bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question  (Read 8387 times)

Douglas Wayne Thomas

Question
« on: October 01, 2008, 02:21:41 PM »

I would like to ask a question. Since I unfortunately did not get to attend the last conference and have not been able to view the proceedings I am not sure if Ray covered this topic or not. I have also not found a great deal of information about it on the Bible-Truths website. Since we know that the Earth is not a young planet and the Universe is not a young Universe is there a current line of thinking that correlates the teachings of the Bible with The "Big Bang Theory"?

Here is something that was sent to me that might be of interest concerning this topic.

The Big Bang theory was totally rejected at first. But those who supported it had predicted that the ignition
of the Big Bang would have left behind a sort of 'hot flash' of radiation.

If a big black wood stove produces heat that you can feel, then in a similar manner, the Big Bang should produce its own kind of heat that would echo throughout the universe.

In 1965, without looking for it, two physicists at Bell Labs in New Jersey found it.  At first, Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson were bothered because, while trying to refine the world's most sensitive radio antenna, they couldn't eliminate a bothersome source of noise.

They picked up this noise everywhere they pointed the antenna.
  At first they thought it was bird droppings.  The
antenna was so sensitive it could pick up the heat of bird droppings (which certainly are warm when they're brand new) but even after cleaning it off, they still picked up this noise.

This noise had actually been predicted in detail by other astronomers, and after a year of checking
and re-checking the data, they arrived at a conclusion: This crazy Big Bang theory really was correct.

In an interview, Penzias was asked why there was so much resistance to the Big Bang theory.

He said, "Most physicists would rather attempt to describe the universe in ways which require no explanation.
And since science can't *explain* anything - it can only *describe* things - that's perfectly sensible.  If you
have a universe which has always been there, you don't explain it, right? 

"Somebody asks you, 'How come all the secretaries in your company are women?' You can say, 'Well, it's
always been that way.'  That's a way of not having to explain it.  So in the same way, theories which
don't require explanation tend to be the ones accepted by science, which is perfectly acceptable
and the best way to make science work."

But on the older theory that the universe was eternal, he explains: "It turned out to be so ugly that people
dismissed it.  What we find - the simplest theory - is a creation out of nothing, the appearance out of nothing
of the universe."

Penzias and his partner, Robert Wilson, won the Nobel Prize for their discovery of this radiation.  The Big
Bang theory is now one of the most thoroughly validated theories in all of science.

Robert Wilson was asked by journalist Fred Heeren if the Big Bang indicated a creator.  Wilson said, "Certainly there was something that set it all off.  Certainly, if you are religious, I can't think of a better theory of the origin of the universe to match with Genesis."

Please feel free to reply.

Much love and Good tidings,

From Doug

CEO

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 03:32:08 PM »

Doug

You nailed it.  The emphasis of the conference was/is that biblical truth and scientific truth are both truth and flow together masterfully.

Ray eloquently shows that the big bang theory dovetails with Genesis 1:1-2.

He also addreses Noah's flood and the days(yoms) of creation and shows how the biblical account properly translated is in agreement with current scientific thought.

Askseeknock
Charles O

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »

Yes, Doug.  Indeed, Ray may have quoted these very scientists.  Exciting stuff.

If you are able to do the audio, it is up as well as the video.  Audio can be found here:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »

I wish I could answer you, but I am on dialup and video is out of the question.  Try the links in the Ray's Video section.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 06:49:45 PM »

Whats Dial Up?

Didn't they outlaw that a few years ago?

firefly77

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »

Whats Dial Up?

Didn't they outlaw that a few years ago?
;D
I thought they did  ;D ;D  ;D  I can't even imagine what it would be like on dial-up anymore. :o

Grace & Peace,
Angie

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 07:30:33 PM »

28kbs or 56kbs is still a lot faster than when it all started. Try 300bps which was the standard in the early 1980s, when we first got 3kbs and 5kbs it was like lightning compared to the former.

Geo  :-[.

LOL.

Dialup here too Dave.

Carrier pigeons are faster.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:08:26 PM by aqr »

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 07:44:39 PM »

I have gotten spoiled, because at the University we have 1/3 of all the broadband that is available in Central Fl dedicated to the school. I work in the informatics lab which has a dedicated server on the mainframe. This is like having broadband on steroids. Every web page pops up instantly, no delay. What takes me 5 mins. to download on my broadband at home (RoadRunner) takes less than 1 min at school. Consequently I spend too much time at school.

