bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the number 666 and humanity  (Read 12809 times)

Imabeliever

the number 666 and humanity
« on: October 02, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »

I Was reading a post here earlier and the subject was about how long man was on earth ( great post, btw), I noticed the number six and mankind are kind of closely knit! So could it be that the number 666 is not a number associated with the devil, but one that represents man, A number given to mankind by God, not a Godly number but a number meant for man. I know the Revelation scriptures on the number but I think there is a little more to it than that, like , why the three six's? what is significant about this number and man? Why is man (tied?) to this number? I'll consult the good book but anyone elses help would be awesome! Please understand what I am saying, you see, Ray has destroyed alot of mainstream christian doctrines through his diligent study and understanding of scripture, so I am wondering if maybe with what we've all learned from God through Ray if we cant get a little more better understanding of the number and its relation to man. I personally dont think it has anything to do with the devil,I think the number symbolizes something, but what? and why? Any research/ help/ input would be very welcome! God Bless! :)

Kat

Re: the number 666 and humanity
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:19:40 PM »

Hi Imabeliever,

I noticed the number six and mankind are kind of closely knit! So could it be that the number 666 is not a number associated with the devil, but one that represents man, A number given to mankind by God, not a Godly number but a number meant for man.

That would be correct.  Ray has a whole article on that subject in the LOF series 'WHO IS THE BEAST? - 666?'   Here is a section of the article.

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html ----------

THE NUMBER 666

"Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the NUMBER OF THE BEAST: for it is the NUMBER OF A MAN; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six [666]" (Rev. 13:18).

Is this indeed what the Greek manuscripts of Rev. 13:18 state? No, it is not.

The Greek word used when only man is meant (always excluding woman), is aner. But the Greek word translated "man" in Rev. 13:18 is not aner, but rather the word anthropos, which means "a human being, male or female." Strong’s Concordant.

Furthermore, it is not the number of "a" anything. It is just the number of human or of mankind! Even the Revised Standard Version translators saw this and therefore, states, "It’s number is six hundred sixty-six." The number of the wild beast is not the number of "a" man, but rather the number of "man" or "mankind."

With this in mind let’s read II Thes. 2:3:

"Let no man [‘let not any person,’ RSV, ‘Let no ONE…’] deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first, and that man of sin [Gk: the lawless one] be revealed, the son of perdition [Gk: the one destined for destruction]. Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God [a god], or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God"

Whenever man builds his spiritual house upon the spiritual sand, his spiritual house will fall. And it is then that God reveals to him the wild beast that comes out of the sea. What does Paul tell us happens when there comes a ‘FALLING AWAY’ first? What follows? When our house on sand falls, what is then revealed? Why "the LAWLESS one" is "REVEALED." When the falling away occurs, then the man of sin, ‘the lawless one’ ‘the one destined for destruction’ is REVEALED.

And what a revelation it is! What a blast of the trumpet it is! What a shock to all humanity when at long last this wild beast is revealed to EVERYONE! Trust me when I tell you that it is a hard pill to swallow. It will shake you to your sandy foundation.

As I am now at the end of this Part XIII, I don’t want to close without revealing just who it is that constitutes the wild beast of Revelation 13 and the lawless one of II Thes. 2. I did title this Installment: Who is the Beast? And so I will tell you.

"So okay Ray, enough, TELL US WHO THE BEAST IS. Who? Tell us WHO?"

The "beast" is you!
----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07:36 PM »

The beast is our carnal thinking mind. That’s how I see it and it’s full of much deception. The carnal thinking mind believes it control its own destiny making us God and putting God in our pocket.

In His Love. Richard.

musicman

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »

And the sea is humanity.  When John (somewhere in Revelations, too lazy to check) stood on the sand of the sea shore, he saw the wild beast rise up out of the sea.  So, in other words, his spiritual house which was built on the sand, sank, leaving him on the sea shore.  That is when we finally see ourselves as the beast.  Our spiritual house must sink or crumble, first.

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »

And the sea is humanity.  When John (somewhere in Revelations, too lazy to check)

Awesome...This is why you've got to love Dan, Dan the musicman :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »

"So okay Ray, enough, TELL US WHO THE BEAST IS. Who? Tell us WHO?"

