bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I’ve been deceived big time!!!  (Read 11484 times)

Richard D

I’ve been deceived big time!!!
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:48:29 AM »

I’m thinking now, God is going to destroy the world but this is symbolic language. What is God going to destroy, it’s the political, social and economic order of the world.

I’m starting to get some great insight, I’m wondering, should we be trusting God for our next meal? Or our bank accounts?

I trusted the church to make sure I got saved but now I’m looking back.
I trusted politicians to make sure things went right but now I’m looking back.
I trusted in the social order for all it had to offer but now I’m looking back.

I’m looking at Wall Street, I’m looking at the world economy but now I’m looking back.
I’m standing on the sands of the sea, but now I’m looking back at me!  ???

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I’ve been deceived big time!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »

I'm starting to get some great insight, I'm wondering, should we be trusting God for our next meal? Or our bank accounts?

Richard D,

I certainly hope so!  Who else should you be trusting?

Psalm 146:3-4 - "Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation, When his breath departs he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish."

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make straight your paths."

René

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »

I hope you put your trust in God my friend!
We have all been deceived at some point in our lives, we have all come out of the apostate church.
I was just as blind and were all still learning, but I believe you have found a good place to grow(in this forum and among its members)
A lot of wise council around here, seek it out.

Isa 12:2  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

My two and half cents worth
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »

I believe if a person has a job and a good size bank account it’s very easy to trust God. You must agree. But where would you’re trust be if you discovered today, you no longer have a job?

What if all the financial institutions where you’re money is invested or banked were to go broke?

Trusting God does not happen overnight, it takes time in a relationship right?

Samson

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 10:41:31 AM »

I'm starting to get some great insight, I'm wondering, should we be trusting God for our next meal? Or our bank accounts?

Richard D,

I certainly hope so!  Who else should you be trusting?

Psalm 146:3-4 - "Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation, When his breath departs he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish."

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make straight your paths."

René

Good Morning Richard,

I just woke up and began to drink my first cup of coffee and immediately saw your name and Topic;  ;) and the first Scripture that entered my drowsy mind was the one above that Rene mentioned, Proverbs. 3:5,6 and the other one at Psalms is a great one. Read it, learn it and if it's Gods Will---LIVE IT.

Apparently the only one we can fully trust is from the invisible Realm, even though us Fleshly Creatures, mean well;  ;)

Kind Regards, Samson.

P.S. Just be Thankfull that God has provided Ray and our Moderators to help guide us guide our steps.  :)

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »

Good morning Samson.

I’m looking at it like this…….In that day He shall say get to my left you workers of iniquity for I never knew you…… Are these not people who believed in God? Have they not trusted God? Yes, as far as they are concerned they did.

They really trusted that they were doing all these things! Is it not possible to believe we trust God but in spiritual reality we have not?

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »

Those with a Job & a good size bank account may be trusting in their bank account.
Or like Joesph God warned & prepaired for the famine that was to come, and because he stored up the grain eygpt did not starve.

I've known Christians whom make 6 figures, and feel very spiritual when they say "I don't make any decisions based on money"  "You can not Love both God & Money"  They do not save or invest, that would be not trusting God and look down at others who do.

Although they are dear to me, they are also often minutes from being homeless, requiring others around them to aquire debt to keep them going.  So far God has had others that make far less than half of what they do, save their bacon.  So God has been faithful & merciful to them through others, they think are less spiritually minded about money.   
 ???

Trusting God does not happen overnight, it takes time in a relationship right?

Amen & Yes.....Richard I agree
Brenda

Who has less of a carnal mind/ego the man driving down the street in a Lexus, or the one riding a bike? 

Samson

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 11:46:06 AM »

Hello Brenda,

Great Post ! I know a few people like the ones you mentioned, don't save, don't invest, down to the last penny, saying their trusting in God and presto, they seek financial help from others, at the spur of the moment, yes indeed.

Kind Regards, Samson.

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »

They really trusted that they were doing all these things! Is it not possible to believe we trust God but in spiritual reality we have not?

Hello Richard,

To believe in God is to believe in all that God says He is. They don't believe in God no matter how much they say they do. It has not been given to them to understand. So therefore, it is impossible for them to believe.

Marques

Richard D

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »

Hello, Brenda, Samson and  Marques.

What I’m saying is maybe belief is one think but trust is another thing. For example, it is written that who so ever ask for forgiveness He is faithful to forgive.

I believed that scripture for years, O.K. fine. But did I really trust He would forgive me. I think there is a difference there.

How can I trust God will save me from drowning unless I’m drowning and God saves me?
How can one know if they really trust God?

