bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgiveness  (Read 4687 times)

youthfortruth

Forgiveness
« on: September 27, 2008, 11:21:47 AM »

One of the scriptures in the book of John has resonated with me for some time. Spoken directly from Jesus himself when asked by Peter about forgiving others, the scripture reads:

"Peter came up to the Lord and asked, "How many times should I forgive someone who does something wrong to me? Is seven times enough?"

Jesus answered:

"Not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!"

(Matthew 18:21-22)

In today's world, this idea seems radical for many people. And with respect, We often hear the saying:

"Ya gotta give respect to get it"

I would tend to disagree. In my opinion, respecting others in required. We may disagree with people's views or behaviors about a certain thing, but I think we should show respect regardless. It seems as though we respect others on the basis of unique talents or views that coincide with our views. But I feel that when one respects someone for who they are, and not rush to negative judgements when seeing how wrong they think or act, may open a door of hope and understanding for that individual. I'm not by any means trying to justify wrongdoing, for God has a plan for all. Some learn quicker then others, some have their cards better dealt, yet in the end God will make everyone and everything right.

Samson

Re: Forgiveness
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:43:53 AM »

Thankyou for that upbuilding and uplifting Thread you started, perhaps your not so young afterall. It's funny, isn't it, When we seek forgiveness from others, we readily expect it, but when others ask for it from us, are we as eager to extend it. Just some food for thought.

Kind Regards, Samson.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:09:18 PM »

Good words.  Goes along w/ not judging others.

Last nite, our busboy at a restaurant had his pants hanging below his rear and we saw his underwear--immediately an impression jumped in my mind and I was critical and judging (to myself mind you).  As you say, the cards that are dealt you, I realized he was a young kid and so I was very polite and smiling as he cleared my table (that in itself is humbling to him I'm sure).  But the battle was in my head w/ the beast not to judge him in the first place.  I hope I showed him respect.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »

;D Thanks for starting this post! I think it is harder for us to forgive someone who hurts us, then realizing it was harder for the person asking for forgiveness. All it takes is me, myself and I to be the bigger person and give forgiveness. The next step goes with what Gena said keep the judging in my head and try and accept the cause behind the wrong and not judge the wrong. I think in IMO it takes a bigger person to say I am sorry then to walk away and not give forgiveness.

With God's Love and Understanding,
                                                             Pam

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:22:59 AM by frecklegirl417 »

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 08:15:27 PM »

It’s wonderful the things God teaches us all. I often wondered how our Biblical brothers could ask God while being stone to death not to charge this to their account.

God truly is love and teaches us to love. I was just thinking how close love and forgiveness are to each other as if they are family.

In His Truths. Richard. 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 08:37:31 PM »

;D Thanks for starting this post! I think it is harder for us to forgive someone who hurts us, then realizing it was harder for the person asking for forgiveness. All it takes is me, myself and to be the bigger person and give forgiveness. The next step goes with what Gena said keep the judging in my head and try and accept the cause behind the wrong and not judge the wrong. I think in IMO it takes a bigger person to say I am sorry then to walk away and not give forgiveness.

With God's Love and Understanding,
                                                             Pam

God gives us pain as an opportunity to grow. The pain receiver ends up the better person for the trial.

Ecc 1:13 (CLV) I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Dennis
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:42:54 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.