Unfortunately not every area of our country, and a lot of the rest of the world, does not have access to a broadband connection. Also If I don 't start playing better cards I will not be able to afford my broadband connection either.

Love and peace,

Doug

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 08:16:50 PM »

I can feel your pain at home, using comcast 8mbps in calif for my home network so no speed problems. Just contrasting the speed increase that has happened in just a short time; (many shall run to and fro and knowledge shall increase?). Now where did i see that before.

Dan_12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase."

His Glory and Grace,

Geo.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:23:37 PM by aqr »

enigmoxical

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 12:01:15 AM »

Since we know that the Earth is not a young planet and the Universe is not a young Universe is there a current line of thinking that correlates the teachings of the Bible with The "Big Bang Theory"?

Yes. You should read what Dr. Gerald L. Schroeder has to say on the subject in his article "Age of the Universe." Google: "age universe schroeder"

Peace

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 12:21:54 AM »

Hey Doug,
Its funny you mention this because a few days ago I saw a special on the universe on the history channel.
It talked about these guys and others and how the theory was hundreds of years in the making. It was an
awesome program. One of the physicist on the show was short of given the Father credit. It made me laugh!
Also everything Ray mentioned in the conference was talked about in the show.
I need to find a copy of the program.
Scientists are making large discovers these days.

Also the church was in opposition all the way,LOL!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 04:56:51 AM »

I do not know if Ray has used the term, but it is called Intelligent Evolution. Similar to Intelligent Design except acknowledging that Evolution had occurred, is still occurring, and will continue to occur into the future. Some people that believe in God also believe that we are in our current "7th day" of the Lords creation and there are still many "days" yet to play out.

Sirach

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 05:41:15 AM »

Just for my information (and i did not see the conference video's yet), but do i understand correctly that it is said here that the big bang theory is valid ? Is also the macro evolution theory valid  ???

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 06:07:12 AM »

Sirach - Yes to part 1 of your question. Ceo posted - The emphasis of the conference was/is that biblical truth and scientific truth are both truth and flow together masterfully.

Ray eloquently shows that the big bang theory dovetails with Genesis 1:1-2.

Don't know about the "Macro Evolution Theory" though.

Enigmoxical - I did read Dr. Gerald L. Schroeder's article "Age of the Universe" very enlightening. I do not think that God works in a vacuum. Just as God has been reveling the truth through Ray to impart to everyone else; God is also reveling the truth to other people also.

Maybe some of mankind is ready to open their eyes and ears to the truth. I am just glad that I have found this fantastic group of like minded individuals and I learn something new everyday that strengths my faith exponentially.

Seeking to do God's will always,

Doug

Sirach

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 01:07:38 PM »

I must be blind...cant see what Genesis 1: 1-2 has to do with an old earth, an old universe or a big bang...need to see those video's first i guess

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »

Hi Robin.  Obviously watch, listen, or read the materials as nobody is going to be able to explain what Ray said better than Ray.  From my chair, what Ray did was scripturally separate Gen. 1:1-2 from the rest of the narrative.  These verses describe different events than what follows in the 'days' account.

What he didn't do was create a scientific theory based on scripture, as the young earth creationists have done.  He did show, with scripture, that hard science and scripture are not and will never be at odds.  That's my take.

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 02:39:52 PM »

Sirach,

From all the information i have read on both 1. Big Bang and 2. Evolution:
Number 1. is not only plausible but has evidence to support it all over in the Scriptures, History & Science.
Number 2. does not pass the test when using any sane science without major lapses in testing methods.

My understanding of the Theory; not Any basis in fact of evolution is that it starts with a hypothesis
(assumption taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation) and goes on to build up a
case with sketchy data points and circumstantial evidence backed up by non observable conclusions.

Mutations do happen in species, my understanding is that these mutations end up killing the affected
species and does not carry on in later generations. It is a battle daily to get GOD acknowledged as
Creator; no problem to sell the mighty amoeba.

Over 40 years of reading research on the Creation; Evolution controversy has shown me God is in
Total Control. I am not a lawyer or scientist but:Yes i would Take My Lord Jesus Christ's Case Anytime.

George

Just for my information (and i did not see the conference video's yet), but do i understand correctly that it is said here that the big bang theory is valid ? Is also the macro evolution theory valid  ???
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:22:29 AM by aqr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.