bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: World Religions  (Read 7391 times)

Mickyd

Re: World Religions
« on: May 22, 2006, 11:05:26 AM »

Quote from: Shoeman
So just how many people here have looked at other religions?

Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed ADULTERY with her already in his heart.

Does anybody out there honestly think this is talking about a "physical" woman?

eutychus

World Religions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 04:19:47 PM »

Gal 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump

Mat 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade [them] not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees

eutychus

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 04:24:04 PM »

Quote from: Mickyd

Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed ADULTERY with her already in his heart.

i do :shock:

for there lay the spiritual meaning of the commandment.

sin begins in the heart.

subject matter applies here.

gmik

world religions
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:44:22 PM »

In college I took a world religions class and instantly "quit" being a Christian.  Dang, I was a big-shot freshman who knew everything about anything.  Well, as life goes on, you start to learn a little about life.  After some travel over seas, marriage, kids, etc, Christianity really made the most sense.

My son just got back from 3 years overseas. Estonia, Pakistan, Uganda mostly-with vacation time in Egypt and India. I don't really think these religions are what we read about.  You have to be there, see it, smell it, taste it....Please don't insult any of us by saying we are very similar. Many lies come with small pieces of truth.

Mickyd

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
Quote from: Mickyd

i do :shock:

for there lay the spiritual meaning of the commandment.

sin begins in the heart.

subject matter applies here.

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

This does apply to us as being follwers of Christ.

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Mickyd

Re: world religions
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 11:48:05 PM »

Granted, Hinduism and Christianity bear a good amount of difference. Christians can eat beef after all. But the point is that beyond these petty differences, the same thing is at its core.

Its kind of sad that people only want to see the differences and not the deeper (and more important) similarities.

1tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1tim 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1tim 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

I don't know why God compels me to enter these fruitless discussions.

eutychus

World Religions
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »

greetings,

interesting."world" religion :wink:

religious system is babylon, part of it, mixing truth and lies.
its everywhere NOW.

16:6
Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

1Co 5:6
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

eutychus

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 09:22:04 AM »

[
Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

This does apply to us as being follwers of Christ.

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.[/quote]

yup good scriptures MD.

1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law [is] good, if a man use it lawfully;

and spiritual yes i understand, Christ was preparing them for harder sayings, things they couldnt bare until they recieved the holy Spirit.

Hbr 9:16 For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hbr 9:17 For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

berny

other religions
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 11:59:11 AM »

hi
 in answer to if anyone has looked into other religions, i was brought up catholic,studied with jehovahs witnessess and became a mormon, they all believe in jesus being born, cruxified and resurrected i have always been searching for the truth to be honest i was begining to think i was crazy and would never find the truth, god leads you there eventually reading this site and all your comments really helps.
thanks berny 8)

hillsbororiver

World Religions
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 01:35:56 PM »

Shoeman, your posts will continue to be deleted as long as you have that link in your signature.

Joe

hillsbororiver

World Religions
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:06:10 PM »

The following was cut and pasted from; Hell Part C "The Origin of Eternal Punishment" the link to the entire article is right below.

Egypt is mentioned from Genesis to Revelation--558 times (more than any other nation excepting Israel). This statistic alone should speak volumes to us regarding the importance of Egypt in God’s plan for humankind. It behooves us to learn more about the nation of Egypt, its history, its culture, and its religion. It has everything to do with understanding the many unscriptural doctrines of the Christian Church.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html

Shoeman

World Religions
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 10:06:13 PM »

Thanks for the warning Joe. No really, I appreciate it before deleting my posts.

Actually nobody has refuted my point yet.

Mickyd, Hindus aren't telling you to abstain from all meats. Just beef.

If God gave the world Hinduism and Krishna, ALONG WITH CHRISTIANITY AND JESUS, then following Hinduism would still be having the same Lord. If the same Lord is the source of all world religions, under each and every name given (God, Yahweh, The Great Spirit, Brahma, etc) then following any religion would be following the Lord. I'm not saying that all religions are based on the same ideas (originating from the same Lord) as I could certainly name a few that aren't. But if God created Hinduism, Islam, and others ALONG with Christianity, then following them would still be following God. Its a point you guys don't seem to want to see.

Tell me, were the Pharisees or Sadducees anything near what could be deemed a good Christian? Did they really follow any doctrine that could be definable as Christian?

Once again, look at your similarities. If God created other religions along with Christianity, then following them would still be following God.

Now stop, read that again and think.