After all, they thought they trusted God also, did they not? But unto them He said Get to my left I never knew you.

dogcombat

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »

Richard,

Interesting question.  I've been one to believe that TRUST is the fruit of a relationship.  The seed of that trust is FAITH, which comes from one source... GOD.  God is the one who calls us, and thus sows the seed that will bring the fruit of trust.  Ephesians 2:8-11 come to mind:

8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Thus where there is no trust, there's no relationship.  You can't get the gist of God's blessings until you get to know God by following Christ first.  Since, faith is His seed being sown in us.  We will learn patience because seeds TAKE TIME TO GROW.  We've all been deceived into thinking with vanity that we can make it on our own without God.  The Truths SHOWS us WE CAN'T do so.  We just didn't recognize it.

(John 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. )

We can only learn to trust when God has brought us to depend ONLY on Him.  I hope this doesn't confuse you.  Sorry, I tend to ramble a lot.

Ches

Richard D

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »

Ches.

Thank you for you’re response to my post. You did not confuse me, I believe every response helps us all in every post.

What I’m trying to understand is why did these whom Jesus says (get to my left I never knew you) why did they honestly believe they knew Jesus but Jesus says He never knew them?

So, I see it’s possible to think we are trusting God but in reality we may be deceiving ourselves. After all, they really believe they were not being deceived.

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 01:39:20 PM »

Ches.

Thank you for you’re response to my post. You did not confuse me, I believe every response helps us all in every post.

What I’m trying to understand is why did these whom Jesus says (get to my left I never knew you) why did they honestly believe they knew Jesus but Jesus says He never knew them?

So, I see it’s possible to think we are trusting God but in reality we may be deceiving ourselves. After all, they really believe they were not being deceived.

From Lake of Fire series no. 10:

SATAN DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD

"And the GREAT DRAGON was cast out, that OLD SERPENT, called THE DEVIL, and SATAN [Heb: Adversary], which DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD and he was cast out into THE EARTH, and his angels were cast out with him" (Rev. 12:9).

Hardly a person alive would admit to being deceived by Satan the devil, and yet God tells us that Satan, "deceives the WHOLE WORLD." The "whole world." Isn’t that just about everybody? Well, who pray tell, are NOT deceived? Answer: "The very elect" (Matt. 24:24). And how many is that? Answer: "Few" (Matt. 20:16). Who are the "Few?" Answer: "He that overcomes" (Rev. 3:21). Overcomes what? Answer: The same thing that Jesus overcame—"the world" (John 16:33). "The World?" Could you be a little more specific? Answer:

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is NOT in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is NOT of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15:16).

And so it is that Satan always shows up when it’s dinnertime. But Satan is like a voracious lion who seem to never get enough to eat.

When Satan is not walking to and fro up and down in the earth, does he have a home, a throne of power, a seat, a workshop, a business address, a dwelling place? As a matter of fact, he does.

Satan’s sphere of influence is not that different than say the president of a great nation such as the United States. Our president’s ‘throne,’ if you will, is located in Washington D.C., although he is at home anywhere in America. But his influence doesn’t stop with Americans—he uses the power of our nation anywhere it is needed, as he has recognition, power, and influence all over the world. The same is true of Satan. Satan’s throne is at a specific location. From there he resides in a much larger arena of control and domain. And from that grant system of power, he influences the powers of the whole world.

Richard, I suggest reading through the LOF series again and again and again if necessary. Sometimes it takes time and study to come across these truths. We can't expect a simple answer all the time. All the members can continue to post many, many scriptures and/or excerpts from Ray's teachings but if this is an issue you have not yet understood, then it has not been given YET.

Marques

Richard D

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »

Marques

So these people who thought they knew Jesus even though Jesus did not deny what they proclaimed they had done in His name still had the love for the world in their hearts.

And this is why Christ said I never knew you because they were not converted and were trying to obtain salvation by there own righteousness not having the righteousness of Christ.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:57:50 PM by Richard D »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »

Ches.

Hi Richard,

Just by virtue of you asking this question and are not complacent in your spiritual walk speaks volumes. When reading the scriptures you see a certain arrogance the Pharisees possessed, they knew it all, did not need guidance and depended on what they did or did not do. We know that it is God who does all the doing and we need His Spirit of Truth to guide us every step of the way. We do not "arrive" at a point in this walk where we get it all in this life.

We see this same (Pharisee) attitude in many today, both in and out of the denominations, try convincing them otherwise and you really begin to see God's strong delusion at work. (Read 2Thes. Chapter 2)

If indeed any of us aspire to or are of the elect there is a promise that should give comfort;

Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mar 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

His Peace (and patience) to you Brother,

Joe

Richard D

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »

Joe.

Thank you for responding to my post as it’s always appreciated. I was wondering about that scripture and now I understand why Jesus says what he said to these people.