The "beast" is you!

:o

I must say that this revelation was perhaps the most eye opening and profound thing I have learned from Ray. After years of reading all the rubbish about "The Beast" and "The Antichrist" from 20 different authors and dealing with the resulting confusion these books inspired it was a relief (maybe not the perfect word) to find someone who could explain this in a way that tied in so many other scriptural truths.

If we do not understand or appreciate the fact that His creation process starts us out as beasts then how do we truly understand what we must overcome (through His grace and Spirit), and the purpose for this experience.

Peace,

Joe 

enigmoxical

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »

This post was removed because of its conflict with the Forum Rules;

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html

Peace,

Joe
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:30:27 AM by hillsbororiver »

Chris R

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 10:06:23 AM »

Hi enigmoxical

Not really sure what this has to do with www.bibletruths.com ?

Please keep the subject on Rays teachings.

Thanks

Chris R

enigmoxical

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 10:31:27 AM »

Hi enigmoxical

Not really sure what this has to do with www.bibletruths.com ?

Please keep the subject on Rays teachings.

Thanks

Chris R
Hi Chris:

Nothing in my previous post is contrary to what Ray teaches. I was merely providing information at the request of the person who started this thread, who asked:

"Any research/ help/ input would be very welcome!"

But I see now that not all research / help / input is welcome in this forum.

Peace

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »

But I see now that not all research / help / input is welcome in this forum.

Peace

Yes, that is true, here is the portion of the Forum Rules your post violated.

This forum and how it is moderated, is different than most all religious based forums on the internet so please read carefully.

If you are considering joining this forum before reading and studying  www.bible-truths.com, please reconsider.
It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

This is not the place to decide if you agree with the teaching of L.Ray Smith, but a place you can retreat to when you do.

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED TO DEBATE RELIGIOUS TOPICS

As moderators sometimes we must head things off before the conflict (which appears on the horizon) begins, this teaching you posted would have been contested and perhaps this thread would have descended into debate or worse.

I hope you understand.

Kat supplied a very good answer why don't we discuss what she presented?

No hard feelings.....

Joe

Imabeliever

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 12:51:59 AM »

I do remember what Ray said about this in his LOF series and that is part of the reason why I posted,I just figured that there was a little more to it, (i.e. man was created on the sixth day, that might be representative of one six), that sort of thing.  Then again that  might be just a number that God chose for us, simple as that, I just figured that there might be something else to it.  Thanks for the input if any other info comes up, I'm all ears!!  Keep in mind the BT forum posting rules,(just don't want any other posters to get in trouble, very sorry for that)!  God Bless! :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »

Hi Imabeliever,

There are no problems, hard feelings or anything like that due to your question, I know that enigmoxical was only trying to help with your question it is just that there are probably 666,000 answers out there to the number 666.

Well that was a slightly low estimate on my part, the actual Google hits are;

Results 1 - 10 of about 153,000,000 for 666. (0.11 seconds)

One hundred and fifty three million!  :o

That is a pretty high total, where would we draw the line on how many of these ideas we would give a podium to? That is one reason we do have certain rules in place.

What has been a major revelation for many of us is the fact that there is no "beast" or "antichrist" out there lurking and waiting to pounce that we need to fear, the beast/antichrist we should be very wary of is the one within all of us. This is what we (through the Spirit of Christ) should be seeking to overcome.

When we look outside for the source of our spiritual issues we are taking our eyes off of the target leaving ourselves open to deception, even from within.

Peace,

Joe

Longhorn

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »

The book of Revelations has and will continue to fill the pocket books-offering plates of modern day christendom.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Imabeliever

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »

I see where your coming from Joe! ;) Thank you. :)

tinknocker

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 02:20:08 AM »

We know by Ray's teaching the beast is us. We also know from Rays teaching that the number six represents man. Why repeat it 3 times is the question? I few days ago the beast rose up in me and I became angry at something that was said. At the time I was studing and this phrase keep coming up -Christ word Is, Was and Will be. Then this tought hit me "maybe the beast in us Is, Was, and will be as long as we are in this body." The beast is not totally destroyed untill this physical body is destroyed. If we have come to the realization we are the beast maybe this could be a warning to those given the eyes to see to beware. Just a thought.

