bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twelve truths.  (Read 6776 times)

Richard D

Twelve truths.
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »

Twelve truths.

I had just finishes reading the wittings on Ray’s (twelve truths to understanding his word) I need to go over this a few more times. This is priceless information no doubt.

Has anyone read these twelve truths and then discovered themselves putting scriptures together seeing two or more witness? I jumped right into the bible to unlock the mysteries that have mystified me all my life to get the true meaning.

I have to admit although it didn’t workout the way I thought it would. So I’m going back to the drawing board again. I know Ray said God has to open our eyes on this also but this is none the less great insight just the same.

I was wondering if someone has already been doing this and if you could help me to understand as to accomplish this undertaking I have set my heart on.

I should like to thank any and all in advance for any help I receive.

You’re friend and brother in our Lord Jesus. Richard.

David

Re: Twelve truths.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »

Hi Richard. Rays paper on twelve truths is a great edification to anyone who reads it and applies it.
Sometimes the second or third witness to a scripture is at first seemingly unrelated, and then it will one day jump right off the page at you, in the time that God appoints for you to see it. Be patient, wait on the Lord, be diligent, read 2 Tim 2:15 and apply it daily. Use the tools that God has provided through technology and publishing such as e sword, a good center column reference Bible, a Strong's concordance. These things alone will not unseal the scriptures for you, but if God is working with you they make study a whole lot easier.
YBIC
David

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:00:57 PM »

I've held on to this for many years:

7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE - L. Ray Smith

"Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural (physical); and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 15:45)

"Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for OUR ADMONITION (to reprove, caution, warn, remind of obligation or duty) upon whom the ends of the world are come" (1 Cor. 10:11)

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of an private interpretation (Gk: 'is becoming it's OWN explanation')" (2 Pet. 1:20)

"The words that I speak unto you, they ARE SPIRIT, and they are life" (John 6:63)

"In the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES shall every word be established" (2 Cor. 13:1 & Rev.11:3)

"...comparing (or: 'matching') SPIRITUAL things with SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 2:13)

"Thou art righteous, O Lord, which ARE and WAS and SHALL BE" (Rev. 16:5, also Rev. 4:8 & 11:17)

AK4

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:38:12 PM »

Twelve truths.

I had just finishes reading the wittings on Ray’s (twelve truths to understanding his word) I need to go over this a few more times. This is priceless information no doubt.

Has anyone read these twelve truths and then discovered themselves putting scriptures together seeing two or more witness? I jumped right into the bible to unlock the mysteries that have mystified me all my life to get the true meaning.

I have to admit although it didn’t workout the way I thought it would. So I’m going back to the drawing board again. I know Ray said God has to open our eyes on this also but this is none the less great insight just the same.

I was wondering if someone has already been doing this and if you could help me to understand as to accomplish this undertaking I have set my heart on.

I should like to thank any and all in advance for any help I receive.

You’re friend and brother in our Lord Jesus. Richard.

The twelve truths paper and foundational truths paper go hand and hand.  Read foundational truths on this forum.  Youll love it.

Anthony

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 08:40:19 PM »

Dave.

Thank you Dave for responding to my post. I’m thinking now I should pick a subject then try to find all the scripture pertaining to that subject and go from there. And pray God gives me the increase of knowledge.  :)

Thanks Dennis.

I appreciate you’re response to my post. I remember reading those seven on ray’s paper. I am excited about this teaching. To me its like buying the whole field and digging up all the treasure that is bury.

I can’t say enough about this. I wish it had been the first thing I read no second it’s hard to learn when one thinks of hell. Glad I read that one first. Lol You know what I mean.  :)

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:50:59 PM »

Anthony

Thanks Anthony you say the foundational truths go hand in hand. I’ll read that after no doubt. This is incredible stuff to me each day I’m more aware of the wealth of information at my disposal.

A few months ago I would have not thought this possible, you know, all this truth that is settling in me becoming a part of my thought process. Everyday becoming apparent between the working of Christendom and the difference truths brings.

Thanks once again Richard. 

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 09:50:24 PM »

Hi Richard

Be patient, I find that when read or study the scriptures that I don't generally see all that much.
I tend to be given revelations out of the blue here and there.

For example, I'll be just doing something completely unrelated and then I'll just start thinking about a particular subject and boom! all the pieces just fall into place with practically no effort, and that's when I know I being given something rather than using my "wisdom" to work things out.

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »

I should add, that it does seem to be a lot like connecting the dots and a revelation doesn't have to come from a biblical source, it can also come when you're reading something about history, nature or anything like that, eg.

I was reading something about the hanging gardens of Babylon on the net and they mentioned how that Babylon was actually built out of mud bricks because there is precious it in the way of rock and stone on the plains of Mesopotamia and bingo a revelation!

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 10:17:24 PM »

Ohhh....I get it.

