bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time travel  (Read 16484 times)

aqrinc

Re: Time travel
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008, 05:45:41 PM »

No problem work it out before you leave, get a map or buy a gps system.

Geo.

Vangie

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »

Did anyone read "A Wrinkle in Time" the children's book when they were young?  I remember in the story, time travel was called a tesseract.  That was a pretty cool book as I remember it.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

aqrinc

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 01:29:59 AM »

Excerpt from (A Wrinkle in Time)

Mrs Whatsit, Mrs Who, and Mrs Which turn out to be transcendental beings who transport Meg, Charles Wallace,
and Calvin through the galaxy by means of tesseract, a fifth dimensional concept which is explained as being similar
to folding the fabric of space and time. The "Mrs W's" reveal to the children that the galaxy is under attack from a
dark cloud, which is the visible manifestation of evil. Meg's missing father was working on a secret government project
to achieve faster-than-light travel by tesseract, and accidentally wound up on Camazotz, an alien planet inside the
"Black Thing". The children also discover that Earth is partially covered by the darkness, although great religious figures,
philosophers, and artists are fighting against it. They also learn that Mrs Whatsit was a star who exploded in an act of
self-sacrifice to fight the darkness.

Cute & Wrinkled Time, Geo.

Did anyone read "A Wrinkle in Time" the children's book when they were young?  I remember in the story, time travel was called a tesseract.  That was a pretty cool book as I remember it.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

AK4

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 09:45:15 AM »

Ahh I love it when God gives me an "eureka" moment...

luke 9:62 Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

and

Matt 9:16 No man putteth a piece of new  cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse. 17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles:  else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved

Well these verses arent directly stating time travel but its close enough.  It also reminds of the Lots wife looking back.

Anthony

Vangie

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »

Hmmm, interesting correlation Anthony.   :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.