bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke.....  (Read 4309 times)

frecklegirl417

Luke.....
« on: September 24, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »

To All My Fellow Brothers and Sisters;

As I read and studied the Gospel of Luke, to study the man Paul called the "Beloved Physician". Luke was well educated, which could be noticed on how he writes.(if you are looking for it) If you compare all the other Gospels to Luke's you can see the Doctor and all his education. In the good Samaritan story you do see how Luke describes how Jesus' used wine for an antiseptic and oil for soothing purposes. I could list all the scriptures in all the accounts of the healing that Jesus did, but that would take up most of thread. I do have these scriptures to show some of the little differences and how Luke the physician describes them differently than the other Gospels.(Mathew 8:14, 8:2 Mark 1:30, 1:40, Luke 5:12 and 4:38)
     The more I read Luke and studied I find that in Luke's accounts compared to the other Gospels that if he was not an eyewitness to any of the accounts he talks about, he talks in the third party. He always used words like: we, they, them...etc.  Luke's accounts also provide abundant evidence that Jesus' was a man of prayer, and relied on his Heavenly Father and that he had no doubt Jesus was the Son of God.
      In all the studying I did on Luke I found that Luke was very humble, self-sacrificing, he also didn't try to throw himself into the limelight. I also found that for Luke's times he could have made a good living being a physician, but decided to serve the glory of God.
      I am not saying that all physician's who claim to be a christian should do what Luke did. The times are different and so are the circumstances. There is some very good doctor's of Faith and have that special touch that feels like they could heal anything. In my opinion those who have this special touch must be called also a Beloved Physician.    If anyone has more for me to learn or to enlighten me, please comment. I thought that  Luke being the one Gospel that does get quoted alot but not really studied or the man being a physician. In all my studying I didn't find too much on the man himself.

With God's Love and Understanding,
                                         Pam

P.S.  OUR "BELOVED"SHOULD BE ONE OF THE DOCTOR'S CALLED A "BELOVED PHYSICAN" ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:37:45 PM by frecklegirl417 »

OBrenda

Re: Luke.....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »

How Very Very Clever of You....Pam

I'm adding my smiles & agreement to your post.
 ;D ;D ;D
Brenda

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »

Pam

Saul who was a Pharisees could of have made a great living as well but also dedicated his life to God. But who can resist God? Yes, Luke could have gained wealth from his profession and Paul could have too. But both did what they were predestined to do because no one can resist the will of God.

Wherefore no one can boast. Just like if anyone of us where in the Garden of Eden we would have sin also just as Adam and Eve did. God is no respecter of persons.

Luke was a great man and so was Paul and you’re a great SISTER.

In His Love. Richard

tinknocker

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 03:57:23 AM »

Hi Pam

Luke was a Gentile. He is also believed to be the author of the Book of Acts. The account of Luke is a finding of facts written to a friend Theophilus
who was thought to be in the Roman government. Not much is known about Theophilus. Luke was confirming as truth what Theophilus had heard about Jesus. His writting style is very detailed as you would hope a physician would be in treating you. :)

Your brother
Tom

frecklegirl417

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »

;D To Brenda, Richard, and Tom,

Thank you for all the insights you posted. It gives me more to study and look at. I started the thread to learn more and to give people something more to study on. Thanks again and it was very much appreciated.

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »

Pam

Just wanted to say your welcome. Have a wonderful day.

Your friend and brother in Christ.Richard. :)

gmik

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 02:03:12 PM »

Enjoyed this topic.  Luke was always a favorite of mine, but I never thought about him choosing not to get rich at "doctoring".  My gr grandfather was a country doctor and was poor as a church mouse! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.