Babylon not built with "rocks"....foundation sand mud......Cool  8)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 10:29:51 PM »

I can't add anything to the above in answer to your question.

But if I was talking to somebody fairly new to the Bible, I'd suggest they just sit down and read it--cover to cover, as they say--first.  Get an easy to read translation so you don't have to wade through dense King James English unless you like to.  Get a sense of what's in there--the flow of the narrative, so to speak.  It's all one story.

If you get bogged down in, say Numbers or Dueteronomy, scan it.  Just get a sense of what the content is and move on.  Take note of stuff you never heard in church, but don't struggle too much to understand it.  That comes later.  

You'll start to see some parallels and spiritual matches, you'll be inspired, and you'll be disturbed.  But at least you'll have a good overview of the surface of scripture.

I first read the NT (sans Revelation) over a 3 day school holiday, reading intensely like it was a novel.  The OT took longer, because I didn't have such a holiday to hunker down in it.  Others may not like this approach, but it served me pretty well in the early days.

Some other thoughts that have served me well, through much judgement.

1.  Internalize, don't externalize.  That is to say, learn for the sake of learning not for the sake of teaching.

2.  See it as what it is...the Word of God.  While you are judging  it, He is judging you too.

3.  Understand that it's much more important what He has to say to you than for your questions to be answered.  The Bible is not a vending machine.  I think of the people who crowded Christ in His earthly ministry seeking healing.  The scripture says 'He healed them all'.  And He did...but how many followed Him afterwards?  Not many.

4.  Don't build doctrines around what you think the Scripture is saying.  That's what the churches do.  

"Brother Boney, would you read today's scripture from I Corinthians 13:1?" sez Pastor Paunchy

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."

"Thank you, Brother Boney.  I believe we can clearly see two things from this passage.  The first is that God wants us to speak in tongues.  If He didn't, He wouldn't have told us to right there."

"The second thing is, that God doesn't want us to have no sounding brass or tinkling cymbals.  God told me that I am supposed to fire half our rythm section today, so Sister Brassy and Brother Tinkly, get down off the stage or be in danger of Hellfire."

And the people said, "Amen."

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:55:58 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

David

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »

Amen Dave on the easy to read translation.
The KJV can be a bit daunting, unless of course you've studdied Shakespear for a few years........lol
I use the NKJV. Its in 20th century English, corrects some of the translation errors in the KJ such as "ages" in many places instead of eternal or world. But it still retains the poetic flow of the KJ. The NKJ also has a lot of alternate readings in the center columns such as Gehenna and Hades where Hell is used. It italics in caps all references from the OT in the NT. This often helps in connecting scriptures.

Richard D

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »

Martinez.

Thank you for responding to my post. I appreciate the advice you have given me and also the last response got me thinking as you mention reading about the hanging gardens of Babylon and then you received a revelation.

I do get revelations when I’m doing something contrary to studying the word of God or even when not viewing the forum but maybe at a store and something may happen and then I get this understanding about something I might not have ponder at all before.

But I do know it’s the Lord who is giving me this understanding. You know it’s difficult to explain it, I guess one has to experience it to understand it.

But I’m not sure if this is likewise with scripture although I do remember Ray said something about being stuck on a scripture and while at a restaurant having dinner the revelation hit him while not dwelling on it.

Thanks again for you’re response and help. You’re friend and brother in the Lord.     

Richard.

Martinez

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 10:49:28 PM »

The good thing about the KJV (not ye olde) is that apparently it's very poetic and has sort of rhythm to it which makes it easier to get a handle on.

Heidi

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:02 PM »

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."

"Thank you, Brother Boney.  I believe we can clearly see two things from this passage.  The first is that God wants us to speak in tongues.  If He didn't, He wouldn't have told us to right there."

"The second thing is, that God doesn't want us to have no sounding brass or tinkling cymbals.  God told me that I am supposed to fire half our rythm section today, so Sister Brassy and Brother Tinkly, get down off the stage or be in danger of Hellfire."

;D :o That is soooooo funy, it is EXACTLY how the scripture has been interpreted.  MAN, I am humbled that God has opened up my eyes......I used to believe the above crap and eat it up every Sunday as well.

Heidi

WhoAmI

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 03:55:29 AM »

"Thank you, Brother Boney.  I believe we can clearly see two things from this passage.  The first is that God wants us to speak in tongues.  If He didn't, He wouldn't have told us to right there."

"The second thing is, that God doesn't want us to have no sounding brass or tinkling cymbals.  God told me that I am supposed to fire half our rythm section today, so Sister Brassy and Brother Tinkly, get down off the stage or be in danger of Hellfire."

;D :o That is soooooo funy, it is EXACTLY how the scripture has been interpreted.  MAN, I am humbled that God has opened up my eyes......I used to believe the above crap and eat it up every Sunday as well.

Heidi

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.