bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bridge  (Read 4343 times)

youthfortruth

The Bridge
« on: September 28, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »

Hello everyone,

I've always enjoyed documentaries about all sorts of things. Weather it be about the origin of soap or the meaning of life, they tend to be very addicting. Yesterday though, I tried viewing one but soon had to turn it off. Not because of the content, not because it was boring, but because It was a film I could almost relate to

The film was entitled: "The Bridge". In it, the director goes into great detail showing how Golden Gate Bridge suicides effect those who've lost loved ones. As well as showing actual footage of people jumping to their deaths. Not to entertain, but sympathize.

After watching maybe 30 minutes of it, I had to turn it off. My mind was rattled and I couldn't talk. I nearly broke down in tears. Not because it was something I once considered doing, but the fact that those people might have been helped. It takes a lot to phase me in a movie, but when seeing footage of people taking their own lives I cannot help but be sad.

Life is is a precious thing. I've quickly realized that obstacles are a part of life, but when you go to that extreme in giving  up your just passing more problems and grief onto someone else. God is on your side, God will make it happen, God has a plan for us all.

"Don't tell God how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is"

-Andrew

Douglas Wayne Thomas

Re: The Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »

Andrew - I believe events like this have always caused me to believe that mankind has no "Free Will".

And when I started reading at the Bible-truths.com website I was reassured that my feelings were correct.

In Ray's Lake of Fire series we read:

THE LAKE OF FIRE-Installment XV - Part D,The Myth of Free-Will Exposed. EVERYTHING HAS A PRECISE APPOINTED TIME

God Almighty is responsible for everything and He brings about everything only at its precise "APPOINTED SEASON AND TIME." Let's read it:

"To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecc. 3:1).

The implications of this verse are staggering. The very foundation of human psychology and theology crumbles under the weight of this declaration of God's Word. This is undoubtedly one of the ten most profound Scriptures in the entire Bible.

If we are to be honest and believe this verse, then we must concede that absolutely NOTHING is left out God's profound declaration except Man's anti-scriptural theory of "free will".

Andrew if you haven't read this part of the Lake of Fire series you probably should and even if you have; you owe it to yourself to re-read it again. It will bring some comfort to you, in my opinion.

Seeking to do God's will always,

Douglas

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:28:45 PM »

As I have been waiting for my mom to pass on, I am constantly reminded of Ecc. 3:1.  The exact days have to be played out.  No matter what drs/nurses/sisters whomever say.....she is not gonna go till its time.  I took the entire week off bcz they have said "only 1 more day".  So now I am home and will go to work until I get THE call.  Now, I haven't said any of this to my family.  Most are not believers so they say silly things like "well, she is going to a better place".  They haven't a clue.  I am so peaceful bcz until I came to Ray's site I thought she would be going to hell. Now I know the truth and she will just be dead(asleep) until the GWT judgement.

Andrew I don't "get" some of these things either. But God is Sovereign and we know suicide victims don't go to everlasting punishment. WE cannot and shouldn't try to "save the world".  Tame the beast inside, and be the best Bible to anyone the Lord leads to you.  But bless your soft heart!!!

Douglas, glad you got the avatar on.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 10:49:59 PM »

As I have been waiting for my mom to pass on, I am constantly reminded of Ecc. 3:1.  The exact days have to be played out.  No matter what drs/nurses/sisters whomever say.....she is not gonna go till its time. 

Hi Gina,

I not only sympathize with you, I also empathize with what you are going through.  I am the "responsible person" for a 90 year old aunt who is in a nursing home and I have experienced what I refer to as being on the "death watch."  It is a strange reality of waiting for the impending death of a love one.  I often am reminded of the  truth that only God knows the appointed time of death for any of us, and that in reality,  I could actually die before this aunt.  It is a humbling and sobering thought.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers for strength and comfort during this difficult time.  Even though we, who  understand the truth of the state of the dead, may not grieve as those who do not know this truth, it still is a painful experience to lose a love one in this life.

My His peace and mercy be with you,

René

gmik

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »

Thank you Rene' :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.