bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dooms Day Lawsuit  (Read 5283 times)

Douglas Wayne Thomas

Dooms Day Lawsuit
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:44:29 AM »

Has anyone been following the news about the LHC and the lawsuits to try and stop scientists from using the machine?

The builders of the world's biggest particle collider are being sued in federal court over fears that the experiment might create globe-gobbling black holes or never-before-seen strains of matter that would destroy the planet.

Representatives at Fermilab in Illinois and at Europe's CERN laboratory, two of the defendants in the case, say there's no chance that the Large Hadron Collider would cause such cosmic catastrophes. Nevertheless, they're bracing to defend themselves in the courtroom as well as the court of public opinion.

The Large Hadron Collider, or LHC, is due for startup later this year at CERN's headquarters on the French-Swiss border. It's expected to tackle some of the deepest questions in science: Is the foundation of modern physics right or wrong? What existed during the very first moment of the universe's existence? Why do some particles have mass while others don't? What is the nature of dark matter? Are there extra dimensions of space out there that we haven't yet detected?

Some folks outside the scientific mainstream have asked darker questions as well: Could the collider create mini-black holes that last long enough and get big enough to turn into a matter-sucking maelstrom? Could exotic particles known as magnetic monopoles throw atomic nuclei out of whack? Could quarks recombine into "strangelets" that would turn the whole Earth into one big lump of exotic matter?

Former nuclear safety officer Walter Wagner has been raising such questions for years - first about an earlier-generation "big bang machine" known as the Relativistic Heavy-Ion Collider, and more recently about the LHC.

The following video helps explain some of what the LHC does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM

aqrinc

Re: Dooms Day Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:35:39 AM »

Hi Doug,

I like the LHR, now lets see if the LHC works as well.

Geo. Lol.

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:58:44 AM »

I read something about this a few years ago and thought it impressive. But there was some speculation that the black hole could eventually suck in or swallow up all matter.

I believe the scientist on the Manhattan project had concerns that there atomic bomb might be capable of igniting the earths oxygen ablaze thus killing everyone.

It’s amazing how man thinks he’s all that and a bag of chips too……….LOL

There is no knowledge that has ever entered the mind of man that has not been given him by God.

The Lords is in charge of the entire universe.   :)

Just some thoughts on the MATTER…..LOL

In His Love. Richard. 

musicman

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 01:05:06 PM »

This device sounds like something that Dr. Evil would create and hold the earth captive with his finger over the on button.

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »

Actually this machine only cost 16 Billion dollars. Check out the video.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »

If they held the world hostage for 30 Billion dollars, they could make a tidy profit.

Sorry...couldn't resist.   ;)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 04:01:56 PM »

To inject a bit of common cents; whoa what tha  :o, who touched the red button  ???.
That was close  :-\. Anyway to inject a bit of, oh no here we go again  ;D. You know
one day that Butterfly is going to cause trouble and cost Billions in repair.

Geo.

musicman

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »

well, I've already decided.  If that contraption does produce a black hole of which matter cannot escape, sucking the Earth into it's vaccume, . . . . . . I'm gonna sue!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:27:32 PM by musicman »

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »

sue the black hole or the contraption ?, which do you think will be here after, oh man we are in trouble.
wonder where the court will hear the ------- lawsuit and when ?

well, I've already decided.  If that contraption does produce a black hole of which matter cannont escape, sucking the Earth into it's vaccume, . . . . . . I'm gonna sue!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.