bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I or should I not?  (Read 6497 times)

Richard D

Should I or should I not?
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:23:48 AM »

What’s a Christians responsibility concerning voting?  Do we have scriptures that say yeah or nay?   :-\

mharrell08

Re: Should I or should I not?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 01:42:21 AM »

Hello Richard,

Here are scriptures for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear:

1 John 2
 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 4
 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Hope this helps,

Marques

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 01:53:32 AM »

Regardless of who is the next leader, it is God's will.  And since that happens through voting only, I would have to say that God will cause voters to vote a certain way or not at all, and the end result will be part of the plan.  Therefore, God will cause you to do whatever it is he wants from you.

Eileen

musicman

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 01:55:24 AM »

I think He's gonna cause me to vote.

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 01:55:38 AM »

Richard - one can find scripture that seems to support both sides of the argument, or question. An internet search provided me with scriptures against voting and for voting. My best answer is MU, which means unask the question. Mu does not mean yes, no, or maybe (depending on the circumstances). Mu means the question probably should not be asked at this time. This thread has the potential to cause a lot of dissension amongst the members of the forum.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 02:12:57 AM »

If I was your Lord, I'd tell you to...

...ask me again November 9th.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 02:30:01 AM »

Dave in Tenn. - do you think it might take 5 days to decide the winner. The election is on 11/04/08, however if goes like the 2000 election we might not know till January.  I wished I lived in Tenn. Florida is too hot most of the year. Thank you.

musicman

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 02:38:04 AM »

You from Palm Beach County Doug?  Was you wanna them that couldn't read the ballot right and . . . . . . . . .

Never mind!!

WhoAmI

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 02:57:30 AM »

Hey Doug,

You wrote: "An internet search provided me with scriptures against voting and for voting."

The scriptures can't contradict.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:15:51 AM »

I wasn't sure what date it was...just knew it couldn't be later than the 8th.  First Tuesday after the first monday, if I remember my 5th grade civics.   ;D

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 03:58:28 AM »

Richard D,

Here is an email reply from Ray on this topic.  Of course, no one can tell you what to do, it is a matter of your own conscience.  I personally agree with Ray.

René

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7290.0.html

Voting?

Ray, should we as believers waste our time voting. If every thing happens according to Gods plan, does it even matter. I haven't voted for a candidate since Reagan. Instead I find myself voting for the lesser of two evils. And in the end we seem to always head down the same path of morale decline and national self destruction. Does my vote even matter. Should I vote for a person simply to keep the more corrupt person from obtaining office.

Thanks Billy

Seriously, Billy, do you think that had Jesus lived in a democracy He would have voted for "the lesser of two evils?"
There's your answer.
God be with you,
Ray

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 05:11:25 AM »

Hey Doug,

You wrote: "An internet search provided me with scriptures against voting and for voting."

The scriptures can't contradict.

WhoamI - you are right the scriptures can not contradict each other, however mankind can, and does, twist the meaning of scriptures around to suit whose ever argument they want the scriptures to support.

Chris R

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »

Hiya folks,

Political discussion is not what this forum is about, Please refrain from posting on this subject

Thanks a bunch!

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.