bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Time travel  (Read 16476 times)

Samson

Re: Time travel
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »

So many time in the past I wished I could have traveled back in time and undo all the stupid things that I've done, but I now know that I would just be undoing all God's handy work and His plan for my life.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't change anything because it could only be second best.

Hey Martinez,

I've often felt like you do in the above. Although we can't go back in time driving the Delorean to undo the stupid things we have done and said, God will undo them for us and clean us up.

Also, I love Science Fiction, there was a show from the 1960's called TIME TUNNEL, that I enjoyed to watch.

Samson.

Beloved

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »

Not me, I am where I am right now because God planned for everyhting that has happened to me.

(Psa 139:2)  Thou, hast observed my downsitting and mine uprising, Thou hast given heed to my desire, from afar:

(Psa 139:3)  My path and my couch, hast thou examined, and, all my ways, thou well knowest.

(Psa 139:4)  Surely there hath not been a word on my tongue, but behold! O Yahweh, thou hast observed it on every side.

(Psa 139:5)  Behind and before, hast thou shut me in, and hast laid upon me thy hand:-
(Psa 139:6)  Knowledge, too wonderful, for me! high, I cannot attain to it!

(Psa 139:7)  Whither can I go from thy spirit? or whither, from thy face, can I flee?

(Psa 139:8)  If I ascend the heavens, there, thou art! If I spread out hades as my couch, behold thee!

(Psa 139:9)  If I mount the wings of the dawn, settle down in the region beyond the sea,

(Psa 139:10)  Even there, thy hand shall lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
(Psa 139:11)  If I say, Surely, darkness, shall cover me! then, night, is light about me.

(Psa 139:12)  Even darkness, will not conceal from thee,-but, night, like day, will shine, So is the darkness, as the light!

(Psa 139:13)  For, thou, didst possess thyself of my reins, thou didst weave me together in the womb of my mother.

(Psa 139:14)  I thank thee, in that fearfully was my being distinguished, Wonderful are thy works, and, mine own soul, is observing them intently!

(Psa 139:15)  My substance was not hid from thee,-when I was made in secret, when I was skilfully figured in the lower parts of the earth.

(Psa 139:16)  Mine unfinished substance, thine eyes beheld, and, in thy book, all the parts thereof were written,-the days they should be fashioned! while yet there was not one among them.

(Psa 139:17)  To me, then, how precious have thy desires become, O GOD! How numerous, the heads of them!

beloved

AK4

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »

I am surprised at that question, the entire Scriptures is about time and space travel.
Just read it with some understanding of how God operates.

3 examples:

1. Before abraham was I Am.  :o

2. The Beginning and The End.  ::)

3. I am With You Always.  :'(

If these are not proof what is; the earth is supposed to be 4.5 billion years old.
The Creation 13 to 16.7 billion years old; if not time travel what?  ???

George.

Sorry i wasnt specific enough.  The ability to travel back in time--the only way we can actually do this is by reading His Word but to actually be able to do it is not mentioned

And i agree with some of the posts here--if we could i wouldnt want to change a thing.

aqrinc

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 09:02:14 PM »

We do not yet have that ability, but God does since He is not tied to time.
If You are the Beginning and The End and Are Spirit what is the limit.
Physical versus Spiritual we (Believers) are in transition and will be Like
Christ who is the Same As The Father.

The reason for my previous post is to show that even though it is not
explicitly stated in any scripture, the big bang is also not explicitly stated.

George.

Martinez

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 09:55:50 PM »

You know, I'm not sure time even exists.

I think "time" is just man's way of measuring the ordering things, that is, putting the things that have happened and will happen into a specific order.

Just because things seem to happen in a specific order that seems to imply "time" doesn't necessarily mean that there is "time" and maybe that is what makes time travel impossible because "time" doesn't really exist, and if it doesn't really exist, that would certainly explain why We have not control over it.

Maybe since time doesn't really exist, it isn't time that makes things happen in order at all but God who cause's things to happen in order.

Maybe that is why people have such a hard time understanding how God See's the beginning from the end, because He doesn't see it in the context of "time" because it is Him causing things to occur in a given order.

Maybe God is not constrained by "time" because "time doesn't exist!

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 10:04:29 PM »

God is Not constrained by time because He Exists Out of time. All came out of Him, He did not come out of All.

Geo.

I think "time" is just man's way of measuring the ordering things, that is, putting the things that have happened and will happen into a specific order.

Just because things seem to happen in a specific order that seems to imply "time" doesn't necessarily mean that there is "time" and maybe that is what makes time travel impossible because "time" doesn't really exist, and if it doesn't really exist, that would certainly explain why We have not control over it.

Maybe since time doesn't really exist, it isn't time that makes things happen in order at all but God who cause's things to happen in order.

Maybe that is why people have such a hard time understanding how God See's the beginning from the end, because He doesn't see it in the context of "time" because it is Him causing things to occur in a given order.

Richard D

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »

Anthony

I think this scripture might be referring to time travel. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord………….LOL…….I thought I would have some fun wit this too.  :)

In His Love. Richard. 

AK4

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 12:23:30 AM »

God is Not constrained by time because He Exists Out of time. All came out of Him, He did not come out of All.

Geo.

Not to be argumentative, but i think "God is Not constrained by time because He Exists Out of time." is another one of those babylon teachings that doesnt fit scripture.  Its always referred to as ages (beginning) or some kind of time period when it is applied to Jesus (not everlasting), now to the Father i do not know.  I guess you could say before the Father formed Jesus/Jehovah there was no time--Just my guess there, but when applied to Jesus/Jehovah there is always some kind of connection with time.

