bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer rejected  (Read 4964 times)

Heidi

Prayer rejected
« on: October 05, 2008, 04:21:05 AM »

My sister have been going through some trying times as of late and I found her yesterday sitting in her bath crying. 

I asked her if I could pray for her and she declined me praying for her.  I felt so rejected (idol of the heart) and hurt.....thinking to myself, if only she was to know the things I know now.

I have stopped talking to her about the truths that God has revealed to me and now this.  She is in mainstream Christianity and believes that I am being deceived by the devil.

It hurts really bad that she can have such a low opinion of the truth I now know BUT I thank my Heavenly Father that it hurts, He said it would and for me to take heart.

Love
Heidi 

mharrell08

Re: Prayer rejected
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 04:41:21 AM »

Hello Heidi,

I understand how you feel to see others in pain. And yet, the very thing that is needed to heal all manner of pain and agony, the same people reject. I pray that your sister is comforted and look towards the promise that she and all others, come into the full knowledge of the truth.

Rom. 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God....

Rom. 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Hosea 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...

Matt. 21:42  Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Hope this helps,

Marques

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:02:11 AM »

Thank you Marques for responding to my post and yes, it does hurt.  I am encouraged by your scriptures that you gave me.  She is not rejecting me, but the Corner Stone, our Lord, Saviour and Great Physician.

Love
Heidi

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 05:19:12 AM »

My heart goes out to you Heidi, its sad to see a family member suffering especially when we feel so helpless to do anything. Or when they out right reject us and refused help.

Heidi, what’s important is the love you have for you’re sister and you also know all things are in Gods hands.

You know Heidi, even though you’re sister thinks you are under the devils spell you know better. And know most of all God is working out all things for the good of all.

Heidi, don’t ask you’re sister if you can pray for her but rather in private pray for you’re sister and tell you’re heavenly Father what burdens you’re heart.

It’s awesome just knowing we will all be together one day sitting at the feast of the lamb.
When you’re sister cries, cry with her and when she laughs, laugh with her and when she stubbles hold out you’re hand.

I’ll pray with you also that God will comfort you’re sister’s heart and also that she’ll come to know our Father as we know our Father.

May God comfort both you’re sister and you Heidi and bring you’re sister into the true knowledge of His word.   

In His Love. You’re friend and brother .Richard.

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »

When you’re sister cries, cry with her and when she laughs, laugh with her and when she stubbles hold out you’re hand.

Richard D. thank you so much for your encouraging post.  It is comforting to know that we will all be together one day!

Love
Heidi

mrl1970

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 01:20:09 AM »

Pray for your sister with these scriptures in mind
1 Timothy 2:1-6
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:21:48 AM by mrl1970 »

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 02:57:01 AM »

Heidi, I will be praying for your sister. If, it helps any I had a cousin who tried to explain it to me. I had been questioning organized church right after a serious illness. My cousin tried, but he never told me about Ray Smith. Well, I started praying for him cause I thought he had walked away from his believe. I had struggled with a sin and had victory, but I could not believe that god could ever forgive me of it and want me. I felt i should go to hell. All hell broke loose. I wished I was dead. Then I put in the words Hell. L Ray Smith came up. I read for two days. I could barely sleep I kept wanting to read and read. Then it hit me I believed in something else. A god of hate. I didn't even know him. That night I prayed like I had never prayed in my life with all whorship and all love from an all loving god. I began to serve that night not out of fear but out of love and I had peace in my life like I never every had. I misjudged my Lords character and that was way worse then the sin I had victory over. I now had victory over the sin of disbelieve. So, yes I will pray god bring her to her knees cause we know what joy will come. Praise His Holy Name
Love to you sister
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:13:34 AM »

Heidi,

I want you know, my wife thinks i have gone off the deep end and may be lost, She Prays for God to Save
me from Hell. Currently John Hagee is who she listens to, I just let her know that it is ok she will understand
sometime yet future. The time could be the next minute or next year but when God is ready for Her She will
see and understand just like we do now.

Philippians 4:19:
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

George.

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 09:36:47 AM »

Dear mrl1070, Marlene and George,

I thank all of you for replying to my post with words of encouragement and prayer. 

Our walk with the Lord is certainly much harder now than when we belonged mainstream Christianity!  The reason being that now that we know the truth, we have to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.  Certainly, these rejections are also part of God's refining fire...teaching me to love her with an agape love, not expecting anything in return.  It hurts, but I rejoice because I know that God is in control.

Love
Heidi

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 10:41:52 PM »

Heidi, You are right love can win others over . We can't control the situation no more then we ever could. It was easy then of course. We didnt know any better and now that we belive the truth we have such zeal for others to have the same. I am having some troubles with My 87 year old mother who lives with me. She gets upset so its best for me to keep my mouth shut. I am blessed at least my husband thinks it makes sense. We just have to remember in gods time and not ours. That is truly hard.
Love and Gods Blessings
Marlene

gmik

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »

Great thread- loads of scriptures and love. Heidi I will remember you in prayers.

My sister used to make fun of me as a Christian.  She doesn't even know I haven't been in church for 3 years.  She assumes I am a "Christian".  She assured me this week that my mom is "in heaven" bcz she did believe and NEVER rejected Jesus and don't forget-she told me-mom always made us go to Sunday School! (Huh?)

Sometimes I just get overwhelmed at how far off she is and I will never be able to show her the truth.  But only God can open her eyes and drag her to the Truth. We live 4 hours away from each other, so I don't see her that much.  I can pray for God's Will in her life and my acceptance of that Will.  If God doesn't show her Himself in this life....she will "behold the Lamb" in the next and will be saved.

OBrenda

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 04:18:04 PM »

Hi Heidi,

I have a Sister also.
We are opposists and, just we just don't "get" each other.
Good thing you can still pray for her, whether she likes it or not. ;)

Peace,
Brenda
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.