bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purifying your souls.  (Read 5494 times)

Richard D

Purifying your souls.
« on: September 24, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »

1Pe 1:22  Purifying your souls in the obedience of the truth through the Spirit to unfeigned love of the brothers, love one another fervently out of a pure heart,

The above verse I think is saying obedience to the truth is purifying  my soul.  Does this obedience mean simply not adhering to mans tradition. In other words for example, Ray pointed out with many scriptures there is no such place as hell but quite  the opposite.

So having received the truth and excepting the truth is this in itself consider obedience to the truth or obeying the truth?

Now I find also in the book of Peter three other verses which are of great concern to me.

1Pe 2:11  Dear friends, you are foreigners and strangers on this earth. So I beg you not to surrender to those desires that fight against you.

1Pe 1:14  Behave like obedient children. Don't let your lives be controlled by your desires, as they used to be.

1Pe 1:23  Do this because God has given you new birth by his message that lives on forever.

So, Does 1 Pe 1:22 fulfill in us 1Pe 2:11 and 2:14 because we reject not the truth?

One more thing also has Ray himself ever  translated the new testament from Greek and Hebrew manuscripts into English if so I would like to know where I can purchase a copy?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:58:22 PM by Richard D »

mharrell08

Re: Purifying your souls.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

1Pe 1:22  Purifying your souls in the obedience of the truth through the Spirit to unfeigned love of the brothers, love one another fervently out of a pure heart,

The above verse I think is saying obedience to the truth is purifying  my soul.  Does this obedience mean simply not adhering to mans tradition. In other words for example, Ray pointed out with many scriptures there is no such place as hell but quite  the opposite.

So having received the truth and excepting the truth is this in itself consider obedience to the truth or obeying the truth?

Now I find also in the book of Peter three other verses which are of great concern to me.

1Pe 2:11  Dear friends, you are foreigners and strangers on this earth. So I beg you not to surrender to those desires that fight against you.

1Pe 1:14  Behave like obedient children. Don't let your lives be controlled by your desires, as they used to be.

1Pe 1:23  Do this because God has given you new birth by his message that lives on forever.

So, Does 1 Pe 1:22 fulfill in us 1Pe 2:11 and 2:14 because we reject not the truth?

One more thing also has Ray himself ever  translated the new testament from Greek and Hebrew manuscripts into English if so I would like to know where I can purchase a copy?

Hello Richard,

There are many trials and tribulations that our Lord puts us through to purify our souls and bring us into his kingdom. Ray goes over the many scriptures that refer to our salvation in his paper "How hard is getting saved?" (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html). This paper contains what is obedience by God's standards which in a nutshell is doing everything He tells us to do.

Yes, these scriptures from Peter are being[Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is (1John 3:2)] fulfilled in us as are ALL scriptures. Remember, 'As He is, so are we in the world' [1 John 4:17]

And no, Ray has not translated the Hebrew & Greek scriptures into English. And rest assured, if he did, he would certainly not look to sell and make a profit from them.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »

Marques.

Thanks For your response I appreciate it. I had just finished reading Ray’s article on  Winning Souls for Jesus?  And something in me clicked. I worried about this or I worried about that but now I feel free from any worrying at all.

If I’m to be a part of the first resurrection there is nothing I could possible do to avoid it. If I’m to be a part of the second resurrection there is noting I could possible do to elude it.

There is no way in heaven or earth I can screw up what I have nothing to do with anyways. It is of God by God and for God.

If I had anything to do with my salvation, and I mean anything at all, then I should be worried. I’m right where God wants me to be, no doubt about it.

I have been plagued with even the littlest things about me, you know sin. I now understand God see’s the last sin I’ll ever commit in this life because God caused me in the first place to sin and God knows when the last cause will come my way.

I’m completely at peace now with God knowing that I should only put my trust in God and not man or anything else.

And also I did not mean that Ray is looking to sell bibles for profit but do not expect anything in this life for free except the love of God which nothing I could ever do could nullified the love of God anyways.

So the truth shall set me free and free am I because today God made me free. I’m on track with God because he owns the whole train. God holds all the cards. God is King of Kings.

It’s amazing what God can do for one human being in one day’s time. At least to me it is but not to God. 

Thanks for your response once again. In His Love. Richard.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:28:26 PM »

Hello Richard,

That's great to hear...not many understand the spiritual truths in your post.

Matt. 10:8  ...freely ye have received, freely give

This is what I meant when I said Ray would not look to sell or profit from the spiritual understanding God has given him. It wasn't meant as a slight to you or anything like that. From reading his teachings in 2 yrs, Ray has never looked to make any money from the spiritual wisdom that has been given to him. And much the same way Christ told his disciples here that they should give freely their gifts (ability to heal the sick, cast out demons) and not look to make a profit.

Thanks,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »

Hi Richard,

I know that Ray refers to the Concordant, Rotherham and Young's translations a lot.  Here is an email about Bible translations. 

http://bible-truths.com/email4.htm ---------

No translation is perfect. They all have flaws. Some are better than others. The King James is an very good translations overall. There are just certain key areas that the miss the mark completely.

If the KJV translated "aion and aions" as "age and ages" or "eon and eons," and if they translated "Hades" [usually translated 'hell'] the "unseen" or "imperceptible," it would then be one of the BEST translations.

The Concordant Literal New Testament is a good translation and CONSISTENTLY translates "Hades" and "aions" properly.

Most Bible students and scholars use anywhere from ten to over a hundred different translations in their studies. I have about thirty-five, and keep adding new ones.

The Concordant Literal New Testament is a translation from the original Greek manuscripts.

Sincerely,

Ray

dewey

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:04:45 PM »

Hi, Richard D

Dewey & Paula here

Just had to put what we believe and how our burden of everyday life became so simple and easy for us - it was like fallin' off a log backwards.  I think you got it, Richard.  All the questions that we see people ask cannot possibly be answered by a flesh and blood human.  People give scriptures to prove what they believe is truth.  Bottom line is it's another parable.  And that's okay.  It keeps people searching for truth.  but no matter what the answer that anyone gives, it's only speculation of what it really means.  If you look at the answer real close you will notice it's another parable.  what makes me think that you're on the right track?  You say "I am at peace now".  I know the feeling.  It would appear by what I can see in your post that you have accepted the only thing that matters - FAITH and GRACE.  there's nothing else we have to go on.  Jesus said.

Once we understand faith and grace, the yoke becomes unburdonsome.  If he wanted us to know the meaning of all this, he would have just straight talked to us.  We believe that we as human beings are not allowed to understand the words of spirit while still living in this life.  All men are to die once and then we'll know.  For better or for worse.  Just my and Paula's opinion.

Goin' out a limb for Jesus - why?  cause that's where the fruit's at.

love y'ans

Dewey & Paula

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 12:56:20 AM »

Dewey & Paula

Thank you for your response to this post. I understand your expression like being on a log and falling off backwards. It hit me like a ton of bricks today and such peace I experience. I felt the love of God.

Today I understood how secure I’m in God and that God really is in control of everything. God had me so occupied with seeing my sins it was killing me. Somehow I thought if only I could receive the right answer from my brothers and sisters I’ll be able to overcome my issues.

In the end God was showing me my need for him and once I really saw that, it happens to me. God was showing me I have no power over myself or my sins. I can not change a single hair on my head white or black or add one second to my life. I can do nothing outside of Christ.

And I would not have it any other way.  :)

In His Love. You’re brother and friend Richard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 16 queries.