I do believe God lead me to Ray’s papers and this forum. Out of the thousands of Christian sites on line that believe in the hell doctrine it’s no accident I found this site within two tries.

God teaches us all in different ways, this I believe. The small questions I ask God always gives me the increase. But none the less its God’s way of teaching me to be fully confident in Him.

If I look back I see where God has brought me, when I look forward I feel like a blind man. I guess it’s like that, I can always see what God has done in my life but can never see what he’s doing in my life at the time.

I don’t know if what I say makes sense or if this is just how God operates with me. In the end, for me, it’s all about trust. Maybe that’s all God wants, is for us to jus simply trust in Him.

In His Love. You’re friend and brother. Richard.

Marlene

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 03:28:43 AM »

Richard, I can certainly see like you do. When, we look at the past we can see what god has done. After, we look at the past and see what he has brought us out of is certainly, something that aids our trusting him. Life walking with the Lord is  a Journey from the past, present, and future. Its the path he has taken us on. Well, certainly for all of us on here who sees the truth it has now become our present. The future is staying in the race and holding to the truth and never looking back to the lies we once believed. Every time you post it seems you make me think. You are a blessing. I like looking at the present now cause I know who is going to bring be through the race.
Love In Christ
Marlene

James

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 05:38:48 AM »

I believe Jesus was talking to the religious people, the "blind guides" of that day.  Those that told others what to do (based only on the letter of the Law and their corruption of it) but didn't do it themselves, but STILL had a pious, judgemental attitude towards others.  Those folks were about to lose their special place of inheritance when their religious system crashed down around their ears (destruction of Jeruselam, 70 A.D.), and we (Gentiles/pagans) were grafted into the Kingdom in their place (temporarily...all Israel shall be saved, the veil will be lifted).  I believe there are many lessons there for us, humility, trust in God's grace through Jesus and not in our own works, loving and not judging our fellow man, etc.  However, I believe he was specifically talking to them. 

Jesus has come to us, Emmanuel (God WITH us), by His grace we are saved, and we can cry to Him "Abba" (Daddy) and we can now approach God with Jesus interceding on our behalf, with a relationship as loving Father and dependent child.  Everyone will someday be able to approach God in this way, including the Jews that rejected Him, when they are finally allowed to see Him as the Messiah, the Christ that He now is to us.  Brother Richard, God's punishments are corrective, and He will give us what we need...including the very faith and trust He desires us to have, because without His empowerment we can do nothing.  For it's in Him we live and move and have our being, Acts 17:28. 

Thank you for your pure, open, honest heart Richard.  It's OK to feel like we don't "have it all together".  When we are weak, it's then that His strength is even more apparent.  And His grace is sufficient.  God's blessing, James.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:40:17 AM by James »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 10:29:05 AM »

I believe Jesus was talking to the religious people, the "blind guides" of that day.  Those that told others what to do (based only on the letter of the Law and their corruption of it) but didn't do it themselves, but STILL had a pious, judgemental attitude towards others.  Those folks were about to lose their special place of inheritance when their religious system crashed down around their ears (destruction of Jeruselam, 70 A.D.), and we (Gentiles/pagans) were grafted into the Kingdom in their place (temporarily...all Israel shall be saved, the veil will be lifted).  I believe there are many lessons there for us, humility, trust in God's grace through Jesus and not in our own works, loving and not judging our fellow man, etc.  However, I believe he was specifically talking to them. 

Hi James,

Good comments, however there are plenty of "blind guides" today that Jesus is still talking about.  Here is an excerpt from one of Ray's paper:

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!"
[Meet the Real Jesus Many Hate]

The title of this paper is taken from the very words of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, spoken to the Scribes and Pharisees in Jerusalem. Let’s take a Scriptural look at a side of Jesus that most Christians will not believe, even when they see Him in their own Bibles.

Who were the Scribes and Pharisees?

The Pharisees were not the priests, but rather people from all walks of life who were very pious and strict keepers of the Law of Moses. They constantly adjusted the Law to fit the changing world according to their traditions and own desires. Among the more educated of the Pharisees were the Scrible and the rulers of the Jews: "In the modern sense they [the Scribes] were the religious scholars or theologians … sometimes called lawyers … or teachers of the law …could make judicial decisions based on Scriptural exegesis, occupied important positions in the Sanhedrin … played a major role in bringing on the crucifixion of Jesus" and they "mainly belonged to the party of the Pharisees" (WYCLIFFE Bible Dictionary, p. 1536).

René

James

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 04:03:02 PM »

Thanks Rene.  Yes, although I believe Jesus was speaking to those in that day, at that time, since He said He came to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, as I stated, there are plenty of lessons in there for us today as well.  I agree that the pharisees and the pharisaic spirit is something for us all to watch out for, and especially the "blind guides" of mainstream today.  God's blessings, James. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.