bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hundred years, Child and Son  (Read 7258 times)

Daniel

Hundred years, Child and Son
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »

Shoot sorrry guys I first posted this without saying anything :lol:  Do you guys see these connections in relation to our salvation concerning the "representations"? Check this out

Gen 17:17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a CHILD be born unto HIM that is an HUNDRED YEARS OLD[/u]? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

Gen 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a SON INDEED[/u]; and thou shalt call his name ISAAC: and I will establish my covenant with HIM for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be NO MORE thence an infant of days, nor an OLD MAN that hath not FILLED HIS DAYS: for THE CHILD[/u] shall DIE an HUNDRED YEARS OLD[/u]; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Abraham says CHILD, God says a SON[/u] and that of an OLD MAN. The CHILD[/u] shall DIE HUNDRED YEARS OLD[/u] is the exact time a SON is given Abraham

On the Cross itself He said to Mary (in type) Woman, BEHOLD THY SON. Christ dying was to DELIVER and be delivered of THAT of a CHILD (under the law) No different then a servant. Delivered of a CHILD that a MAN should be born. I see these as spiritual truths concerning "NO MORE "Children" BUT SONS[/u]"

Heb 11:11 Through "faith" also Sara herself "received strength" to conceive SEED, and was DELIVERED OF a CHILD[/u] WHEN she was PAST AGE[/u], because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, "when he was tried", offered up ISAAC: and he that had received the promises offered up HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON[/u],

You guys see the similiarities here to the work of Christ redeeming and delivering here into Sonship? I might not able to expound on it a whole lot I haven't got understanding of this yet but its starting to build a bit.

Anyway I thought that was kool, thought I'd shared that, please do add to it if you can.

Daniel

Indagator

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:53:54 PM »

Wow nice  :shock:  . I'm going to look into that more now!

Daniel

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:57:09 PM »

Indagator

Awesome!! I thought, they will think I'm MAD :lol:  God is GREAT! So glad you got a glimmer bro, come back here with anything you start catching you here? :lol:

Daniel

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 10:54:35 PM »

Wow danial, that was amazing! Great God we do have, He is working through you my friend. I do not fully grasp what you say but i see the similirities, my ears are still alittle waxed, but God willing its being burned away ;)

Thanks and keep it coming if you get any more truths out of that from God, please do share!

God bless,

Alex

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 04:30:41 AM »

Oh great Alex! He IS SO GOOD!! I LOVE to see these things and you know what? I'll see something, and stick it on the back burner, but somehow He will add more for us a bit later, again, and again. I need to reread them myself (thinking on them) but He always increases what you see in it and refines it, He inspires true awe thats for sure bro. I wish it were clearer to myself as well. I suppose thats why HE is THE Teacher and WE like the disciples sit around discussing, saying, "what meaneth he by THIS"? :lol:  We should post scripture stumpers :lol:  By that I mean verses that draw your attention but they have yet to be revealed to you full satisfaction yet. You know what I mean, like when ten people say what it means to them but "in you" which desires to be "convinced" iis not yet "convinced" thank God he does THAT "in us" :lol:

Just to add to the above moving through the symbols just a litttle bit for further defining "underneathe" maybe these add another demension to it... Don't know, just comparing here the use of the word Child and what it constitutes and a Son.

Isaiah (;6 For unto us a CHILD is BORN, unto us a SON is GIVEN: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 16:21 A WOMAN when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: BUT AS SOON as SHE is DELIVERED OF "the CHILD", she remembereth NO MORE the "anguish", for JOY that A MAN is BORN "into the world".

1Cr 13:11 WHEN I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but WHEN I BECAME A MAN[/u], I put away childish things.

Galations goes into the symbols of the Child and the Son and their relation.

Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a CHILD, differeth nothing from a SERVANT[/b], though he be lord of all;

Gal 4:2 But is UNDER tutors and governors UNTIL the "time appointed" of the father.

Children (under law) are creatures (bondage corruption) and servants (subject to vanity) as Childhood and youth are vanity but are redeemed (redemption of the purchase possesion) liberated (from bondage their fear of death) all spiritual truths here and now. Becoming new creatures in Christ (the Second Adam)

Gal 4:3 Even so WE, WHEN we WERE CHILDREN, were in BONDAGE UNDER[/u] "the elements of the world"

Of the children

Gal 4:4-6 But WHEN "the FULNESS of THE TIME was come", God sent forth his SON, MADE of a WOMAN, MADE UNDER THE LAW, To REDEEM THEM that "were under the law", that WE might RECEIVE the adoption of SONS. And because ye are SONS, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his SON INTO "your HEARTS", crying, Abba, FATHER.[/u]

Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art NO MORE A SERVANT (child), BUT A SON; and if a son, then "an heir" OF GOD "through Christ".

