bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long Hair (Did Jesus Wear It?)  (Read 5033 times)

Deedle

Long Hair (Did Jesus Wear It?)
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:31:53 PM »

http://www.aionios.com/longhair.html

ENJOY!

Deedle  :D

P.S. Much thanks to my friend James Rayburn for typing it out from the tract.

shibboleth

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 11:58:15 AM »

Interesting article. I read on remnantbride.com an article about how all our problems of immorality started during WW2. That's when women started to work outside the home and wear pants. This is the period when the word teenager was introduced, whereas before, there was only young people and adults.

I don't agree with the article. Sinnersw have been around ever since Adam and Eve first walked on the earth. Jesus said it wasn't what was outside of a man that is evil, but what is inside of his heart. Jealousy, hatred, envy, selfishness and pride all com from our heart and have an affect on our actions. The actions only show our heart condition.

Since long hair on men is more or less a personal decision, there isn't as much judgmental attitudes about it as there was in the 60s and 70s. But, you usually don't see too many corporate men with long hair and rings all over their faces.  People will always be judged by how they present themselves. It's just part of our fallen nature to judge the external.

Becky

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 12:20:03 PM »

goofey article!!   :lol:

Gill

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 12:53:42 PM »

lol, i wonder if anyone thinks that Samson looked effeminate when he slew a thousand men with the jawbone of an a@@  :lol: (forum won't let me type a s s).  Deedle, please don't tell us that he had a mullet too  :P .

eutychus

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »

Jer 7:29 Cut off thine hair, [O Jerusalem], and cast [it] away, and take up a lamentation on high places; for the LORD hath rejected and forsaken the generation of his wrath.
Nezer TWOT - 1340a
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
neh'-zer        Noun Masculine  

Definition
consecration, crown, separation, Nazariteship
crown (as sign of consecration), earring
stones of a crown, diadem, stones of charming
woman's hair
consecration
of high priest
of Nazarite

Deedle

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:42:22 PM »

Sorry,

I grew up with that stupid long hair tract. I just found it again when I moved and it was even funnier now than back then.

The mullet thing is just an inside joke with my family and friends. I'm going to delete that mullet Jesus picture soon. I just had to put it up for a few days. It doesn't really matter whether Jesus had a mullet or short hair in the flesh as far as I'm concerned.

2Co 5:16 (NASB)  
Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. 17  Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Later,
Deedle  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.