bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Durability of the Earth  (Read 9702 times)

aqrinc

Durability of the Earth
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:30:10 AM »

Ok now i am putting in a nickel,

One of my contentions is against the belief that us puny humans can so mess up Gods Creation that it would not be able
to operate within it's design parameters properly. The idea that the damage done by human use can unbalance nature is
at best speculation and at worst not even worth considering. If after all the multi megaton explosions caused by large
and medium sized asteroids the Earth is just as Robust as 4.7 Billions ago according to credible research. How can we
keep thinking that God Does not know How To Build an Earth to Handle the little fits of rage we can throw.

This Earth according to Scripture is a Logistics Factory designed by God to keep us alive for His purposes. Yes sometimes
 we make a goodsized scar but leave it for a hundred years or so and all the mess is gone.

Isaiah 45:8:
Drop down, you heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring
forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

Genesis 1:11:
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose
seed is in itself, on the earth: and it was so.

Genesis 1:24:
And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the
earth after his kind: and it was so.

Isaiah 55:10:
For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and returns not thither, but waters the earth, and makes it
bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Mark 4:28:
For the earth brings forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.

George.

Imabeliever

Re: Durability of the Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:08:49 AM »

Amen, Brother!! ;D

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:59:46 AM »

It’s all about the money you see. They talk about global warming so they can raise our taxes to get more money that’s my take on it.

There are many scare tactics all design to raise our taxes because there is no end to the greed which is in reality just more of mans lust.

Yeah, money, money, money. Can never have enough money.  ::)

I hope this helps.

In His Love. Richard.

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

I see what your saying....However, to say that man hasnt the ability to destroy life as we know it on earth, is a bit of a stretch.

I dont beleive this will happen....but to say that men cannot....well, there's alot of nukes, sitting around the world.

Chris R

Kent

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »

And a lot of really nasty germs, grown for the purpose of killing everyone that comes into contact with them.

I personally believe we can destroy (almost) all human life on this planet, but God simply will not allow it to happen.

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 09:26:51 AM »

Chris.

You brought up a good point about nuclear destruction, I imagine the united states alone has enough nuclear bombs to destroy all life on earth perhaps even split the earth in half.

I also understand that the eruptions of volcanoes have the potential of many nuclear explosions at one give time that could also destroy life as we know it.

Even earth quakes and asteroids from outer space can destroy the earth too. But I thank God he’s in charge of His creation.

I guess the bottom line is Christ holds all things together and if Christ wills something to be in existence there is no force greater that can undo what Christ had declared.

So for mans part it’s all about the money.   ;D

In His Love. Richard.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 12:00:28 PM »

This is an interesting Scripture.

Mat 24:22  And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Does that only have a spiritual meaning?
Think about some of the horrifying things that have happened in the history of the world. Man has messed up everything that he has put his hand to.  For centuries man has been raping the land, polluting the air, poisoning the water (some 50 dead zones in the ocean), clear cutting the forests (91% of the Amazon rainforest deforested since 1970), and massacring animals to near extinction. 

Man is incapable of properly managing anything because of greed and selfishness, the beast.  As technology advances so will the destructive capabilities of man.  The world needs a Savior to save us from ourselves physically as well as spiritually.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »

Man's incapability of handling this environment i totally agree with, even if it was mans will the ability is present
to cause great damage. Point though is that The Author and Finisher is God The Father and it is His Will that
All (Everyone) Be Saved; many So as by Fire (Lake OF Fire).

Todays main arguments are that global warming (man made) and desertification (man made) are decimating
the planet. Is that really true or are there many cyclical changes that occur based on time and place of all
things in Creation that cause then fix then cause then fix. Always we need to go back and look at the evidence
left over longer periods (eons or ages) to see the real story.

Didn't the sometimes continent spanning forest fires destroy more vegetation that we used to build ?. What
breathes in carbon dioxide and produces oxygen? are we not presently having a cooling rather than heating
earth. Man is incapable but; God IS In Control and well able to keep His Earth Operating at Design Specs.

Job 37:23:
Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of
justice: he will not afflict.

Psalms 147:5:
Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite. 

