bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Question for Craig  (Read 4162 times)

JeffH

A Question for Craig
« on: September 26, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »

I am sickened by the direction the forum is taking.

Craig,

Is this because it's happening in the General Discussion forum rather than in the Off Topic forum?

Jeff

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: A Question for Craig
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:07:27 PM »

I am saddened when I see all the writings and studies that we have at our disposal and focus on things that have very little if any scriptural basis.  Or we try to add our own spin to what scriptural basis a topic does have. 

I am saddened when posters post questions or observations that have a healthy dose of meat and might help us to learn to overcome, and the post sinks to the bottom like a rock.

I am saddened when we should be learning to die to self and allowing Christ to work in us and instead we seem to be in search of the next "revelation"  Reading the lake of fire series over and over again will give everyone all the revelations they can handle in this life and then some.

I am saddened when questions are asked and scriptural truths are posted and then I read, "well no matter what scripture says I feel this way"

I am saddened when new members come here post a question or make a statement and then they are gone never to be heard from again.

I am saddened that we are like children.  Put a plate of healthy meats, vegetables and milk on the table in front of them and to the side put a can of soda and a cupcake and icecream along with a bag of tasty snacks and they push the healthy food aside for the desserts and snacks.

That all being said, I've been with the forum from the inception and have seen the ebb and flow of discussions and the maturity of members cover all spectrum's.  The forum overall is better now than it has ever been, but we could all look within and do better.

That's it :)

Craig

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »

Amen Craig - I am definitely guilty of some of the things that you listed in your post/reply if not all of them. In my defence I will endeavor to do better in the future. It is sometimes difficult for me to not be political as I tend to be very politically active. I can tone it down though.

God bless you and everyone who reads the forum.

Douglas

JeffH

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »

Craig,

You're right.  We have Scripture along with Ray's papers and that should be enough.  Sadly, sometimes it isn't, and some of us may need to go back and start over again.

You're upset, and while I can't know what you're feeling, I respect you and believe that it's rightly so.  It's my hope and my intent in writing this, that you'll forgive me (that everyone here will forgive me) for my own insensitivity, lack of insight and fumbling questions. 

I can't speak for this discussion board and I don't know anyone here very well, but I find others that seem to be like me.  Sometimes insecure, often mistaken, occasionally disruptive and all too often, excessively curious.  There are times when I have to intentionally remind myself that I don't have to say everything I think, but sometimes I'm reminded when it's too late.

You're right I think, we are babes.  We're similar to Jesus' disciples during the 3 years they walked with Him and learned.  They messed up a lot as they tried to understand what God was showing them and we can learn from that.  There is always going to be room for me to improve, and your rebuke is a call to me to examine the likelihood that I may be veering away from the Truth.  It wouldn't be the first time.

I just wanted you to know that I appreciate that you, as Paul often did, care enough to say what needs to be said.

Humbly and in Christ's love, your brother.
Jeff

D student

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 11:30:03 PM »

Hello Craig,

"I am saddened when I see all the writings and studies that we have at our disposal and we focus on things that have very little if any scriptural basis.  Or we try to add our own spin to what scriptural basis a topic does have."

;D Don´t be sad. If you look close enough and talk to you know who about your sadness, I believe HE WILL show you that it all makes perfect sense.

"I am saddened when posters post questions or observations that have a healthy dose of meat and might help us to learn to overcome, and the post sinks to the bottom like a rock."

I know what you mean and I used to think "what the, what´s going on?"
but it does fit right into play. The MISSION is not an easy one, others will say & do pointless things so that YOU can have the chance to express your patience and understanding with them.

"Im saddened when we should be learning to die to self and allowing Christ to work in us and instead we seem to be in search of the next "revelation"  Reading the lake of fire series over and over again will give everyone all the revelations they can handle in this life and then some."

That too, is no shock. Now that it´s almost 2009, who on earth stays in absolute amazement for long? The craziest, most incredible and at times seemingly imposible things occur almost daily. New brain cells are being filled up with knowledge but most will want more & more & MORE!
Even when it´s obvious that they´re not ready.

By the way, the Lake of fire papers plus the rest of the material posted are wonderful tools for us to use while studying the scriptures. But I know believe some are given the sight to see certain papers/scriptures in certain ways. But I truely believe that some, after seeing and understanding the truth in the writers intention, may also be shown much more or even different pieces of knowledge being passed on to us. And by now we should all know that some people will not get it even after reading over and over.

"Iam saddened when questions are asked and scriptural truths are posted and then I read, "well no matter what scripture says I feel this way"

Wow! you´re going to be sad for a while. ;D
I Think that´s just another part of OUR FATHERS plan. I´m sure many members here have said those very words themselves. I know I did! ;D

"Iam saddened when new members come here post a question or make a statement and then they are gone never to be heard from again."

Once again, I was sad when that happened as well, but I took time to look deep enough into the minor details and it later became as clear as day.

It remided me of the VERY FEW that went to each church I did and had that feeling of confusion and difficulty fitting in. Church leaders, helpers and members are pros at breaking down those who ask "why?" too much or anyone who won´t go with the flow quietly.

"Iam saddened that we are like children.  Put a plate of healthy meats, vegetables and milk on the table in front of them and to the side put a can of soda and a cupcake and icecream along with a bag of tasty snacks and they push the healthy food aside for the desserts and snacks."

Not sure what that represents,but if has to do with the sections that I never bother looking at, I agree with you.

"   all being said, I've been with the forum from the inception and have seen the ebb and flow of discussions and the maturity of members cover all spectrum's.  The forum overall is better now than it has ever been, but we could all look within and do better."

I agree. I see big changes in many here, you included. But I believe so very much that what´s going on is the GREATEST THING POSSIBLE!!!  ;D

- D Student

P.S. is Ray as sad as you are? (serious question)

JeffH, your last post is the voice of many. You, I and the MANY others trying to get closer and closer, but are told that we´re focusing on the wrong things or asking the wrong questions.

But, doesn´t that make sense too? To me it does. Finally! <---

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:38:21 PM by D student »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.