tinknocker
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:22:06 AM by tinknocker »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 02:44:41 AM »

We know by Ray's teaching the beast is us. We also know from Rays teaching that the number six represents man. Why repeat it 3 times is the question? I few days ago the beast rose up in me and I became angry at something that was said. At the time I was studing and this phrase keep coming up -Christ word Is, Was and Will be. Then this tought hit me "maybe the beast in us Is, Was, and will be as long as we are in this body." The beast is not totally destroyed untill this physical body is destroyed. If we have come to the realization we are the beast maybe this could be a warning to those given the eyes to see to beware. Just a thought.

tinknocker

Three has to do with completion, often times that of spiritual things.

John 2:19 "Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Matthew 26:61 "And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days."

Mark 14:58 "We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands."

It is possible that the number is repeated three times, to show how spiritualy weak [spiritual beasts] humanity is.

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 03:00:57 AM »

Here i believe is a perfect (physical) example of the Beast in us in action. Is it not the things that
come out of us that defile and destroy when the beast is in control.

James Ch:3

1-My brothers, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2-For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also
to bridle the whole body.

3-Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4-Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned
about with a very small helm, wherever the governor wants.

5-Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasts great things.  Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindles!

6-And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body,
and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell (gehanna).

7-For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and has been tamed
of mankind:

8-But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9-Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10-Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not so to be.

11-Does a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12-Can the fig tree, my brothers, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13-Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him show out of a good conversation his works
with meekness of wisdom.

14-But if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15-This wisdom descends not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16-For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17-But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and
good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18-And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

With me in control i am totally lost already.

Lord Save Us destroy the beast within.

george.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 10:03:47 PM by aqr »

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 06:35:11 AM »

Hello, Interesting topic. For sure there are many antichrist. I was one for sure. Had to have God bring that physical house down. I was always trying to figure out who he might be. Wow, God showed me. He had been here for lots of years along with many others. I mean it was obvious to see what I thought was false religions, kept me from looking at me. I sure got a taste of humble pie there...he put me on the hot seat. He is taking me off my throne every day. Yep I was self-righteous. That was a lesson learned the hard way. But, now it is a blessing.
God Bless
Marlene

mharrell08

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 09:05:42 AM »

tinknocker

Great point Tinknocker...the book of Revelation is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, who is, was and will be. That makes all the signs and symbols of this book 'is, was, and will be.'

Excerpt from Lake of Fire #10 (http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html):

HIM WHICH IS, AND WHICH WAS, AND WHICH IS TO COME

When God wants to emphasis something, He repeats it. When He really wants to emphasize something, He repeats it again. When He really, really, really wants to emphasize something, He repeats it multiple times. Let’s count the times God uses this phrase:

"Him which IS, and which WAS, and which IS TO COME" Rev. 1:4).

"I AM alpha and Omega, the BEGINNING and the ENDING, which IS, and which WAS, and which IS TO COME" (Re. 1:8).
   3. "I am Alpha and Omega, the FIRST and the LAST" (Rev. 1:11).

4. "I am the FIRST and the LAST" (Rev. 1:17).

5. "I am He that LIVES, and WAS DEAD; and, behold, I AM ALIVE" "Rev. 1:18).

6. "the FIRST and the LAST, which was DEAD, and is ALIVE" (Rev. 2:8).

7. "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME" (Rev. 4:8).

8. "Oh Lord God Almighty, which ART, and WAS, and ARE TO COME" (Rev. 11:17).

9. "Thou art righteous, O Lord, which ARE, and WAS, and SHALL BE" (Rev. 16:5).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the BEGINNING and the END"

Jesus Christ is the BEGINNING and the END; He IS, WAS, and WILL BE. The book of Revelation is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, therefore, the book of Revelation tells us what "IS [or ARE], WAS, and WILL BE." Everything spoken to the churches is, was, and will be. But not everything that "is, and was," "will be" eternally.

Virtually everything in the Bible pertains to the ages [Greek: aions]. All of these ages will come to and end, as will some things that are only used during eonian times or the times contained in the ages.

