bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love verses Forgiveness  (Read 6262 times)

Richard D

Love verses Forgiveness
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:34:15 AM »

I can not forgive unless I have love and I cannot love unless I can forgive. How can I love God whom I cannot see if I don’t forgive those whom I do see?

There is no greater force in the universe than love but we cannot imitate God any closer than when we forgive.

Love covers a multitude of sin but forgiveness does away with sin. Which is greater?
Sometimes I think love equals forgiveness and forgiveness equals love.

Either way both comes from the Father who loves us and forgives us. If God forgives me it’s because He loves me and if God loves me it’s because He forgives me.

In His Love and Forgiveness. Richard.  :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:35:46 AM by Richard D »

frecklegirl417

Re: Love verses Forgiveness
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »

Richard,

I may not have the right answer for you but I will attempt to help with this thread. I found in the scripture of Acts 10:43"To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name."

If we have faith in him we has carnal beings will get forgiveness for our sins. It is hard for us to love someone and forgive them of their mistakes/sins towards us. If we have faith in our love for them and our faith in our Heavenly Father then forgiveness will come easily. For me I pray and ask Him to help me forgive that person.

I also like to read 1Cor. 13 the whole chapter, it helps me understand God's gifts of Faith, Love, and Hope. I have said before in a thread but I will repeat it for all. With out FAITH you can have LOVE, with faith or love there can not be no HOPE. This is how I see this and it can be wrong but it helps me get through some difficult times. You can have love and forgiveness together not have them like this LOVE VERSES FORGIVENESS.
     You can always love someone, forgive them, but the hardest thing our carnal minds and hearts have hard time doing is forgetting the act. When we are able to forget the act then we will be able to be a little more like HIM. This is only my own thoughts, I hope it helps.

Your young sister in Christ,
                                                      Pam  ;)

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 02:09:23 PM »

Hello Pam.

Thanks for stopping in and checking my post. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and could not fall back to sleep for the life of me and found myself meditating on God’s love and forgiveness.

It was quite incredible to me as I realized my understanding could not comprehend or phantom the depths of God’s love or forgiveness to all human beings.

I started thinking it must take and incredible amount of love to forgive, you know really forgive as if there had never existed any offences at all, and then I thought it must take an incredible amount of forgiveness to love.

I guess for the most part I was just spending time with God in the wee hours of the morning and then decided to post my thoughts.

After I had posted these thoughts I was going to remove it but I heard that tender voice within that said simply leave it for all to see.

I never expected a response from it but to my surprise I saw you’re response. It’s wonderful how the Lord moves us all towards His direction in His wisdom.

God bless you Pam you’re a wonderful sister in the Lord and never doubt that. I see I’m totally blessed and also happy that you’re surgery was a success.  :)

In His Love. Your friend and brother in the Lord. 

firefly77

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 02:18:09 PM »

Richard,
Here are some scriptures that say it so well that I cannot add much more...

Proverbs 12:16
A fool shows his annoyance at once,
but a prudent man overlooks an insult.

Proverbs 17:14
Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam;
so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out.

Proverbs 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience;
it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

I Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

How can I not forgive someone else if I have been forgiven so much?

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 02:34:52 PM »

Firefly

Thank for taking the time to posting these scriptures you have posted here, I agree also with you sister in that one can’t really add anything to this. I don’t know how many more billions of years will pass by before we are all there and this experience is behind us all.

But until we get there its wonderful knowing we all have brothers and sisters who really care with the love God teaches us day by day.  :)

Thank you Firefly. God bless you. In His Love. You’re friend and brother .Richard.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »

This thread got me to thinking, I once would say yes I forgive but I won't forget, however for me to truly forgive I have to forget the offence ever happened.
I never thought I could forget, but more and more I am forgetting the hurts of the past.
Today bright and early my mother took another fall all I could think of is I have to get to her and fast to find her in such a vulnerable situation all I could feel was the love I have for her and help her.
Lately I am letting go of all the hurt and the hurtful things are pretty much a thing of the past.
I can say I have forgiven and forgetting too, thats how I want it now to forgive first and forget however long it takes.
This has been a process that hasn't been easy but now I can see it had to be this way for me.
Through this it has given me more compassion and love, I couldn't have done it without God.
Does this make sense?

Psa 36:5 (NIV) Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

Psa 36:7 (NIV) How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Jer 31:3 (NIV) The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

Lam 3:22 (NIV) Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

Zep 3:17 (NIV) The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

1 John 4:16 (NIV) And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

John 3:16 (NIV) "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 3:1 (NIV) How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:26:03 PM by Jackie Lee »

jenniferonline

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 06:25:46 PM »

Love covers a multitude of sin but forgiveness does away with sin. Which is greater?

1cor13 ...the greatest of these is love.

