bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is Ray's website  (Read 4206 times)

Longhorn

This is Ray's website
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:02:35 AM »

Im as guilty as anyone, but I wish we could keep all of the questions - post - new topics on only the things that pertain to Ray's materials.  The mods give us alot of leeway.  I for one would like to see every post started by the words Ray say's in his article........  We have been blessed with an infinet wealth of wisdom with all these teachings.  Again, I have posted many times on things that has nonthing to do with Ray's teachings, and all that does is waist space.

There are many jewels in his articles, let's start digging them out and stop worrying about have we offended someome because we have asked a question about an off topic subject.  Again, Im as guilty as anyone, I would just like to see more topics on Ray's teachings.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Beloved

Re: This is Ray's website
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 12:07:52 AM »

Amen

beloved

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »

Just want to touch on a couple of points.

It's true that there are people here with different levels of understanding.  That's natural, and I fit in the continuum just as everybody else does.  There is nothing wrong with questions, but I'm always happiest when people are directed to articles, bible studies or whatever from the materials at BT...Ray's stuff, in other words.  Some are good at locating these materials.  Kat is legendary.   ;D  Some of us read Ray's teaching regularly and can on occasions recall an email, article, or bible-study to share.  Then the forum stands ready to explain what might not be understood, to share what we are learning in our own walk concerning the question, and to share scripture. 

It's not that other things can't or shouldn't be shared, but this is a forum for those of like mind and not a religious smorgasbord with 50 different pulpits.

Of course, all that refers to topics started with questions, and that's what the Forum Header reads:  Post your questions to the membership.  Let's all learn from the answers.

That's all.     

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:11:22 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 01:57:26 PM »

If we are family here and all in need of fellowship, then the off topic/testimony board should be ok to be silly or getting to know one another.

Oldies(olbies?) shouldn't get tired of newbies questions or enthusiasm, and shouldn't just meanly say "we have answered this a hundred times" or "go back and read Ray." A little patience is OK too. Being rude is totally unacceptable, I think among Christians. Just remember when we "stumbled" onto Ray's site and how we felt!!!

I do love it when Kat or someone else posts snippets of Ray's writings to answer a question.  A snippet from Ray is worth more than a years worth of Sunday preaching!!!

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »

My amen was acknowlegement of discussing the teachings of Ray.

I certainly have no objections to newbies questions, the problem that I see is that sometimes it is obvious that the newbies has not read Ray's material.

This then leads to a volley of questions, that can usually be answered simply. The problem is that they often do not generate much deep discussion. This forum generates a lot of information and for many people thei time on line is limited. 

We all need to be cognizant of the variety of people (those just leaving milk diet and those who want to gobble meat) that post on the forum. Also note that people also should not get hurt feelings if their questions do not generate much response. On the other side a few need to learn more patience and not get upset with people who may not understand things in depth. You are right Gina we need to all play nice.

beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.