bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my journey here!!  (Read 3114 times)

faith2faith

my journey here!!
« on: September 26, 2008, 06:55:17 AM »

growing up we never went to church, never heard anything or learnt anything about God or jesus, didn't even know
if their was a God, we had a bible in the house but i think it was just an ornament in the cabinet, no one read it, so
nobody knew what was in it, I'm not to sure of this but i think it was in our house to keep out ghost and caspers  :-\

1995 my partner made mention of this preacher guy called kenneth copeland, they'd come on at 5.30am nz time tv2.
i was 26yrs, doing a counselling course, but i won't go into anything deep about that as it was removed last night, so ill
share how i came to have a relationship with God, as i listened to kenneth copeland preach, i was drawn to this God.

I wanted to know more, at the end of his preaching, he asked, if your watching right now, and would like to receive
christ into your life and hearts right now!!  now remember i didn't know what he was talking bout and i couldn't grasp how
this could be done, and he said pray this prayer with me, so i did, as all who have ever prayed a prayer like that, would have
thought well i don't feel any different, because i didn't....!!

I prayed few days after for God to lead me to a church just like that one, i was lead to faith city christian life city manukau
i was only there for 4yrs and from their went to a church called destiny church in 2000, was only their for one year, sencing
something was sooo wrong, i ended up leaving church altogether.

for many of you who have been called out of church, wel' how odd, i was called out of a night club to go to a church in 2006.
but before i could do anything for God their had to be a lil spring cleaning out...cut a long story short, the church he sent me
to was closed last year after being in ministry for 20yrs, being inspired by the Holy Spirit to bring a message to this church
backed up with scriptures; friday message was delivered come sunday was their last service. i was Gods mouth pieace he did
the rest.....i was amazed at what God can do when we obey him and to see him do something as to close a church....was woa!!

I'm here on this forum because make no mistake i was lead here, before i came onto this site to join, i asked God to reveal
his truth to me i said Lord i want the whole truth and nothing but...God sometimes specks to me in my sleep, he said to me
stay in my word, read my word follow my word....when i woke next morning i knew it wasn't for me to follow after anyone
but to stay close to God, through prayer, worship and reading his word......we have the Holy Spirit the Spirit of truth to
teach us......i'm not 100% in agreement with ray's teachings but 89%....if i'm aloud to say that on here...bless his heart i still
love him....!!!

God bless everyone thanks for reading :) 
trish.

gmik

Re: my journey here!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »

Thanks for sharing.

I "followed" Ken Copeland etc for many years.  Its funny, but the Lord uses people and things to lead you to Himself at the time that you need it.  I wouldn't have been ready for Ray :D

Now I see things about Copeland and I think "How could I?"  all that blabbling and grabbing/ name it claim it stuff! Ugh.

Keep reading Rays material!  My favorites are the entire LOF of course, and the Lazarus paper.  Love it!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.