Forgiveness is an effect of love (a result of being in 'the light of love')

1 Jn 2:9 Any one who professes to be in the light and yet hates his brother is still in darkness.
Eph 4 In your anger do not sin....Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry....Get rid of all bitterness.....And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Is it possible in our current state (carnal)?

Jeremiah 13:23, "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."

Paul comments on this verse in Jeremiah (Romans 7:14-24), "...I am carnal, sold under sin" ".... in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing.......O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

Who can help us forgive when it doesn't seem possible?

Paul answers (Romans 7:25), "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

John 15:5 "...For without Me you can do NOTHING."

The WILL to forgive is not even in US.

Rom 3:12 ...no one does good, not even one.

James 1:17 Every good thing comes from above.

praise GOD BROTHER.  I needed that particular scripture study this morning. 

jen

Richard D

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »

Hi Jackie.

Thank you for you’re response. It’s great to hear you say these things. It’s such a joy to have God in our lives.

I’m discovering the issues in my life that were huge to me and keep plaguing me to death are being removed only after I stop trying. Let me clarified myself, I had made many post about sin because I’m a sinner and felt inwardly it’s hurting my relationship with God.

Yes, its true sin does hurt our relationship but what I discovered what really hurt was I somehow kept trying to deal with my problems.

I hate it when I slip or fall but I believe now its God way of knocking me down or redirecting my footsteps letting me know I cannot conquer any of my faults by myself, in fact I can’t even help God to help me.

I know it must sound strange but the truth is I just acknowledge I’m helpless and when I slip I ask for forgiveness and now I’m seeing some wrongful desires are no longer a temptation to me while other are being work on.

The Lord has much work to do with me no doubt but as I stop trying I find God is working in my life. Well He’s always been working in my life I suppose but it took this long just to get me where I’m at now.

I hope I have conveyed myself as to be understood, sometimes I just can’t get the thought out of my head onto paper the way I really mean it I guess.

You were of help to me Jackie and I hope I was of help to you as well my friend.

In His Love and Understanding. You’re friend and brother in the Lord. Richard. :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 07:42:19 PM »

Hi Richard, your posts seems to help me always, I almost feel like I am walking in your shoes when you write these posts from the heart.
God is showing me lots through your posts. :)

youthfortruth

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 08:45:26 PM »

I can not forgive unless I have love and I cannot love unless I can forgive. How can I love God whom I cannot see if I don’t forgive those whom I do see?

There is no greater force in the universe than love but we cannot imitate God any closer than when we forgive.

Either way both comes from the Father who loves us and forgives us. If God forgives me it’s because He loves me and if God loves me it’s because He forgives me.

In His Love and Forgiveness. Richard.  :)

Richard,

I enjoyed reading your thread on this topic. This subject is something I try to understand better myself.

Having  21 yesterday, I've realized that there's a lot to learn, and a long way to go. Yet I still notice that the idea of forgiveness among many individuals, my peers included, seems as radical of an idea as ever.

Lots of people these days utilize the clenched fist method when trying to solve a problem or make a statement. One of my favorite quotes by an infamous psychiatrist goes:

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget. The naive forgive and forget. The wise forgive but do not forget."

The concept is simple to grasp, but difficult to follow for all of us. God bless you for maintaining a conscientious attitude in trying to better your relationship with God and others through this subject. Life can be a bumpy journey, but expected the unexpected, and when the unexpected arises do the unexpected.

In Christ's love

-Andrew

Richard D

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »

youthfortruth

Thank you for responding to this post. I’m not sure but it sounds to me like you turned twenty one years of age the other day if so, Happy birthday Andrew.

I’m thinking the Lord must have something very special planed for you Andrew being twenty one and learning the truths of our God. This is encouraging to me as a believer also. I think that is so awesome Andrew. God bless you my brother.

I’m discovering that the work of the Lord in each and every believer will not be accomplished in a day, week or a year not even in a lifetime. I believe our perfection will not come about until the resurrection.

I ’am always questioning everything especially love and forgiveness as this directly relates to all relationships we will ever have. First with God and also with every person who will come into our lives.

I believe love is the greatest gift God has given all of us but love demands forgiveness and forgiveness takes love. If we don’t have one then we don’t have the other either.

This will take a life time but not perfected until the resurrection. Learning these things are fun but painful easy but difficult but always worthy of learning.

I encourage you in you’re journey with you’re walk with the Lord my brother as the road ahead will lead us through pain and suffering and sickness as well as disappointments and many other trials the Lord has prepared for our understanding and experience.

Always remember along our journey at the end of the road awaits a Crown and the Kingdom of God for all of us who hold out to the end my brother.  :)

In His Love. You’re friend and brother. Richard.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:01:16 PM by Richard D »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.