bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Time travel  (Read 16485 times)

AK4

Time travel
« on: October 02, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »

Just thinking out loud here

Has anyone ever noticed that the Word of God NEVER mentions or even hints at this.  This is probably the only thing that is never even hinted at in the Word.  Unless someone can think of a scripture that i havent noticed.

The closest i got is this:

Jer 13:23 - Show Context
Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Like i said in another thread before-- the Word has an answer for everything in life, to every question that man can think of, save...

1Co 2:9 - Show Context
However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--

But at least with this verse we are given little hints here and there, but nothing on time travel

Anyways

Anthony

musicman

Re: Time travel
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:24:06 AM »

That's because God never met Doc. Brown.  See, it was Doc. Brown that invented the flux capacitor.  Without this device, God just won't be able to correct His mistakes.  And besides, only the Doc. can really show God how to use such a device, correctly.  For instance, let's say God wanted to fix Adam and Eve's screw up at the garden.  No problem, says God.  I'll just steal Doc's Delorean, set it for late on day 6, drive the car at a speed of 88 miles an hour, track down Adam and Eve, and say "hey, I'm not kidding you two, don't!!, I repeat, don't!! eat out of that tree".  "That one, you see it? Hello, Adam? Eve? (God condescendingly knocks on their heads, irritating them.)  Got it?!!!"  Adam and Eve both say "yes".  "But God?. . . . .don't you see that there are two of you now?"  That's right, God would run into himself back in the garden.  There would be two God's in the garden, looking at each other.  All because he didn't listen to Doc. Brown's warning about how to use the time machine. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:30:28 AM by musicman »

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:25:53 AM »

That's because God never met Doc. Brown.  See, it was Doc. Brown that invented the flux capacitor.  Without this device, God just won't be able to correct His mistakes.  And besides, only the Doc. can really show God how to use such a device, correctly.  For instance, let's say God wanted to fix Adam and Eve's screw up at the garden.  No problem, says God.  I'll just steal Doc's Delorean, set it for late on day 6, drive the car at a speed of 88 miles an hour, track down Adam and Eve, and say "hey, I'm not kidding you two, don't!!, I repeat, don't!! eat out of that tree".  "That one, you see it? Hello, Adam? Eve? (God condescendingly knocks on their heads, irritating them."  Got it?!!!  Adam and Eve both say "yes".  "But God?. . . . .don't you see that there are two of you now?"  That's right, God would run into himself back in the garden.  There would be two God's in the garden, looking at each other.  All because he didn't listen to Doc. Brown's warning about how to use the time machine. 

I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering... :D

Marques

AK4

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 12:34:29 AM »

That's because God never met Doc. Brown.  See, it was Doc. Brown that invented the flux capacitor.  Without this device, God just won't be able to correct His mistakes.  And besides, only the Doc. can really show God how to use such a device, correctly.  For instance, let's say God wanted to fix Adam and Eve's screw up at the garden.  No problem, says God.  I'll just steal Doc's Delorean, set it for late on day 6, drive the car at a speed of 88 miles an hour, track down Adam and Eve, and say "hey, I'm not kidding you two, don't!!, I repeat, don't!! eat out of that tree".  "That one, you see it? Hello, Adam? Eve? (God condescendingly knocks on their heads, irritating them.)  Got it?!!!"  Adam and Eve both say "yes".  "But God?. . . . .don't you see that there are two of you now?"  That's right, God would run into himself back in the garden.  There would be two God's in the garden, looking at each other.  All because he didn't listen to Doc. Brown's warning about how to use the time machine. 

ROTFLOL

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:53:21 AM »

I time travel.
Times moves on into the future and takes me with it!
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

legoman

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:53:53 AM »

Glad to see I'm not the only one who grew up on Back to the Future...

musicman

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 01:57:37 AM »

The 80s, man!!

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »

The world's shortest Science fiction story: The world ended -  yesterday!

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »

Me and a co-worker saw this in our work storage area, we took a lot of pictures!!
Awesome!

Also time travel is just another free-will myth.
Enjoy the photo guys!
Antaiwan

P.S. I think I saw a flux capacity seating in the passenger seat.
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

WhoAmI

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:32:09 AM »

Mr 10:27 But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible."

Joh 6:64 "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.

