bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dying daily  (Read 4277 times)

D student

Dying daily
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:26:12 AM »

Who´s trying this "dead to the world" task?

I believe it´s safe to say that suffering, starving, bleeding, and crying so loud it´s considered screaming, are just reminders that you´re walking on the right track or getting beat to a pulp on the correct path.

I hope and pray that each of you learn to accept and learn to deal with hardships that our Father puts in our ways and may be given something greater each time. But of course, I pray that HIS WILL be done, not my selfish wants.

D Student

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:19:51 PM by D student »

firefly77

Re: Dying daily
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:20:56 AM »

The dying daily is a hard subject; it is part and parcel of a close walk with God. I have heard very few sermons on this topic, if any. God is in charge, you don't really have a choice in the matter... he makes you die daily, and it is not the most pleasant thing I have ever done in my whole life; the flesh doesn't want to cooperate at times... Thoughts like, but what about Me,... I deserve this and that and the other thing. And then there are the times when I feel like the "Me, Myself, and I" are really starting to fade away... I know there is a transformation going on in the way I think and do things. It is interesting to observe oneself in the process  :o

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:15:26 AM »

Hi D Student

Thank you for sharing your testimony.  I agree that the path is VERY difficult and quite impossible unless HE MAKES us to stand and to endure and experience its hardship without despising Him for it. I have been broken down to the level of direct experience of my ways not being Gods ways where I see that my thoughts are not Gods thoughts.  God has shown me my good for nothingness and blessed me by giving me the experience of contact with direct contrast to Him. It has been like putting a finger into a billion watt electric mega power line. It really hurts.  I think that the way God is dealing with me is to make me understand this Scripture and to revere only HIM. It is not a quick fix once off experience either but it is a process.

Mat 10 28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear HIM which is able to destroy both soul and body....

I am slowly being brought to the understanding by God that my life DEPENDS on HIS Mercy, Goodness and Pity. I find comfort that God does not desire that I or anyone else should perish but that I should repent.  I think this is God's  purpose of the pain. Who is going to repent who is having a good time in life and living?

You observe quote,

I believe it´s safe to say that suffering, starving, bleeding, and crying so loud it´s considered screaming, are just reminders that you´re walking on the right track or getting beat to a pulp on the correct path.
To match up with what you say here is an excerpt from 

Hell Part E at  http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm

In today's world of Christendom, it is hardly admitted that the life of a Believer is to be one of tribulations and trials, pain and suffering, sorrow and death. It is rather taught that Believers are to be healthy, wealthy, worldly, and wise. After all, who wants to live a life of "dying?" If the Christian life of overcoming is such a great life, why not live it FOREVER? No, our goal is to GET OUT OF THIS LIFE…….

Like it or not, here is our lot in life as Believers:
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider Him that endured such contradiction [strife, disobedience] of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him: For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives. If ye endure CHASTENING, God deals with you as with SONS ; for what son is he whom the father chastens not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not SONS" (Heb. 12:1-8).
We are on a road that leads to son-ship. We are to be THE SONS OF THE LIVING GOD (Yah I know, it's a little over my head too). See: John 1:12, Rom. 8:14, Rom. 8:19, Phil. 2:15, I John 3:1 & 2. Do we think that such a task can be accomplished with little or no effort? If we are not on the road to son-ship, then we are spiritual ********! I for one don't desire to be a spiritual *******. One cannot be a "Son" and be drunk on worldly materialism, filled with pride and vanity, consumed with self-aggrandizement, and hell-bent on personal "free will," and presume to be on the road to son-ship.
The heat, pressure, and fire, that God afflicts upon His called and chosen Elect to produce the godly character befitting sons of God, the Church calls curses of the Devil. Even as you sit and read the words of this Installment on hell, God is bringing spiritual heat, pressure, and fire into your life. You can either reject it by bringing out your Christian fire extinguisher, or you can let God's Consuming Fire burn out the resistance and animosity toward His correcting Word. You can either live to self and die to God, or you can die to self and live to God. If God is dealing with you, it is a painful experience that will liberate and set free your very soul, spirit, and mind.
Let's rehearse these words of encouragement again:
"...let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Notice that Jesus endured the cross, and all that went with it, "...for the joy that was set before Him..." There is a purpose for what we do and for what God is doing through us. There is a great goal set before us. There is great joy NOW, but only because what is "set before us."

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:40:14 AM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 03:43:05 AM »

Please note that the edit to Rays excerpt and scripture quoted in my post is not done by me to cancel the word ******* out of the text..

gmik

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »

Great discussion!!

I am thinking of the trial Ray is going thru. Now, think of that last 24 minutes of the video at the conference.  God, in order to produce wisdom, had to travail in pain. I think Ray is going to "produce" his best writing while in travail. (Not that I would wish that on anybody, and we all pray for Ray's complete healing.) Our hardships can produce awesome fruit!!

I know I cannot understand the whys and wherefores of everyones travailing here on the forum, but God's word is true, and w/ His will there comes a purpose.

I am not at all sure that I made any sense here, but this thread has got me thinking. That excerpt from Ray was a good reminder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.