bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Judgment Seat of Christ  (Read 4470 times)

Zacman

The Judgment Seat of Christ
« on: May 22, 2006, 06:52:34 AM »

Hey everybody,

I have been pondering the judgment alot lately, and would appreciate some input from you all.

Ro 14:10
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or * * why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2Co 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Now of course orthodoxy teaches this is an event which takes place for believers at some vague time probably after the rapture.

But that is the natural (carnal) mindset we all have, and are particularly susceptable to.

What the problem is, is that judgment is going on now, and has been for those who have experienced Christ in His is was and will be reality for thousands of years.

So, what do you all think of the judgment "seat" of Christ?
Specifically in light of:

1Pe 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Our natural mind is taught by orthodoxy that the end must be worse than the judgment of God's house, or at least different. (as in eternal torment)! But if God's judgment is bringing about Christ in us, why should we conclude it will be any different for the whole world?

What does God tell us?

Isa 26:9
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

I feel empressed by our Lord to embark on an indepth study on His judgment.

Just briefly searching His word I've have already come across some very interesting passages.

I would appreciate any impute you all would like to add, and maybe this could become a collective study for some of us.

Here are some of the passages just for starters.
Isaiah 1
1:9
Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

1:17
Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

Look at this Word of God and how it pertains to the chosen of today's christian community.

1:15
And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

I'll start by letting you all read this chapter of Isaiah, and see if you see what I am seeing.

1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

1:27
Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Talk about a verse to promote a corrective judgment instead of a punitive one!

http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?passage=isa+1&version=str&showtools=0

I found this whole chapter eye opening, but it is just one of many.

Anyone else gave much thought to the difference between the judgment seat of Christ and the judgment the saints will be envolved in?

Zacman

hillsbororiver

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »

Hi Zac, interesting, I have been rereading Lake of Fire Part 3 this past weekend, it deals with this exact subject.

Joe

orion77

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 10:40:24 AM »

Hello Zacman,

(1Ki 3:9)  Give thy servant therefore an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and evil; for who is able to judge this thy great people?

(1Ki 3:10)  And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

(1Ki 3:11)  And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life, neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies, but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern justice;

(1Ki 3:12)  behold, I have done according to thy word: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there hath been none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

(1Ki 3:13)  And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches and honor, so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee, all thy days.

(1Ki 3:14)  And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

(1Ki 3:15)  And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream: and he came to Jerusalem, and stood before the ark of the covenant of Jehovah, and offered up burnt-offerings, and offered peace-offerings, and made a feast to all his servants.

(1Ki 3:16)  Then there came two women that were harlots, unto the king, and stood before him.

(1Ki 3:17)  And the one woman said, Oh, my lord, I and this woman dwell in one house; and I was delivered of a child with her in the house.

(1Ki 3:18)  And it came to pass the third day after I was delivered, that this woman was delivered also; and we were together; there was no stranger with us in the house, save we two in the house.

(1Ki 3:19)  And this woman's child died in the night, because she lay upon it.

(1Ki 3:20)  And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thy handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.

(1Ki 3:21)  And when I rose in the morning to give my child suck, behold, it was dead; but when I had looked at it in the morning, behold, it was not my son, whom I did bear.

(1Ki 3:22)  And the other woman said, Nay; but the living is my son, and the dead is thy son. And this said, No; but the dead is thy son, and the living is my son. Thus they spake before the king.

(1Ki 3:23)  Then said the king, The one saith, This is my son that liveth, and thy son is the dead: and the other saith, Nay; but thy son is the dead, and my son is the living.

(1Ki 3:24)  And the king said, Fetch me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king.

(1Ki 3:25)  And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other.

(1Ki 3:26)  Then spake the woman whose the living child was unto the king, for her heart yearned over her son, and she said, Oh, my lord, give her the living child, and in no wise slay it. But the other said, It shall be neither mine nor thine; divide it.

(1Ki 3:27)  Then the king answered and said, Give her the living child, and in no wise slay it: she is the mother thereof.

(1Ki 3:28)  And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do justice.

Gods judgment is righteous, seeing the intent of the heart, searching after justice.  The hell doctrine totally undermines the righteous judgment of God.  There is no justice in that false belief.  

(Isa 1:25)  and I will turn my hand upon thee, and thoroughly purge away thy dross, and will take away all thy tin;

(Isa 1:26)  and I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called The city of righteousness, a faithful town.

(Isa 1:27)  Zion shall be redeemed with justice, and her converts with righteousness.

I hear ya, that first chapter in Isiah is good.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.