Mal 4:6  A SON honoureth HIS FATHER, and a SERVANT his MASTER: IF then I be a FATHER, WHERE is mine HONOUR? and  IF I be a MASTER, WHERE is my FEAR?[/u]  

Sons honour the Father whereas Servants fear their Master it seems :idea:

Made of a Woman under the law (in type Mary)

Luke 1:74That he would GRANT unto US, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him WITHOUT FEAR,[/u]  :idea:

Seems like two different perspectives spiritually speaking, A Child (SERVANT) hath FEAR, The FEAR of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom but certainly not the end all for "perfect love" CASTS OUT FEAR. In relation to the child/ servent "bondage" and "fear" plays a part, God hath not given us.

Romans 8:15 For ye have NOT received the SPIRIT of BONDAGE AGAIN to FEAR; but ye have received the SPIRIT of ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, FATHER.[/u]

The CASTING OUT of the bondwomans son or the CHILD is as an alllegory, at the appointed time perfect love "casts out fear"

1John 4:18 There is NO FEAR IN LOVE; but "perfect love" casteth out fear: because FEAR HATH TORMENT. He that FEARETH is NOT "made perfect" in LOVE.[/u]

2Titus 1:7 For God hath NOT given us the SPIRIT of FEAR :idea:  but OF POWER, and OF LOVE, and of a SOUND MIND.[/u]

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them GAVE he POWER TO BECOME the SONS of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I suppose I could have ordered that better but its late off to bed :lol:

Daniel

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 01:48:08 PM »

Bobby exactly!

John 21:5 Then Jesus saith unto them, "Children", have ye any MEAT? They answered him, NO.  :!:

Children have NO MEAT[/u] they are not ABLE Surely the LESSER is BLESSED OF the GREATER as the OLDER would SERVE the YOUNGER.[/u] (FEED my sheep)

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, MY MEAT is TO DO THE WILL OF HIM that sent me, and to finish his work.

Heb 5:14 But STRONG MEAT belongeth to them that are OF FULL AGE, even those who by reason of USE have their "SENSES EXERCISED" to DISCERN both good and evil.

I love this verse! the MEAT to eat they KNEW NOT OF[/u]

Luke 24:30 And "IT CAME TO PASS" :!:  as he SAT AT MEAT WITH THEM :D  he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and GAVE TO THEM.[/u]  :D

Luke 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how HE was KNOWN OF THEM  :idea: in "breaking of bread."

To KNOW HIM not after the FLESH as Paul said we at one time did know him by but we do so NO LONGER. "Knowing Him" after the SPIRIT! :D

Gives us much to look forward to in our pressing on to KNOW THE LORD :wink:

Daniel

Becky

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 01:49:57 PM »

very nicely done!

Daniel

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 04:55:38 PM »

Praise the Lord Bobby, and the Lord bless YOU my brother and all here!

I'm just passing on the good things "I knew nothing of" myself but when catching a glimpse of "that" bro its LIFE to us. Inside you light up and cannot contain what overflows with thanksgiving to God for this indescrible gift! Just when I come to think, "this  can't get better" He turns to surprise us :lol:

Glad you were blessed bro, I was most certainly seeing that I had yet to enter the second part of what I truly "knew not of" :wink:

Rejoicing with you!

Daniel

Daniel

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant(to sin), but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

bobby

Absolutely Bobby its as I see it, you see it. The words interchange after the very same truth betwen them.

Youth and childhood being vanity, is drawn from the same thoought as the creature itself is subject to vanity. Not of natural truth but as it relates to where one is spiritually speaking.

A Child is "under" (bondage)

THE Creature is "subject" (bondage)

The Servant "Fears" (bondage)

Its an AGE, God conceals a thing concerning the "AGES"

Christ is "named" THE END" OF THE lAW who of Himself IS WITHOUT END. See it? The AGE, the END and the WITHOUT END (appears contradictory in and of "itself" understood "outside" of WHO stands "between" the TWO AGES (that of a Child and that of a Son. HE IS the Rock of AGES (The end of one and the Beginning of the other). Like a "circuit". Its the "passing over" (Christ IS our passover Lamb) between being a Child (First age) into Sonship (Second age) here and now. That we might KNOW our Father whose perfect love CASTS OUT THE FEAR (which was bondage) and we become NO MORE SERVANTS, NO MORE CHILDREN But SONS and a NEW Creature something we CAN KNOW between the passing over and entering His rest.

Just as you showed a "Servant to sin" being actually made "free" from the law of sin and death, by HIM (The Truth "who" sets us free) That Sin reigns NOT in our MORTAL BODIES shows there is something "as a child" (which is "not able") or as "a servant" (who "fears") or as the creature (subjected in hope) concerning "that" which it "knows not of" as Jesus shows and "in that place" it hopes for what it does not yet see. At the same time its an evidence that is unseen. Its looks at that which is unseen.