Anthony

Kat

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 01:06:24 AM »

I have enjoyed the humor in the idea of time travel, but on a serious note.
I think God has given us the precept of time so that the squences of the physical can be understood.  We are born, grow old and die, this is life, a squence in time.  Time gives us a prespective on the order of things that so we can learn from our experiences, we remember pass events as something that has already happened.  We know we are now in the present, not pass or future, it is a concept of the mind/intellect.  So time works to give us an order to the events we experience, but I think it serves a physical purpose only.

In the realm of the third heaven there would be no time, Because God bridges the gap of time, He is the "I Am."  God is able to see the end from the beginning, He describe Himself as "The One who is and who was and who is to be."

It is quite difficult to imagine being in the realm of timelessness, isn't that what the kingdom will be like.

Here is an analogy Ray uses.

If you want to come up with an analogy of where God is in His own realm, as far as time goes.  The closes physical analogy you could come up with is a circle.  Not starting back there and going this way, that way is the past and this way is the future.  Now if the realm of eternity is as a circle, can somebody point to where eternity begins on a circle?  Can anyone show me, on this circle, where eternity ends?  You can’t, can you.
Now I’ll give you another little mind boggler, not only can you not show me where it begins or where it ends, I’m telling you it has no beginning and it has no end.  It doesn’t move in a circle, it is a circle.  Therefore time has nothing to do with eternity.  Even your dictionaries most of them, not all, say eternity is an endless period.  Eternity has nothing to do with time, time starts here and goes to there.  Eternity is like a circle,  you can’t find the beginning and you can’t find the end.  Because it has no beginning and it has no end.  Therefore in that sense a circle is ultimate truth.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3720.0 ----

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Martinez

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 01:34:18 AM »

Maybe the difference between existence here and in "eternity" is that there is no such thing as corruption, decay and death.

I mean really think about it, what would be the difference between living in a world with "time" and world outside of "time", I mean really, what would you notice?

Things wouldn't really change from a perspective of things getting older and decaying.

Let me point out that I'm only throwing around ideas, this isn't some little doctrine of mine.

The thing is though that the whole God existing outside of time and indeed the whole time thing itself is based on conventional wisdom which does make me extremely suspicious of it!

I guess the question here is, if God is sovereign, just how sovereign is He?

musicman

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 02:03:38 AM »

Well, I heard that god tried to invent the flux capacitor.  Instead, he accidentally invented. . . . the um. . . . . flux. . . . decatheter.

aqrinc

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 02:15:57 AM »

Wrong Paleface (To borrow from Ray) joyful1 invented the flux de~capacitor decatheter).
At least that is what i learned from the last trip in the September 20th Teleportation device
when Joyce allowed the Fusactor to overcharge.  :o

Geo.  ???

Well, I heard that god tried to invent the flux capacitor.  Instead, he accidentally invented. . . . the um. . . . . flux. . . . decatheter.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 03:46:17 PM »

Somebody posted a time lapse pic of the night sky recently.  Looked at from that perspective, there wasn't much darnkess at all.

Time is relative to position, and all of us have experienced the apparent slow or fast movement of time.  IT may be constant, but the way we experience it is anything but.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

KristaD

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 04:41:54 PM »

Time is just a measurement that we use, it's not a physical thing that you can touch, interact with or manipulate in any way.
We have hours and days and weeks and months etc. but they are (like dave said) relative to where we are. A day on another planet is not the same as a day on earth.

aqrinc

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »

ok it's sunday 11:46 am on earth and tuesday 3:72on jupiter, what day and time is it
on pluto and where is phoebe's 3rd moon? Ok saturn's farthest moon.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:41:21 PM by aqr »

Beloved

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 05:18:26 PM »

For a planet It depends on its size and spin. The time it takes a planet to revolve on itself determines the time in one day. Then if you devide into 4 sectors and then do that two more times, you get 12 sectors..a hour. You cannot really compare planets based on only one clock, if you do it time is relative.

From another perspective time seems to go by differently at different times in life.

For a 4 yr child a month can seem like forever. It is 1/48 of its present life, a year is 1/4 of their life.. Younger children do not have any concept of time and hour can seem like an awful long time. With a baby, one minute from when they decde they are hungry a minute is like eternity.

If you are fifty yrs old, a year is 1/50th of their life , a month will seem to be getting shorter too as we age, woops there goes another one  ;D,  for that person 1 month is only 1/600 of their life...so you see the month hasn't changed just the person's perspective....time is relative and as you age, time can fly.

beloved

beloved   

aqrinc

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 05:54:21 PM »

Ok, but where is phoebe's third moon. Beloved that was a great answer now find the moon please.

::)  :-* geo.

Beloved

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 06:54:53 PM »

I am not sure what you are talking about , third moon? did you look under the bed?

Phoebe is one of the moons of Saturn...look at her

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060212.html

Moons do not have moons.  She has had too many "moons" run into her..look what one big one did, she lopsided now.

The poor thing, she is going to be so full of inpact craters there will be very little of her mantel left.  She is going to be pulverized if she stays in saturn with all of that debris.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 07:49:13 PM »

That is why i have not been able to find Her, wrong planet and timeline.

LOL, geo.

Martinez

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 05:37:51 PM »

The funny thing that someone pointed out to me once about conventional time travel ideas, is that even if you did mangage to make time travel work, if you didn't work out where the earth was in space at that particular time, you would appear somewhere in outer space because the earth doesn't stay in the same place, it moves around the sun.

But no one ever seems to think about that!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.