bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subject to Vanity  (Read 6050 times)

galatians22067

Subject to Vanity
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »

Who is the him in this verse God or Adam?

Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

If its God. What can be said to show someone its not Adam?

Thanks,
Matt

AK4

Re: Subject to Vanity
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:48:51 PM »

I believe its talking about mankind.

musicman

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:59:33 PM »

The him should be Him.  The creature is the human.

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:05:42 PM »

Hi Matt,

This is the YLT  of that verse and i am sure if you check other translations it will have a capital H

(Rom 8:20)  for to vanity was the creation made subject--not of its will, but because of Him who did subject it --in hope,

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Brett

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »

Hi,

In Romans chapter 8 did not talking about Adam, it is main about God and Jesus Christ. "Creature" or creation is who God made whole creation and "not willingly" is about mankind. "him" is God. Here is verse that should simple understand:

Jer 18:4 
And the vessel that he made of clay was MARRED in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good ["in hop" as Rom. 8:20] to the potter to make it.
Jer 18:5 
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Jer 18:6 
O house of Israel, cannot I [God] do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand [God's hand], so are ye in mine [God] hand, O house of Israel.

Easy. :)

Brett
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 01:21:31 PM by Brett »

chuckt

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »

Who is the him in this verse God or Adam?

Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

If its God. What can be said to show someone its not Adam?

Thanks,
Matt

but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope!

because it cant be adam whom subjected the same in HOPE.

god bless matt.

chuckt

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »

Matt,

Ray has written about this in part 12 of his Lake Of Fire Series

THE WORLD IS GROANING FOR IT KNOWS NOT WHAT

"For the earnest expectation of the creation waits FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SONS OF GOD" (Rom. 8:19).

Notice this verse in a few other translations:

"For the EAGER outlook of creation ARDENTLY awaits the revealing of the Sons of God" (The Emphasized New Testament).

"For the LONGING of the creation LOOKS EAGERLY for the time when [the glory of] the sons of God shall be revealed" (The Epistles of Paul by Conybeare).

"All creation is YEARNING, LONGING to see the manifestation of the sons of God" (The New Testament in Modern Speech).

Or the creation waits with EAGER LONGING for the revealing of the sons of God" (The Revised Standard Version).

"THE WHOLE WORLD IS ON TIPTOE to see the wonderful sight of the sons of God coming into their own" (Phillips’ Translation).

To be sure, it is GOD Who is telling us that the whole creation is groaning in earnest expectation. It is groaning for it knows not what, but GOD KNOWS! In other words, God is telling US, who are growing in spiritual truths, what it is that the whole world and indeed the whole creation is in desperate need of—the saving power of the Sons of God. We ARE the BODY OF CHRIST! What Christ does, he DOES THROUGH US!

WHY? Why are they waiting for the manifestation of the Sons of God? Of what value will these Sons be to them? We can see why the Sons themselves would want to be manifested as such with God their Father and Elder Brother Jesus Christ, but why would all the wicked humanity of the entire "CREATION" be "waiting in EARNEST expectation?" What in the world is taking place here?

The church teaches that after all the Sons and Daughters of God are in their glory, the rest of the world will be tortured eternally by real fire in a terrorist hellhole of hopeless doom (never mind the fact that God says "there will be NO MORE DOOM") (Rev. 22:3, Concordant Literal New Testament).

Seriously, when all the Sons and Daughters of God are manifested IN THEIR GLORY, why would the ENTIRE CREATION be awaiting this event with almost uncontrollable bated breath, excitement, and anticipation? WHY? What is it that the churches have never told you? What is God going to do with all these glorified Sons and Daughters?

You have heard enough lies, now let’s read God’s Truth. Here is one of the most profound and all-encompassing Scriptures in the entirety of the Bible:

"For the earnest expectation of the creature [creation] waits for THE MANIFESTATION OF THE SONS OF GOD. For the creature [creation] was MADE subject to VANITY [‘…surely, EVERY MAN IS VANITY’-- Psalm 39:11], NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him [GOD] Who has subjected the same in HOPE. Because the creature [creation] itself also shall be DELIVERED from the bondage of corruption [corruption includes DEATH] into THE GLORIOUS LIBERTY OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD. For we know that THE WHOLE CREATION GROANS AND TRAVAILS IN PAIN together until now" (Rom. 8:19-22).

WOW! Let me point out a few marvelous things in this verse. Notice the chronological order of things in this Scripture and see how it contradicts the terrible teaching of orthodox doctrine:

First the Sons of God are manifested or shown to be what they really are—SPIRITUAL SONS OF GOD (and DAUGHTERS—II Cor. 6:18)! No longer flesh and blood. No longer subject to the pulls of a carnal mind, but True Sons in the very IMAGE OF GOD and His Son, Jesus Christ.

But what happens next? What happens to all the rest of humanity who are not sons and daughters and are not saved? What will happen to them? Just why, pray tell, are they eagerly awaiting the manifestation of these Sons and Daughters? Of what value is the salvation and manifestation of the few chosen saints to those left behind who are not saved?

The Church teaches the world that the rest of humanity will be tortured for all eternity in the lake of fire. Is that true? Is that the purpose of the lake of fire is?

Next we read what the condition of the rest of humanity is, how they got that way, and what is the solution to the problem.

"For the creature [creation] was made subject to VANITY, not willingly, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope" (Rom. 8:20).

God MADE man subject to vanity. God did not ask man’s permission to do this. God did it for His own wise purpose. But God is not a fiend that takes pleasure in the failures of weak humanity. God did not make man in a condition of vanity so that most of humanity would fail of the ideal, and God would then torture most of his creation eternally, when it was He Who created them weak and subjected them to every form of vanity in the first place. God created the whole creation subject to vanity. It is, therefore, God’s responsibility to get man out of this mess.

God supernaturally made a way for the "manifested Sons of God" to conquer the flesh and the carnal mind and be formed into the very image of God with the very mind of Christ! They will be no longer subject to vanity when they are manifested. They will be no longer subject to "the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION." They will be FREE!

And it is they who will then FREE the rest of humanity from their bondage! What was the purpose for this subjection to vanity? So that they will eternally fail and God would eternally torture them for their failure? No! Let’s read it:

God has, "subjected the same IN HOPE" (Verse 20). Wait a minute, am I saying that all of humanity, who fail to be in the first resurrection and become the manifest Sons and Daughters of God, will nonetheless still have "hope?" Is there really hope for all the lost and unsaved? How can this be? Aren’t they going to be subjected to the "lake of fire?" Yes, but there is "hope" in the lake of fire. In fact, the lake of fire is their ONLY HOPE! They will not be eternally tortured just because they did not attain to the first resurrection, but will rather be "DELIVERED!" Let’s read it:

You can read the whole paper here:

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html

God be with you
Ches

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »

I love this verse, it's so true because we are born with the mark of the beast and forced to worship the beast.

I am the beast and I am forced to worship myself who is the beast, then that really is vanity, in the truest sense of the word.

You just don't get anymore vain than that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.