Theres so many ways to capture these same exact things but they are hidden by words needing careful comparison spiriitually.

All too completly beyond my comprehension waiting always on His light for the ability to see what I naturally am not able to, bless His name and His greatness always! The glorious LIBERTY being ours by Him we reign IN LIFE, What a gift with power, HIS toward us who believe HE has the power to subdue all things to Himself and bring us Home to the Father!

Daniel

Indagator

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 01:02:53 AM »

The "child" is the prophet.  The "Son" is the prophecy.  Or yet, the child is the prophecy, and the son is the fulfillment of, as in Christ and as in all who are faithful until the end.

Daniel

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 04:03:21 PM »

Indagator

That was interesting, I had to read that a couple of times and kept what you shared with me. You got me thinking here and I can't say I fully grasp it as I don't always get whats given me. Its just given to consider a thing. Thank you for sharing that, you stirrred me into thinking on that. I too am trying to pull the relevant "child" verses in their order. They definately need to be rightly divided, God give the wisdom (Please!  :lol: )

I could have ordered this a bit better, but I included the child again (born spiritually blind) that the glory of God be manifest in him. This one ended going in a direction very close to what you posted but I need to wait on the Lord concerning it. I had no idea of certain things (further down). Good Lord HE IS GOOD!!!

Gal 4:1  Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a CHILD, differeth nothing from a SERVANT[/u], "though he be lord of all"

Isaiah 42:19 Who is BLIND, but my SERVANT[/u]? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is BLIND as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S SERVANT?[/u]

John 1:9 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was BLIND "FROM HIS BIRTH"[/u]. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, WHO did SIN, "THIS man", OR his PARENTS, that he was BORN? (John 9:41) IF you WERE BLIND you should have NO SIN[/u] (verse repeated below in full)

Child is a Servant and BLIND, Eyes are not opened

Gal 4:2 But is UNDER tutors and governors UNTIL the "TIME appointed" of the father.

John 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor "his PARENTS": BUT that THE WORKS of GOD should be made MANIFEST IN HIM.[/u]

Under tutors UNTIL the TIME SET by The Father, then He is OF AGE[/u]

John 9:19 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was BORN BLIND? how then doth he NOW SEE?

John 9:21 But by "what means" he NOW SEETH, "we know not"; or who hath OPENED HIS EYES, "we know not" HE IS OF AGE; ask him: HE shall SPEAK FOR HIMSELF.

John 9:39-41 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see NOT "might see"; and that they which SEE might be made blind. And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, ARE WE BLIND ALSO? Jesus said unto them, IF ye WERE BLIND, ye should have NO SIN: but NOW ye SAY, WE SEE; therefore your SIN REMAINETH.

John 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that "any man" opened the eyes of one that was BORN blind.[/b].... unto us a CHILD is BORN ... A SON is GIVEN

Gal 4:1  Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a CHILD, differeth nothing from a SERVANT[/u], "though he be lord of all"

Another example of one who was BORN BLIND is PAUL

Act 9:18  And immediately THERE FELL FROM HIS EYES as "it had BEEN" SCALES: and he RECEIVED SIGHT[/u] forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Just as the man

1Cr 13:11 WHEN I WAS A CHILD, I spake as A CHILD, I understood as A CHILD, I thought as A CHILD: BUT WHEN[/u](OF AGE) I BECAME A MAN, I PUT AWAY "childish things"

Wonder if this can be applied? Hsa 11:11 When Israel was A CHILD, THEN I loved him[/b], and called MY SON[/b] out of Egypt.

Gal 1:6 To REVEAL his SON IN ME, "that I might PREACH HIM" among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:[/u]  (received it by a "revelation")

This brought me to this verse, this always intrigued me, a "Second Child"??

Ecc 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the SECOND CHILD that SHALL STAND UP IN HIS STEAD.

2Cr 5:20 Now then WE "are ambassadors" FOR CHRIST[/u], as though God did BESEECH YOU BY US[/u]: we pray you in CHRIST'S STEAD[/u], be ye reconciled to God.

Getting offf track here but coonsidering the above, has me thinking much on this.

Rev 12:5 And SHE brought forth a MAN CHILD, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and HER CHILD was CAUGHT UP unto God, and to his throne.

Luke 23:43 TO DAY shalt thou be WITH ME in PARADISE.[/u]

2Cr 12:1-4 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations OF THE LORD. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an ONE CAUGHT UP to the THIRD HEAVEN And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was CAUGHT UP INTO PARADISE[/u], and heard "unspeakable words", which it is "not lawful for a man to utter".

