bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A believer’s conversation.  (Read 5928 times)

Richard D

A believer’s conversation.
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »

Good morning Jesus how are you doing today, I’m doing good Richard, I’m God, I’m always doing good. Well yes, you know what I mean Jesus. Yes I know what you mean Richard, I just wanted you to see the humorous side of me.

So Lord, what are we going to work on with me today? Nothing Richard. Lord are you just being humorous with me now. No Richard I’m being serious now. Lord I don’t understand. Well Richard we are not going to work on you today, I’m going to work on you today.

But Lord, there must be something I can help you with. Richard there is something you can help me with. Excellent Lord, just tell me what I can do and I’ll start right away.

Richard, yes Lord, I want you to stop trying to help me to help you. Lord, how will anything get done with me if I don’t help you? Richard, yes Lord, you know, I created the universe and everything in it. Yes Lord I know you created the universe and everything in it.

So I will create in you a new man. Oh, I think I understand what you mean now, you don’t want me to do anything to help you to help me. That’s right Richard. So what do I do then? Richard, yes Lord, you do nothing at all.

Lord, if I do nothing at all, then I have to trust you for everything. Bingo Richard, that’s the idea. Lord, yes Richard, why do I always think I have to help you? 

That’s the carnal mind in you that makes you think you have to help me. Now I see Lord. So what are we going to do about my carnal mind Lord? Richard. Yes Lord, we are not going to do anything about you’re carnal mind.

Lord, yes Richard, I think I understand now, you’re going to do it. Bingo Richard. Lord, now you’re plainly talking to me. Jesus, yes Richard, what time did you want to start to working on me. I already am Richard.

Lord, you’re good .Yes Richard, tell me about it…..…. You’re awesome Jesus I love you so much. Richard, yes Lord. I want you to know I loved you first. Lord. Yes Richard, I thought it was me who decided to love you. Richard, yes Lord, you did after I called you.

So Lord, I really have nothing to do with this do I.  No Richard, you don’t have anything to do with this. That way you won’t fail.

Well Lord, I’m going to get to work on doing nothing and let you do it all. Richard, yes Lord, I like the way you’re thinking now. Thank you Lord. Richard, yes Lord. It took me a long time to get you to think like this.   :)

In His Love. Richard.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:04:21 AM by Richard D »

OBrenda

Re: A believer’s conversation.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can put Brenda in any place you see Richard above!

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:45:42 PM »

God tells us this directly in at least 3 places

(Psa 55:22)  Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

(1Pe 5:7)  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

(Pro 3:5)  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

And shows us this in many many examples in His Word

Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work,

Mar 2:27  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »

I rest His Case.

In Humility, George.

God tells us this directly in at least 3 places

(Psa 55:22)  Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

(1Pe 5:7)  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

(Pro 3:5)  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

And shows us this in many many examples in His Word

Exo 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work,

Mar 2:27  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

beloved

musicman

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 11:57:54 PM »

Dear Lord,

Thank you for cursing the opponent of my home NFL team yesterday.  Thank you for making Rivers over-throw that wide out, which would have tied the score in the forth.  Thank you for causing them to overlook what was perhaps, the lousiest team in NFL history a year ago.  Thank you for not inspiring me to destroy my TV set yesterday, after messing up my favorite college team on Saturday.  Again, thank you, and keep the beer coming.

kweli

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:21:33 AM »

...you don’t have anything to do with this. That way you won’t fail because I never fail.
(Words in maroon added)

Ever considered storytelling in your spare time Richard?

frecklegirl417

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »

Dear Lord,

Thank you for cursing the opponent of my home NFL team yesterday.  Thank you for making Rivers over-throw that wide out, which would have tied the score in the forth.  Thank you for causing them to overlook what was perhaps, the lousiest team in NFL history a year ago.  Thank you for not inspiring me to destroy my TV set yesterday, after messing up my favorite college team on Saturday.  Again, thank you, and keep the beer coming.

Richard, I like your story and it is true for evryone of us.

MUSICMAN,  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D   Thanks again for the laugh and glad to see your team did good. Hopefully they will get better every week. My NFL team is lousy and always will be....Baltimore Ravens!!! I know,I Know lousy right. I always vote for the underdog.

musicman

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 12:30:10 AM »

One more thing Lord:

Thank you for having Frecklegirl's team suck just enough a year ago, so that my sorry team wouldn't go down in history as (I believe) 1 of the 2 franchizes to go 0 and 16.  The other 0 and 16 franchise (or 0 and 14, can't remember) would be Hillsborough's favorite team in their expansion season.

Some things you just don't want to be known for.   

Richard D

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:17 PM »

Musicman

What if Freckle girl prays real hard that her team wins next year and you’re team looses  Maybe sister Pam will prays that you’re team does not even win one game and then to boot pray that God causes you to trash your TV.

Be careful musicman because God loves his Daughters big time.

Have a nice day……… Forget the beer, …………….LOL………drink………TEA.  ???

You’re brother Richard.

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 03:35:47 AM »

Richard,   That was so true. Just sounds like me. Sounds like all of us I imagine. I have to tell you  when God convicted me of a sin many years ago. I was so wound up in finding his love. I said to god please do whatever you need to keep me in line. I told a Pastor that once at a church I use to attend. He said"That was Bold" I guess at the time I never looked at it that way. But, let me tell you he has proved himself to me cause he always corrects me and always does it with Love. You always give us things to think about thats for sure.
In Christ
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.