bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 6114 times)

Cammy

New Member Introduction
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:37:14 PM »

Hello

My name is Campbell, I am from Paisley in Scotland.
Seriously scunnered by the happy clappy, hand raising, flag waving, lusty praise music, rock band, 'the anointing is coming over me', falling on your back Christian pomp and ceremony.
What a thrill it is to have found a place to have your eyes and ears opened to the truth of the scriptures as taught and presented by Ray.  I feel that the bible is brought to life through Ray's teachings.

(Have a nice yom - ye all)
Regards

Campbell

aqrinc

Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:50:32 PM »

And a nice Yom to ye also Campbell, lots and lots of good reading to do here.
The company is not too bad either.

Geo.  8)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »

Hi Campbell,

Welcome to the forum. 

I did not know what the word "scunnered" meant, so I had to look it up in the dictionary.  Now I have a new word added to my vocabulary.  Thanks. :)

René

iris

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 03:16:18 AM »

Hi Campbell,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

WhoAmI

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 03:38:15 AM »

Howdy Campbell,

I'm from Florida in the U.S.A. and welcome to the board.

Jeff

ScarletWren

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »

Welcome Campbell,

I do so love the Scottish brogue.  Hope to see some posts from you.

gmik

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »

Aye, Welcome to ye. :D

Glad to have you.  We have a gal on board who lives in Scotland.  I visited there in the 70's (long time ago) and loved it.  Have ancestors from there too.

Love to hear that God's word is truth around the globe!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:39 PM »

Hi Campbell.  Even if we DID do all that, you'd never hear it/see it.   ;D

Delighted to have you on the forum. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:57:01 PM »

Hi Campbel

You sound like you have a great sense of humor.

Welcome to the forum,
Brenda

Linny

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

Hey Campbell! How fun was your introduction! :D

Welcome to BT from Kentucky, USA!!

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

And Rene! How about sharing??? Now I have to do homework! ::)

Linny

Kat

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »

Hi Campbell,

I'm glad you joined us  :)
Well you must of had a very lively church experience.  I was in churches more sadate than that, but still had all the false teachings just the same.
It certainly is night and day between the churches and BT. 
It is really a blessing to have this place to fellowship and study together with like minded believers.

Here are some links to what is available here at the forum.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »

Welcome Cambell.

I am mongrel and am 1/2 scotand like the opportunity to meet and greet you. I live in nashville TN, I am glad that you joined the forum, this is a place to learn and share...a place where our heavens are being shaken by what God reveals to us.

There is good information about Esword (helps us find  scriptures that we can copy and paste into our posts ) and audio and video and transcripts of Rays too and the sayings and musings of the rest of us, there is never nothing to see or do here.

Look forward to your posts. 

beloved

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »

Welcome aboard Campbell.  I'm a newbie here too.
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

TRS

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

I am a new member and look forward to talking to many of you. You may be able to help me as I stumble in here from the Christian world of lies about God. I have been a Christian for many years (40) but have never been able to reconcile the idea of a loving God who could eternally punish souls in a lake of fire; and not just a few but most of the human race! When I raised an objection in my circles I was told not to question God and that He is just. Therefore sending millions to an eternal fiery torment was okay for God to do. The fact that this did not even meet the standards of human morality seemed not to be an issue to Christians because this God of love can somehow act (because He is just) in a manner that would cause Hitler to cringe. I also could not escape the fearful thought that I might be one of those suspended in the eternal hellhole because there are many bible verses that, if taken seriously seem to spell doom for me as well. I have not been especially interested in introducing my friends to the Gospel because frankly it was not good news. If I thought about the whole issue enough (hell/eternal punishment) I could get quite upset emotionally. So, I was thrilled to stumble upon Bible Truths website (L. Ray Smith) and for the first time I felt that there was hope.  Perhaps I did not have an evil god who capriciously sends millions to eternal doom just because they were not elected, or sinned too much or whatever. I am feeling much more like I can love the real God and Savior. I still have times of worry thinking it is all too good to believe and remembering all the thousands of Christians who consider Universal salvation a damnable heresy. Could they all be wrong? Yes they are wrong. But I struggle not with the facts but a long history of emotional abuse from churches that have lied about God. Anyway, I am glad to be in a group like this. By the way, although I love the Lord, I hate going to church because it only brings up fearful thoughts and puts me back a few days every week. Are there any good churches in the Chicago area?
TRS

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »

Hi TRS, you are introducing yourself in Cammy introduction thread.
I suggest that you highlight your post and copy it , then go to New topics and click on it, Title the post with something like "Glad to be here" or whatever you think you want . Then paste your post in the blank area and then post it.

People come here to Introduction to find new people and answer their particular questions and read and learn something about them. . People may not know who is being addressed if you are both are in the same thread. ;D

Anyway, No there are no good churches in Chicago.

Each person is a member of the Body of Christ, we have no building. We have nor leader other than Christ and the Holy Spirit. We do not tithe to any organization but we will give everything to those we see. 

This forum is a place to discuss Ray's teachings and work on our own sevanthood. God has you where you are to do what He wants. We are to study to show ourselves approved. As He works on us , we move to maturity. Our job is to endure the tribulations as they come.

beloved

TRS

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »

Thanks,
This is confusing. What is Cammy?
TRS (Terry)

Beloved

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 09:33:45 PM »

Cammy is sign on name of Campbell from scotland he is the one who introduced himself on this thread.

Do not feel bad we often have sub thread conversations  ;D

The sections have different purposes, not everyone watches this so occasionally things are moved.

This area Introductions is for new people  to introduce themselves, also things to announce (like I did when the gas problem occurred just before the conference and everyone was headed out. As you see the Audios and Videos and transcripts are up above.

general topics is where things pertaining to rays teachins are place. Off Topics are for humorus and topics that do not exactly fit in.

We try to keep a lot of photos and glittery things being added out of general discussions and introductions so people who have dial up
and not encumbered . Off topics can have these

The bottom section is for prayer requests s, testimonials and personal discussions about tribulations people are living through.

I just realized something I do  not think I ever introduced myself
 :P

beloved

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 11:47:46 PM »

Hi TRS.  I so relate to your story.  I think you will find yourself to be in good company here.

It's highly unlikely there are any churches in Chicago that believe as we do.  But there may be scattered members of the forum in the area that it might be possible to meet for fellowship.  Unless and unil then, I look forward to fellowship with you here over this internet thingamajig.   ;D

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.