bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hebrews ch. 10 v. 26, I need help  (Read 4346 times)

bill hoskinson

Hebrews ch. 10 v. 26, I need help
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »

Can any one help me understand this verse. This always leaves me in fear. I am guilty of willfull sin to say the least.

Richard D

Re: Hebrews ch. 10 v. 26, I need help
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:06:49 AM »

Hi Bill.

Heb 10:26  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins,

Bill I’m understanding that once we come to a full or certain amount of knowledge of Christ and walk away from Christ we just end up in the second resurrection and will learn righteousness at that time. All will be saved eventually!

But if we walk away it’s because God saw this is the best possible chose for who ever does this thing and is not of that person anyways but is of God.

I’m new in the truth and have been being plagued with seeing my sins even the smallest of them as you will too.

Do not trust in yourself or in man or anything else in this life but rather trust only God and God only and know in your heart God has your best interest in mind.

I see now how God used my sins to bring or draw me to him. Sin shows me my need for God now I see I have a need I also see I have a relationship as a result of my need.

Remember this scripture always.

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Rom 8:39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Bill, you’re completely safe, God made sure of that.  :)

In His Love. Richard.

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 12:11:36 AM »

Bill,

I know that this topic has been addressed before and I know that Ray addresses it perhaps in an email.  I just can't point you to where except to say you could try a search.  The topic was on the forum recently too.

Try this link:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7848.0.html

Eileen
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:13:05 AM by EKnight »

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 12:26:28 AM »

Can any one help me understand this verse. This always leaves me in fear. I am guilty of willfull sin to say the least.

Here's a link to Ray's bible study on 'Can We Lose God's Spirit and Eonian LIfe'

Transcript: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html

Audio: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

In the audio section, it's the study from March 2008. Ray covers this verse in his paper multiple times. Also remember:

1 Peter 1:20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private [it's own] interpretation

1 Corinthians 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing [matching] spiritual things with spiritual

These verses state how no scripture interprets itself and that we are to compare spiritual (God's Word) with spiritual (God's Word). Ray covers this subject in great detail in the above study.

Marques

bill hoskinson

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:03:30 AM »

Thanks for the links mharrall. There is a lot to digest there. Coming from many different protestant and a catholic background searching for the truth, one is left a little confused. That may be an understatement. I haven't acquired the full knowledge only that Jesus is the way. However, I still need directions on how to get there. Thanks for taking time for the new guy. Thanks to everyone who replied.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.