Geo.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:32:14 PM by aqr »

iris

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 02:00:51 PM »

Man can't do anything unless God wants it to happen. If man does do something to the earth, we know it's all in God's plan.

Job 38:
v. 4 Where was thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding.
v. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? Or who hath stretched the line upon it?
v. 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the corner stone thereof;
v. 8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
v. 9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddling band for it,
v. 10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
v. 11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

Iris

AK4

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »

Mark 4:28:
For the earth brings forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.

Just a little side tracker here---With this verse we finally have the answer to which came first--the chicken or the egg ;D

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »

Not saying man does not have the ability; i am saying man cannot confound God's Will no Matter how
hard he tries. The Beast (us) think too highly of ourselves and try to sit in places by ourselves that
only God can place us By His Power and Will.

Geo.

Isaiah 40:26:
Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things , that bringeth out their host by
number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not
one faileth.

Jeremiah 10:12:
He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched
out the heavens by his discretion.

Jeremiah 27:5:
I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my
outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »

This is the whole point i am contending and we are in agreement Amrhrasach.

agr said:  "i am saying man cannot confound God's Will no Matter how
hard he tries."

Agreed.

A.

Longhorn

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »

I planted a tree yesterday so my conscious is clean.   8)

Love in Christ

Longhorn

musicman

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »

If it's God's purpose for puny man to destroy the planet then that is what will happen.  Guess God wanted us to do it slowly.

I think the global warming issue on this forum has been based more on politics than anything.  We know nothing about it.  Man, am I tired of hearing about it.

Kat

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »

Hi Geo,

i am saying man cannot confound God's Will no Matter how
hard he tries.

I see your point and agree.  

Hi Musicman,

I too think it is God's plan that man do all these terrible things. It seems that God is going to bring out the worse in man in every way, towards his fellow man and the environment as well.  He is going to make it obviously clear to man that he needs a Savior, because the 'beast' in us seeks to satisfy self at the sacrifice of everything else.  We can not control the 'beast' only God's spirit in us can.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 03:35:47 PM »

Not at all A, if one is not able to passionately express themselves without anger when defending a point,
it is probably not worth defending. If we can keep the discourse civil it does not matter how passionate
our expressions. Ray has done All of us a major service by opening up parts of the Scriptures that were
always there hiding in plain sight. Now in our excitement and zeal to be right and vindicated we sometimes
get a bit over exuberant in our dissertation. The Wonder of it is that All is Of God Through Jesus Christ Our LORD and Saviour.

Geo.

Martinez

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 05:25:07 PM »

Yeah dudes!, but global warming!

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »

That was just one of the props used to illustrate mans think versus God's Purpose.
Everyone knows that global warming is caused by cows in india. LOL  ;D

Geo.

Martinez

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 05:48:30 PM »

That was just one of the props used to illustrate mans think versus God's Purpose.
Everyone knows that global warming is caused by cows in india. LOL  ;D

Geo.

I thought it was caused by my car because I'm to lazy to use the rip off over crowded public transport system to go to my factory job.

My favourite thing about global warming is things like........

"This has been the worst drought for one hundred and twenty years, which shows evidence of having been caused by global warming"

Think about that!

Linny

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 06:09:23 PM »

I agree that the global warming stuff is just another way someone figured out they could make a buck.
The Feds only pay out to researchers who find global warming so that is what they find.
I agree that it is cyclical. If this is true, then we should be getting some good snows here in KY again around 2010. I'll let you know. ;)

I also agree that the technology of mankind could, in theory, destroy human and animal life if indeed that were God's plan. But I think Kat's scripture proves it is not.
But I do not agree that our technology could destroy the earth. An atom bomb is nothing compared to the power of a volcano.
Oil spills are cleaned up naturally by the oceans. Areas that grow back after a volcanic eruption are beautiful. Forest fires clean up old growth that we could clean up ourselves sparing a lot of homes.

It just doesn't appear to be in God's plan for us to destroy His creation.

I always have to go back to my belief that the concensus opinion is rarely if ever where truth is found. If the media or government or church says it, I question its reality.

Lin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.