bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Healing Hankies  (Read 12417 times)

Becky

Re: healing hankies
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 10:46:49 AM »

Quote from: rocky
Yellowstone

The only reason we do not have people doing true healing now a days is simply, because no one living now has the same level of faith that the people living in the time of Jesus did. they did see and walk with him.

Heb 11:1  Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.[/quote]

in one of mikes videos he mentions how we are better off tofay in faith because we believe and have not seen. (just thought i'd add :))

YellowStone

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 11:00:33 AM »

Yellowstone

The only reason we do not have people doing true healing now a days is simply, because no one living now has the same level of faith that the people living in the time of Jesus did. they did see and walk with him.

Heb 11:1  Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.

Hey Rocky, I think the only reason is that it is not God's plan for our development. Your scripture quote is perfect :)  And like it or not, I for one am such a imature child when it comes to the assurance of things hoped for.

Jesus speaks well of faith in the following:

Mat 17:20
    And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.[/list:u]

My hope is that God will open my eyes and ears that I will see and understand in time. Perhaps this may never occur, but surely this is his will and not mine.

If the faith of one could move a mountain, have you ever considered the scope of power that a group of people, within a city, country or the enitre people of the Earth could achieve? And to think that this power would be as nothing when compared to that of our Father.

Boggles the mind I think.

Yellowstone

rocky

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 11:15:28 AM »

Quote from: YellowStone

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.[/list:u]

Yellowstone

Any mountain that faith moves that you can think of???  For me, Mount Sinai (law), a huge mountain; is moved with faith as small as a mustard seed.  Christ in you by faith is and has moved this mountain  .

Steve Crook

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:27 AM »

Quote from: YellowStone

Yellowstone

Any mountain that faith moves that you can think of???  For me, Mount Sinai (law), a huge mountain; is moved with faith as small as a mustard seed.  Christ in you by faith is and has moved this mountain  .

I always liked the "mustard seed" because to me, dying, growing into a HUGE tree, and then bearing fruit is all a spiritual lesson for me. So, having the faith that dying, the growth, and fruit from the growth, are all going to happen...if I fall to the ground and die first. Now, to me, that's faith. Anyhow, just some thoughts.

God Bless

jennifer

Healing Hankies
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 08:08:20 PM »

Hi knuckle and gmik,
I was offering my comments in the context of Ray's paper on understanding god-given truths.  Using Ray's overview of comparing spiritual things with spiritual with the end result of finding a spiritual match by two witnesses in the Bible was where I was coming from.  Like all of us here at Bible-Truths  trying to be restored to a common mind and purpose, I am looking for your help in adding to my spiritual knowledge.   My question would be how you arrived at your conclusion--was it through an allegory, or something similar expressed somewhere else in the Bible?
My concern is that if we don't compare spiritual with spiritual how do we avoid the heresy we see in the "world church"?
Anyways, I ask that you have forbearance with me and help me to see beyond this question:  If the gentiles could confuse the message with the messenger (who was Paul), then what would prevent this from happening also to "those to whom the cloths were carried to"?  Wouldn't they also have been perceived as "Gods" by the Gentiles?  Isn't this exactly how the TBN and those kind of charletans deceive and prey on human suffering by merchandising God?  I don't know, but can't help but think that Ray doesn't use prayer hankies.  
Again, the prophecies which fail, tongues which cease, and knowledge which vanishes all certainly have application to those of apostate Christianity.  We all have experienced the drought of spiritual knowledge and prophecy in Babylon, that is why we are here drinking the spiritual waters of life.  
Any help you can give me is appreciated.
Grace be with you.

gmik

healing hankies
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 08:13:45 PM »

Good thoughts Jennifer.  Thanks.

shibboleth

Healing Hankies
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 12:24:20 AM »

I am still looking for the spiritual application of Acts 19. As the scripture saysin 2 Cor.13:1 In the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses shall every word be established. So where is the second witness for this verse? I can't find it and my search in the OT and NT has been fruitless so far. I will keep searching and thank everyone for your comments so far. Maybe I will ask Mike or Ray.

jennifer

special miracles
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 08:27:42 PM »

Sorry shibboleth, I took a left turn looking for some answers myself.

Anyways, we know that miracles not only heal physically, but always in a spiritual way, turning persons to true worship.  Acts 19:11 informs us that God was behind these extraordinary miracles.  I would say the second witness would be Rev. 21:3-4 - especially verse 4: "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  There will no longer be any death; and there will no longer be any mourning, crying or pain; because the old order has passed away."
Grace be with you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.