Sometimes you just can't wait to actually "understand these things"

Daniel

Indagator

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 10:27:07 PM »

Daniel,

I should have explained why I said that, but as I often do I just sort of typed "flow of thought" and didn't think to explain what was going on in my thoughts :lol:  . Sorry about that.  I suppose lack of sleep dosen't help either :lol: .

Your posts concerning the "child" and the "Son" made something click.  The Prophet I was referring to is John the Baptist...the fore-runner.

Joh 1:23  He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

This was one of the very first spritual truths introduced to me after having read Ray's LOF series and also discussing things with another member of this forum.  It occured to me that this is the spirit telling me that it's meant for me to "make straight the way of the Lord".  It's as if the Baptist was not only speaking to those people so long ago, but was speaking to me right then...make straight the way of the Lord!  So to me, that verse was actually about me, or the spirit working in me.

When I read your posts about the "child" becoming a "Son", I saw a correlation to myself as a "child" becoming a "Son"  because of Joh 1:23.  Basically as a process of going from child and making straight the way of the Lord to eventually having Christ fully realized within me.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to be sure and check scripture, but I will be back later to post if I find more for it.  I pray that Christ will be with me and teaching me in spirit while I start the compilation :D

God Bless!

Daniel

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 11:49:07 PM »

Indagator wrote

When I read your posts about the "child" becoming a "Son", I saw a correlation to myself as a "child" becoming a "Son" because of Joh 1:23. Basically as a process of going from child and making straight the way of the Lord to eventually having Christ fully realized within me.

I'm seeing it the exact same bro.

Even bears witness of John (a man sent by God) to testify truthfully to "the true light" I see the same patern in Pauls doings.

2Cr 4:5 For "we preach" NOT "ourselves", BUT "Christ Jesus the Lord"; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

John 1:20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am NOT the Christ.

"In ourselves" and a "patern" through written examples we can can see in others as well. Glad they are written for us :D

Daniel

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 12:23:52 AM »

Ecc 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the SECOND CHILD that SHALL STAND UP IN HIS STEAD.

Rev 12:5 And SHE brought forth a MAN CHILD, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and HER CHILD was CAUGHT UP unto God, and to HIS throne

Could it be that this second CHILD Is figurative or symbolic for the MAN CHILD, and representing THE ELECT. They will stand up in "CHRISTS" stead[Tabarnacle]?

Isaiah6 For unto us a CHILD is BORN, unto us a SON is GIVEN: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This obviously being CHRIST so the second child must be just another representation of the ELECT i would believe, I could be wrong offcourse, but thats my thoughts on it.

orion77

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 12:25:35 AM »

Sitting back reading and learning, good stuff here.  Praise God!!

Its all about His love springing forward as living waters and His face shown bright as the sun.  Coming in and springing outward, giving spiritual light and truth to make ones garden grow.

Gods truth is when we find out just how much He loves us.  When we see exactly how merciful He is.  When we see how much patience patience He has for us.  

A child knows of these things, but a son out of true respect, goes beyond knowing these things and starts to become this way towards others.  There can be no fear, when one desires to be like his or hers Father, to listen and learn, grow and to help others.  To be an imitator of God is to follow Jesus in spirit and truth.

Very good thread,  8)  :lol:

God bless,

Gary

Daniel

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 12:54:26 AM »

Quote from: lilitalienboi16

Rev 12:5 And SHE brought forth a MAN CHILD, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and HER CHILD was CAUGHT UP unto God, and to HIS throne

Could it be that this second CHILD Is figurative or symbolic for the MAN CHILD, and representing THE ELECT. They will stand up in "CHRISTS" stead[Tabarnacle]?

Isaiah6 For unto us a CHILD is BORN, unto us a SON is GIVEN: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This obviously being CHRIST so the second child must be just another representation of the ELECT i would believe, I could be wrong offcourse, but thats my thoughts on it.

I agree :D

Thats why using this comparison

2Cr 5:20 Now then WE are "ambassadors" FOR Christ[/b], "as though God" did "beseech you" BY US[/u]: we pray you in Christ's STEAD, be ye reconciled to God.[/u]

Sometimes just using the word "elect" lacks by itself its own defining. Its those kinds of things I like to look into. Getting beneathe the words and see what they are about for us in the here and now. Or rather THE life that "NOW is" yet not in "THIS life only".

I don't think I have enough days on earth to be able (in myself) grasp the beauties of all His words.

Always in awe of Him

Daniel

Indagator

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 12:40:45 AM »

Oh boy, I need patience here.  I started working on this and found myself stating things without scriptural reference.  I feel like I'm getting ahead of myself a bit so I'm going to let it simmer some while I study.  I don't want to overstep what is given to me according to our Father's will.  Christ, be with me on this, because I surely cannot do it without you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.