bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fake Babies  (Read 5345 times)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Fake Babies
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:43:46 AM »

Ladies of the forum,

I thought some of you may find this interesting.  I feel a sense of sadness for these women who are so carried away by these babies.

René

http://www.lemondrop.com/2008/10/01/my-fake-baby-bbc-documentary/

BBC Documentary Shows Grown Women Obsessed With Tiny Dolls –
Article by Paula Kashtan

We first heard about "My Fake Baby" -- a BBC doc about women who "care" for incredibly lifelike baby dolls -- in January, but (sigh) it only aired in the U.K. Tonight the film will finally be shown in the U.S., on BBC America.

The women featured in the film spend hundreds of dollars on "reborns" -- dolls with beating hearts, tiny veins and other bizarrely realistic features -- and treat them just like actual babies, diaper changes and all. Check out the clip below, and you'll see why we've been so anxious to see this import in full.

Douglas Wayne Thomas

Re: Fake Babies
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »

Rene - this might sound a little off-track, but this reminds me of the Star Trek (Next Generation) series were The Federation wants to dismantle Commander Data (he is an android) because they consider him property. The argument boils down to this: if we create a whole bunch of androids are they our property or slaves. There is already a branch of Psychology that deals with Robotic Psychological issues. How would Robots handle certain situations and such.

The concept of creating an artificial life-form for the purpose of human companionship is reflected in ancient mythology, medieval literature, as well as visual art created in the 14th century, specifically Leonardo da Vinci’s design of a humanoid known as Leonardo’s Robot (Libin & Libin, 2004).

Today, humanoid robots are common facets of popular culture as seen in magazines, comic books, cartoons, as well as science fiction movies
and novels where robots are both heroes and villains (Asada, MacDorman, Ishiguro, & Kuniyoshi, 2001).

With the growing popularity of robots and artificial intelligence (AI), the creation of robots incorporating some psychological concepts and principles has become increasingly prevalent within higher education curricula.

I see these dolls as just another step towards the creation of artificial Human beings. It is becoming a Brave New World isn't it?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:27:10 AM by Doug »

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:21:55 PM »

Rene,

I really don't know what to make of that ???
It's a bit creepy, and sad.  Is it possible that this is helpful?

I love Sci Fi myself, and "Data" is a very charming character.  I'm not sure why it's different except that nobody is pretending he's real?  This is very interesting and deep!  (Bicentennial Man also good Movie/story)

Amazing,
Brenda

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »

I've seen those dolls before, they were discussed on a childbirth message board that I frequent. Some of the women there had lost babies and thought that they were extremely creepy and disgusting, other women thought they were absolutely beautiful and would have been wonderful to have while healing. I guess it isn't possible for us to understand unless we have been in a position of infertility or loss of a baby.

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:28 AM »

I felt horrible for the overweight cat, you know he’s not catching any mice these days. Remember the cabbage patch doll and how it came through with adoption papers. It seemed some people were going crazy over that too.  ;D

frecklegirl417

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »

I wonder if they could be used for the teenagers who I have seen on TV saying how they will do anything to have a baby. Like, make them cry, wet their pants, and then continue crying for no reason and won't stop until you pick them up and hold them. I was not one of the lucky people to experience motherhood but I have 7 siblings and nephews galore so for aunt you did alot of babysitting that was a big lesson on not getting pregnant before I was ready.
   I do feel bad for the women who need these babies to help them get through a loss of a child. I hope the women who just bought the doll because they just wanted to take care of a new baby because their children got older IMO... need help!

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:15:42 PM »

You guys should check out the movie called, Ghost in the Shell
Japanese Animation is full of these type of ideologies.

The entire Matrix series was exactly about things such as this.
But honestly I don't know what to make of it ???
Even though I'm not a woman I myself still long to have children but I want them to grow up and be mature men and women of God.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.