bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The old testament and resurrection  (Read 3826 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
The old testament and resurrection
« on: September 27, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »

Was reading Ecclesiates this morning at Akira's encouragement and one thing struck me.  Seems to me the worst end the writer gave for man was death.  I did a quick search of 'resurrection' in the OT and came up empty, though it does seem like the worst fate the OT writers put on man was 'death', from Genesis on.

When Paul was before the council in Acts 24, he spoke about the Pharisees having hope of resurrection.

v.15  ...having hope toward God, which they themselves also wait for, that there is about to be a rising again of the dead, both of righteous and unrighteous;...

Am I misunderstanding this?   

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Beloved

Re: The old testament and resurrection
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »

No you seemed to have hit the nail on the head...

hence Hebrews where Paul expounds on "Faith of those in the OT"...they lived with that hope and acted on it. They believed God to keep His Word......

All the rest lacked faith....they lived carnal lives...so death would be the worse fate to them. All head knowledge and no heart knowledge.

beloved

AK4

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »

Hi Dave,

In the OT it doesnt directly say resurrection but there many verses that says God will bring man back to life

like Dan 12:2

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 03:29:53 PM »

Job 14:14  If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

The Pharisees and Scribes did not come into being until Erza brought them back from Babylon and many did not understand hebrew writing. The Pharisees then formulated and wrote down the interprestations.  The sadducees did not buy it and were carnal, The Essenes did believe in ressurrection and took the Word farther and separated themselves from both groups.

beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.