Ec 3:1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
Ec 3:2 A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted;
Ec 3:3 A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up;
Ec 3:4 A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
Ec 3:5 A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
Ec 3:6 A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away;
Ec 3:7 A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
Ec 3:8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.

Ec 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.

Ec 3:14 I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 04:58:48 PM »

Time is an element of physical creation. God is outside of time. But God is the master of Space and Time

(Act 8:38)  And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

(Act 8:39)  And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away (seized)Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.  (Look at the map in the back of your Bible...why mention this )

(Act 8:40)  But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea. 

Jesus with the two on the road

(Luk 24:30)  And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and broke, and gave to them.

(Luk 24:31)  And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

and then later
(Luk 24:36)  And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Then John adds.

(Joh 20:19)  Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
(Joh 20:20)  And when he had so said, he showed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

and then he did it again

(Joh 20:26)  And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace, be unto you.

Why did His appearance change...he was seen as a gardner, a stranger by the two on the road and Peter a the gang did not recognize him on the shore as he talked with them.

In relation to time 

Jos 10:13  And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Did the physical sun not go down or did the "Light of God shine so brite to obscure the night?  see the next verse where God tells Isaiah of this

Isa 60:20  Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

But then here is another aspect

(2Ki 20:9)  And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?

(2Ki 20:10)  And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.

(2Ki 20:11)  And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

Did God rotate the earth or alter what they saw,

From God's point of view there is micro and macro environments of men.  

(2Pe 3:8)  But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Rev 22:10  And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Since God created time and space , it is His to do with it as He will

Beloved

OBrenda

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »

WoW...really enjoyed everything here!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »

That Delorean looks like it travelled back in time and got smashed by a wooly mammoth.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »

I am surprised at that question, the entire Scriptures is about time and space travel.
Just read it with some understanding of how God operates.

3 examples:

1. Before abraham was I Am.  :o

2. The Beginning and The End.  ::)

3. I am With You Always.  :'(

If these are not proof what is; the earth is supposed to be 4.5 billion years old.
The Creation 13 to 16.7 billion years old; if not time travel what?  ???

George.

mharrell08

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 06:19:24 PM »

Me and a co-worker saw this in our work storage area, we took a lot of pictures!!
Awesome!

Also time travel is just another free-will myth.
Enjoy the photo guys!
Antaiwan

P.S. I think I saw a flux capacity seating in the passenger seat.

How do we know that's the present-day Antaiwan? How do we know that you didn't travel to the past, have your past self (who was steeped in Babylon) steal the DeLorean, and come back to replace you?

As soon as you start talking about tithing 10% of our salary, soul winning, and going to hell, we'll know what happened. I'll have the mods watching you closely...whoever you are.  8)

Marques  ;D

Beloved

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 06:50:35 PM »

Fester  I am intrigued with your avitar and little quote.

Cannot figure it out and I am trying to put it togethere but it looks like some kind of guinea pig or  rabbit with a pancake on its head and it is wearing some kind of chasity belt.    ;D

Your remark about travel to the future made me remember something...if we are moving to the future then .......each of us have left a long "worm like " trail of atoms in space and time since we were born.  The earth has been rotating on its own axis and also moving around the sun and our galaxy moving in the milky way an on and on.

Beloved

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 10:57:14 PM »

Marques you will just have to trust that I am what I am!!LOL
Let the church say amen!! Will a man rob God?............ ;D
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

mharrell08

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 03:20:35 AM »

Marques you will just have to trust that I am what I am!!LOL
Let the church say amen!! Will a man rob God?............ ;D

I knew it!!!!!!  :D

Marques

Martinez

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 07:09:46 AM »

So many time in the past I wished I could have traveled back in time and undo all the stupid things that I've done, but I now know that I would just be undoing all God's handy work and His plan for my life.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't change anything because it could only be second best.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »

So many time in the past I wished I could have traveled back in time and undo all the stupid things that I've done, but I now know that I would just be undoing all God's handy work and His plan for my life.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't change anything because it could only be second best.

I agree with you, Martinez. I used to wish I could go back and change my life I have know so I wouldn't have all the hardships, but knowing what I know now I wouldn't change a thing. God's plan isn't finished yet so why should I change it midway through.

With God's love and understanding,
                                                              Pam
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.