One of the prime examples of something that is only used during the ages, is JUDGMENT. When judgment brings about righteousness among all mankind, judgment will become a thing of the past, never to be used in the Kingdom of God again. No, something's "will be" NO MORE. Not until later in the book of Revelation are we told of NEW things to come and OLD things that "will be" no more.

Thank and praise God that one day the most dreaded and painful things in the universe will be NO MORE:

"And God shall wipe away ALL TEARS from their eyes [no, there will be NO ONE in a fabled Christian hellhole of terror with tears running down their fire-scorched face for all eternity]; and there shall be NO MORE DEATH [not a first death, nor a second death, nor a spiritual death, nor any ‘death’ whatsoever, ‘the last enemy being ABOLISHED is DEATH,’ (I Cor. 15:26)], neither SORROW, nor CRYING, neither shall there be a ANY MORE PAIN: for the former things ARE PASSED AWAY" (Rev. 21:4)!

How many times must this verse be quoted before we actually believe it?

"And He that sat upon the throne said, ‘BEHOLD! I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW" (Verse 5)!

These are truly the most profound promises by God Almighty in the entirety of Scripture!

Let’s try reading a few verses together with this spiritual understanding of what is "spiritual," and what still, "is, was, and will be":

"The [spiritual] Revelation [that is, was, and will be] of [spiritual] Jesus Christ [who is, was, and will be], which God gave unto Him, to show unto His [spiritual] servants [which are were and will be] [spiritual] things [which are, were, and will be] which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and [spiritually] signified [what is, was, and will be] by His [spiritual] angel [which is, was, and will be] unto His [spiritual] servant [which is, was, and will be] John.

Who bare [spiritual] record of [what is, was, and will be] of the [spiritual] word [which is, was, and will be] of [spiritual] God [who is, was, and will be], and of the [spiritual] testimony [which is, was, and will be] of [spiritual] Jesus Christ [Who lives, was dead, and am alive; Who is, was, and will be; the Alpha and the Omega; the beginning and the end; Who is, was, and is to come], and of all [spiritual] things [which are, were, and will be], that he [spiritually] saw [things that are, and were, and will be].

[Spiritually] Blessed is he [who is, was, and will be] that [spiritually] reads [what is, was, and will be], and they that [spiritually] hear [what is, was, and will be] the [spiritual] words of this [spiritual] prophecy [which is, was, and will be], and [spiritually] keep those things [which are, were, and will be] which are [spiritually] written therein: for the [spiritual] time [that is, was, and will be] is [spiritually] at hand" (Rev. 1:1-3).

If anyone thinks this is funny, he is laughing at God, not at me. Once one thoroughly understands this spiritual truth of what is, was, and will be, it is not necessary to read the entire Book in the way I have stated it above. However, that is the truth of how this book must be understood.

But we read of no "Third Death." There is NO THIRD DEATH. Adam is called "the first man." Jesus is called "the second man." Therefore the "Second Death" is the culmination of ALL DEATH, seeing that

"The last enemy being abolished is DEATH," (I Cor. 15:26)

and,

"…there shall be NO MORE DEATH" (Rev. 21:5).

More on this later.

When we come to our study on Gehenna, hell, hades, unextinguishable fire, the furnace of fire, lake of fire, death, second death, etc., we will go into great detail explaining these things from the Scriptures. No Scripture on any of these subjects will be a problem for your understanding ever again.

And thus we, today, members of the Church of God of the Twenty-First Century, are to "…hear what the spirit says [not what the ‘spirit said,’ past tense only, as this is in the Greek aorist tense and is still ‘saying’ these same things to every generation] unto the churches."

If you can’t or won’t see this, then you probably need read no further. If you don’t understand what I have presented, then God has not opened your mind to the spiritual understanding of this Revelation prophecy, or all of Jesus’ parables, or all of the rest of the Bible.

Marques

Imabeliever

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 02:56:23 PM »

The is, was, and will be, really put things into perspective for me! I Never really thought about it like that before! I'm glad I can come to people of a like mind, When I have Questions about what I have learned here and will continue to learn here!  Thank you all, and God Bless! :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.