Sorin

World Religions
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 10:19:51 PM »

Shoeman,

You're a Satanist, that's your religion, so are you following God?

searching

World Religions
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 12:17:58 AM »

Quote from: Sorin
Shoeman,

Are we not ALL following God Sorin? He is in control right?
Lots of Love
Trish

gmik

world religions
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 12:25:31 AM »

These "great" world religions treat women as chattal.  The lives of humans is counted as cheap. Islam follows a man dedicated to violence and  who died in the arms of his lover. Oh yeah, look at the freedoms their women enjoy. Their idea of paradise?  Sex with lots of women!  Hindus?? Where do I begin?  Poverty, extreme poverty...,but no one helps because they were bad in a previous life so they deserve whatever they have now. Cows roaming around.Babies starving.  The Ganges is so filthy from throwing burnt and half burnt bodies in it. But it is holy so wash in it.  It is ok to throw poison chemicals  on your wife when you tire of her. I just picked up a stone-its my new god, i will make a shrine!

Believe me I could go on!! Shoeman, you act like we are yahoos that havent studied anything but the Bible, with our heads in the sand.  If you wish to compare these barbaric religions to medieval churchianity or ancient judaism, go ahead.  But don't compare them to my Jesus.  Loving your fellow man and the acceptance of women came from Him.

Sorry, I don't believe Jesus is remotely the same as these pagan deities.

PS  The only charitable organizations that help the poor and downtrodden in India are Christian ones- usually scorned.(Mother Theresa was thought a fool).  Since Christian organizations can't be in Islamic countries they just stay sick, impoverished, and ill educated, and full of hate.

Andrew

World Religions
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 03:05:16 AM »

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

How much plainer can he make it?

Joh 10:1  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:7  Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

rvhill

World Religions
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 05:39:24 PM »

Thanks for the warning Joe. No really, I appreciate it before deleting my posts.

Actually nobody has refuted my point yet.

Mickyd, Hindus aren't telling you to abstain from all meats. Just beef.

If God gave the world Hinduism and Krishna, ALONG WITH CHRISTIANITY AND JESUS, then following Hinduism would still be having the same Lord. If the same Lord is the source of all world religions, under each and every name given (God, Yahweh, The Great Spirit, Brahma, etc) then following any religion would be following the Lord. I'm not saying that all religions are based on the same ideas (originating from the same Lord) as I could certainly name a few that aren't. But if God created Hinduism, Islam, and others ALONG with Christianity, then following them would still be following God. Its a point you guys don't seem to want to see.

Tell me, were the Pharisees or Sadducees anything near what could be deemed a good Christian? Did they really follow any doctrine that could be definable as Christian?

Once again, look at your similarities. If God created other religions along with Christianity, then following them would still be following God.

Now stop, read that again and think.

I have studied other religions, and not can compare to the teaching of the new testament. I have read Plato, Confucius, Siddhartha Gautama, Gandhi, Zoroaster, and I have even read bits of both the Koran and some Hadiths. Mohamed is an out and out evil lier. The others are at least seeking the truth, but they are go wrong at some point. The only person on the list I can't say  I have gone beyond is Gandhi. All the rest are less enlightened then I am. In the new testament I can't even say that of Paul. I am still trying to reach Paul level of understanding. Jesus is so far above the rest. If he is not God then there is no God.

Shoeman

World Religions
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 08:57:26 PM »

Quote from: Sorin
Shoeman,

Nope. My religion bears no similaritiy to Christian ideas whatsoever. We accept no savior beyond ourselves and acknowledge no supreme being. Even the Satanists that do view their god as more of a big brother/sister whom they have reverential awe for then a Lord whom they must serve.

Tell me this then about your God. Does he always work in ways that we accept and understand? Will he always give you all the answers in his Bible? Will he write everything in black and white or will he ask you to trust and have faith in him? This isn't a definite. I think the existence of an actual sentinent God-being isn't really that definite. This is just a question of possibilty. Is it possible that God could have had the foresight to deliver his messages through multiple views?

Without a doubt humanity has corrupted it in all forms. People like Pat Robertson are testaments to that. And of course there are the Muslim terrorists who interpret "holy struggle" as "Holy war." But every religion has its morons. You can't take what a religion is by the bad things that happen because of it. Else Christianity would be about things like the Inquisition. The point is to look through these things, these corruptions and misinterpretations, and see the true messages.

I wouldn't be so righteous about women if I were you. Christianity wasn't so different once upon a time. Maybe one day they'll reinterpret Muslim law and women will have elevated status. Its what happened with Christianity after all.

This isn't a request to believe in these other faiths. Keep your Jesus, surely. But maybe people aren't so different as you might think. Maybe the belief systems aren't so different. Maybe its time for a little tolerance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.