bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is God or Jesus the Judge?  (Read 5801 times)

EKnight

Is God or Jesus the Judge?
« on: October 02, 2008, 12:23:35 AM »

For the Father judges no man, but has committed ALL judgment unto the son (John 5:22)

.....to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of ALL,.....and Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant....(Heb 12: 23 & 24)

I'm confused.   ???

Eileen

mharrell08

Re: Is God or Jesus the Judge?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:45:15 AM »

As they like to say in the South: bof of 'em! (Both of them)  ;D

Remember, God is not the Father's name. It is only a title. Jesus is called God. Therefore, the Father has committed all judgement to the Son Jesus who is God.

Marques

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:49:21 AM »

And I would have accepted that explanation except that in Hebrews 12:23&24 there seems to be a distinction being made:

and to God, the Judge of all,..........and Jesus, the mediator. 

You see? Therein lies my confusion.

Eileen

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:03:06 AM »

Aaah, the scriptures...  ;D

Rom 2:16  In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

1 Cor. 4:4  For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

2 Tim 4:1  I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Tim 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing

Rom. 11:36  For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen

John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved

1 John 4:9  In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

All is done 'through Him [Christ]'. Including judgement. Jesus is God...there is no separate distinction. The same 'let US make man in our image' is God. Remember, all is done THROUGH HIM.

Hope that helps,

Marques

P.S.  I know it can seem confusing...have another stab at Ray's paper, Who is the Father and Who is Jesus? in the transcript section.

AK4

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »

Remember, God is not the Father's name. It is only a title. Jesus is called God. Therefore, the Father has committed all judgement to the Son Jesus who is God.

Marques

AAAh But remember Jesus said the Elect will be doing the judging.  I cant find the scriptures right now, but i know its in there.

See the streamline---From The Father to the Son to the Elect.  Its the same symbolic thing from the OT where it went God to Moses ("you will be like a god to them" (Jesus like)) and then to the judges Moses picked out of the Isrealites.

Anthony

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »

I would like to add one more thing to what Marques explained so well, God is a title or even surname that the Father shares with the Son, they not only share this name but also share the glory (John 17:24) which at some point our Lord will also share with His (and His and our Father's) elect.

Why would God the Father give judgment to the Son and those who come after Him?

Who better to judge acts done in the flesh than those who have lived in the flesh?

Mat 19:28  And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Never forget;

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

Peace,

JO

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »

2 Scriptures Anthony may be looking for.

I Corinthians 6:2:
Do you not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

John 12:47:
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Geo.

Marques

AAAh But remember Jesus said the Elect will be doing the judging.  I cant find the scriptures right now, but i know its in there.

See the streamline---From The Father to the Son to the Elect.  Its the same symbolic thing from the OT where it went God to Moses ("you will be like a god to them" (Jesus like)) and then to the judges Moses picked out of the Isrealites.

Anthony

chuckt

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »

25 to the only God, our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, might and authority before the entire eon, now, as well as for all the eons. Amen!

"""God""""" does EVERYTHING THRU Christ Jesus, its the only reason why the whole physical universe is not consumed in a nano second.

El Elyon is very smart  :D

peace
chuckt

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.