up w/ a couple from New Mexico at the forum. Did you get to mingle?

By the way, all conference attendees!!!!  Lets stay there again next year- that Mexican restaurant was the BEST I ever had!! :D

jenniferonline

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »

Hey, thanks for those pictures.  Where were you two sitting and how did I miss a young good looking couple??? ;)  We kind of hooked up w/ a couple from New Mexico at the forum. Did you get to mingle?

By the way, all conference attendees!!!!  Lets stay there again next year- that Mexican restaurant was the BEST I ever had!! :D

We were sitting in the back next to your husband.  :)  We didn't mingle much.  We aren't big on mingling on first go around but we try.

Patrick

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 07:15:53 PM »

Quote from: jenniferonline
We didn't mingle much.  We aren't big on mingling on first go around but we try.

You and Keith did a good job Friday night. Y'all just walked in and introduced yourselves to Joe and myself, in the breakfast area.  ;)

jenniferonline

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 12:53:06 AM »

We were drunk on jet lag!!  Not typical.   ;D

Linny

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 01:54:00 AM »

Hi Keith and Jen!

You guys are on the other side of the country from us!

Hello to you from us here in Lancaster, Kentucky.

Seattle is beautiful. Haven't been there in a L-O-N-G time though!

Will enjoy getting to know you guys,
Lin (and my husband Tobin who lives vicariously through me here at BT)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.