bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loving your husband to much?  (Read 4355 times)

Heidi

Loving your husband to much?
« on: October 05, 2008, 04:36:18 AM »

I thank my Heavenly Father that I married my other half, my soul mate.  I sometimes think that people use the term soul mate to lightly because for me it has such a deeper meaning.

My husband and I have been together for 20 years now and I could not imagine life without him.  I love him so much that it sometimes hurts to breathe.  We love each others company and enjoy being close to each other.  I can go on and on trying to explain this but would never be able to get the words right because my love for him is in my gut.  It is who I am.

Lately I have been starting to wonder if loving him this much could not be an idol of the heart and that God is a jealous God.  On the other hand, I know that every good gift comes from above (James 1:17) and my husband is that good gift.  I know that I am blessed and that other people only dream of what I have and I am so grateful to God.

I want to honour God with every part of me and with all I have, not holding anything back, including the love of my life.....is this so wrong?

Heidi

jenniferonline

Re: Loving your husband to much?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:36:35 AM »

NO!!  Not wrong!  Be thankful as many do not have what you have.  I certainly do not know you, but if it is the way I suppose (based on reading your post), then REJOICE and BE GLAD!

I once wondered this too, but it is NOT WRONG to have an intense affection OR  LOVE (AGAPE in the greek) for your husband.  Titus 1:15

Loving too much is a MYTH.  The phrase for LOVING TOO MUCH in the psychobabel world is usually some form of stalking or attempt to control another human being and has nothing to do with LOVE.

Love in a scriptural sense is from above as we are not capable of love without GOD, because 
God is love. 1John 4:16
James 1:16 Every good and perfect gift is from above

Although I say I LOVE my husband, do I love based on conditions or do I love as the Father loves? That is a question we should be asking ourselves.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
Psalm 53:3 there is no one who does good, not even one.

With that said, I believe i understand where you are coming from, as I TOO AGAPE my husband very deeply. :)
Praise GOD

-your sister in Christ
jen
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:38:07 AM by jenniferonline »

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:50:20 AM »

Heidi, God is love and the love of God is in you. I believe when a person forgives they can not imitate God any closer that that. But without love we have nothing. I don’t believe one can love their spouse to much because love is the greatest force in the universe and we are called to love.

Heidi, never forget our Father is the originator of love. Always put you’re trust in God whom by the wisdom of His love created the universe and all that is.

Love God above all else for God is our rock and our security and our life. Love you’re husband as you love yourself.

God bless you Heidi and keep loving you’re husband.  :)  :)  :)

In His Love. Richard.   

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 07:27:46 AM »

I prayerfully started this topic as it has been on my heart for some time.  I thank you both Jen and Richard D. for replying to my post as it is the confirmation that I needed, what I believed in my heart.  Thank you for the scriptures as well Jen.  I am at peace.

Love
Heidi

PS  I am greatful for this forum and that no questions asked here are wrong.   :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:31:23 AM by Heidi »

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 10:35:17 PM »

Hi Heidi,

Just saw this post, thanks for asking the question.  I've wondered the same thing myself.

;D
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 09:29:16 AM »

I thank my Heavenly Father that I married my other half, my soul mate.  I sometimes think that people use the term soul mate to lightly because for me it has such a deeper meaning.

My husband and I have been together for 20 years now and I could not imagine life without him.  I love him so much that it sometimes hurts to breathe.  We love each others company and enjoy being close to each other.  I can go on and on trying to explain this but would never be able to get the words right because my love for him is in my gut.  It is who I am.

Lately I have been starting to wonder if loving him this much could not be an idol of the heart and that God is a jealous God.  On the other hand, I know that every good gift comes from above (James 1:17) and my husband is that good gift.  I know that I am blessed and that other people only dream of what I have and I am so grateful to God.

I want to honour God with every part of me and with all I have, not holding anything back, including the love of my life.....is this so wrong?

Heidi

Good Morning Heidi,

I've been wanting to comment on your Thread, prior to Today, but with all that's going on lately and the numerous topics presented at this Forum, I have failed to do so.

You certainly have been blessed for twenty years, it was always a dream of mine to have a Marriage like that. Currently, I have such a Marriage and can only hope to share the same longevity with my wife that you share with your Husband.

Insofar as a relationship being so close with ones Marriage Mate where it could become an " Idol of the Heart" lies in a persons loyalty to God and our desire to serve him, not compromising our integrity to him. What I mean by that is none of us would want to abandon God's Truth as revealed to us through the Scriptures in order to please our Marrriage mates. IMHO, I would and will do everything within my power, limited as it is to please my Wife, because I Love her very much, but not at the expense of obeying God.

Simply put, GOD FIRST, MY WIFE SECOND, OTHERS THIRD AND MYSELF LAST in the order of relationship and trying to please. Apparently by Gods Plan and design, most people on this planet put themselves first, other people second and God last( that's only if he's even considered).

It's positive for me to hear of someone who truly has a Great Marriage and Love for their Spouse, especially after experiencing and hearing so many horror stories on the Marriage front. Hope you continue to have such a blessed Marriage in the days to come.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.