bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My mom has passed away.  (Read 11214 times)

gmik

My mom has passed away.
« on: October 03, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »

Just wanted to let my forum family know that my mom has died this morning.  She has had Alzheimers and was in a nursing home for a year.  We are sad, but glad her ordeal is over.
I pray I can be of some use during the next few days of family, viewing, and funeral.
I can't stand everyone saying "she is in a better place, seeing all her loved ones, w/ Jesus, etc etc".  Hope I know when to speak and when to keep silent.
Thank you all for your prayers and love at this time!
gena

frecklegirl417

Re: My mom has passed away.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »

:'( I will have you in my prayers during this trying time for you. I think it would be hard for me to keep silent to when I would have to hear all that.

With you in prayers,
                                                         Pam

firefly77

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 02:52:10 PM »

Hi Gena,
Thinking of you and praying for your peace, comfort, and strength as well as God's tangible presence during this time of loss.

Angie

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »

Hey Gina,
Your in my prayers,
My brother died last year and I went through the same ordeal about family members saying all kinds of things.
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Patrick

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

Gena, thanks for letting us know.
Keep the Faith, and seek His guidance.
I spoke up with my actions, not words, and went outside when a poem was passed around to the family about the deceased hunting and fishing in heaven. I was confronted; and of course my "smart" mouth asked about how the animals must feel about being killed in that heaven. ::)
It got more ugly at that point.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:21:55 PM by Patrick »

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 03:17:06 PM »

Gena,
Praying for Comfort & Wisdom as you will miss your Mom. We are here for you, a safe place!
Gentle Hugs,
Brenda

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 04:44:12 PM »

Gena

I’m sadden to hear of you’re lost Gena I’ve been through it with both my parents, my heart goes out to you sister. At least you know the truth and one day will be united through out the ages.

I pray that God comforts you in you’re time of sorrows.
In God we trust. In His Love. You’re friend and Brother Richard.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »

Hi Gena,

I know it is a sad thing to lose a loved one and dealing with family doesn't make it any easier.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Samson

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »

Just wanted to let my forum family know that my mom has died this morning.  She has had Alzheimers and was in a nursing home for a year.  We are sad, but glad her ordeal is over.
I pray I can be of some use during the next few days of family, viewing, and funeral.
I can't stand everyone saying "she is in a better place, seeing all her loved ones, w/ Jesus, etc etc".  Hope I know when to speak and when to keep silent.
gena

Dear Gena,

My deepest Sympathy for the loss of your Mother. I know of what you are saying in regards to the expected responses from Family members, forgive them, for they know not what they say.

Also, just a suggestion, if I may, perhaps you might respond by saying: It's nice to know that eventually, ALL of us will be with her, as God has planned and according to his Will, because he Loves her, just like he Loves ALL of us.

Sorry, if thats not what you wanted to hear, but sometimes when a Loved one dies and we attend their Funeral, others may say things we don't want to hear.

May the peace of God that excels all thought, guard your heart and mind during this Sad time.

In Gods Love, Samson.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  It's wonderful that you are at peace both in the natural and spiritual understanding.  God bless you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cherokee

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 06:36:45 PM »

Will keep you and yours in my prayers Gena.

Peace,
Suzie

Vangie

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 06:45:26 PM »

Gena,
I can only echo the others here who love you.  I'm so sorry for your loss and am praying Christ's strength and peace comfort you as you go through this trial.

Love,
Vangie
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 06:52:07 PM by Vangie »

Beloved

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:30 PM »

Gina sorry to hear of your loss of your mother.

Keep your eyes on the Morning Star and rest on His promise....that All will be in All.

beloved

youthfortruth

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »

gena

Gena,

My deepest condolences go out to you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you for the strong attitude your able to maintain despite the tragic news.

Stay strong!

-Andrew

CEO

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 07:38:10 PM »

Gena

I thank our Heavenly Father for giving us understanding of death and soul sleep and resurrection to undergird us as we go through this grieving.  I am sorry.

Charles O

LittleBear

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

Gena, sister,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. My heart goes out to you and your family.
((((((((HUG))))))))
Love,
Ursula

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 11:13:19 PM »

Hi Gena,

I was just thinking about you and your mother last night.  My condolences to you and your family.

We are at least blessed to know the truth of the state of the dead which should be of some comfort to you at this time, although we still grieve from the loss of that person in our lives in this life time. 

You are blessed to have Jerry to lean on and he on you.  I pray that you both will to be a "light" to your other family members.

René

Robin

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:01 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss Gena.

I find so much peace in Ray's teaching on death. I didn't have those lessons when my father died. It's still very hard to lose our parents.

Lots of hugs and prayers.

MG

Linny

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 12:50:32 AM »

Gena,
So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in April and although it was very tough keeping my mouth shut, I did it successfully.  :-X
I think it made a difficult time much easier for all concerned in my case.

I not only disagreed with my BIL's funeral "sermon" but with my sister's prayer at the closing and with the thank you notes she wrote for all of us to sign!  :o ::)

May you find added peace to get you through and I will say this. If God leads you to speak, DO SO!

Everyone's experience and situation is unique to them.

Bless you!
Lin

musicman

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 12:58:52 AM »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  Alzeimers is a terrible disease.  Best wishes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.