bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imitators of God...  (Read 10071 times)

WhoAmI

Re: Imitators of God...
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 02:23:42 AM »

Growing up I always had to deal with a quick temper. And I read the scriptures a lot when younger and always wanted to be a great Christian. But I always came across where anger was looked so down upon in the scriptures. It tore me up because I did not want to be angry or have a bad temper. But never the less I did have it. With my previous understanding of the scriptures I never ever felt I could match up to anything it was requesting. I have a friend who feels the same way and even to this day he won't even read the scriptures because he gets so depressed. And this guy works hard to overcome his shortcomings. I have also talked to people who had homosexual feelings and they felt no help from the scriptures either. They feel hated by this god that many Christians speak about.
And what of the situation of most of mankind with dealing with sex or sexual related issues. We know many people are highly geared and even if they are able to avoid personal contact with others they may spend much time with mental fantasy. All this seems highly condemned by the scriptures. And I think it is totally unrealistic to think that people can just stop this or totally clear these things away so they feel aligned with the scriptures. Like I said with much of the religion they require you to overcome it or else your going to pay. But many of us who have fought tooth and nail all our lives against struggles know that we most likely will go to the grave with sinful actions. So if we are to be free of all the things the scriptures list how can most people even begin to think they are going to have any sort of success with the standard being perfection. The mixed messages we have been brought up on seem to only give more people the motivation to throw their hands up in hopelessness.

Jeff

Martinez

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »

Flesh and blood could sooner catch the wind than change it's ways from natural to spiritual.

If you are going to have the mind that is in Christ Jesus, it will be because He puts it in you.

I can totally relate to the temper thing as well as the lust thing, there is just no way I can overcome these things by myself.

If Christ does not put a new heart in Me I know that I am totally without hope!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »

Brenda.  Isn't it easier to deal with the Theological and theoretical than put in practice what we believe in the practical?

We have no choice most of the time but to be IN the world.  We don't have to be OF the world.  I put it that way because that's freedom, not a burden.  The world sucks!!  Do you think people who can't control their tongue or need company to go to strip clubs are happy?

I can't tell you what you should do in your upcoming situation, or even if you ought to have to be there at all.  You're a woman, I'm a man.  You're married, I'm not.  I'd nudge you to not be so afraid of sinning that you do nothing, save grin and bare it.  Do something and get your report card later.  You're no pharisee, so you're not likely to act like one. 

Why does God put us in these situations if not to mold us?  You'll do at least something right.   ;D 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

WhoAmI

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 03:40:47 PM »

Thanks for your responses. Lets just continue to strive and remember we have a loving Father who understands and doesn't fail at saving sinners. There is hope!  :)

Jeff

aqrinc

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »

Que Dios nos Bendiga yi mantenganos en su Espiritu yi Poder.

That God Blesses us and Maintains us through his Spirit and Power.

We are in the world not of the world and the challenge to shut up is great. The reason for my translation is that  i am
more or less fluent in spanish and would be happy to when possible translate for a brother or sister who needs it.
I would rather read than post but whenever i try to lurk a Scripture from someone jumps out and i feel compelled to
answer or join in. For years i have stated that there are many times when the press of the invisible on me is almost
palpable. Today (these days) it seems to be so much more; the Happiness though, is that now i know that: All, Everyone
that has sinned and comes short of the Glory of God Will be Saved even Though as By Fire. (LOF)

For: He is Faithful and Just to Forgive us our sins and Cleanse us From All unrighteousness.

Geo.

OBrenda

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »

Hi Dave,

You have just described the thing about myself that I hate the most.  This is what torments me, and paralyzes me.  The fear of doing something wrong, hurting someones feelings, failing to stand up vs minding my own business.  I long for a "sound mind"  no more double minded /deer caught in the headlights moments.

I overthink everything to the point of exhaustion. This one tells me I'm way to polite & nice. The next one tells me I'm rude and insensitive.....Help...I need a Lobotomy!  :P  Who died and left me in charge as Savior of the world?    ???

You have more faith in me, than I have in myself to get something right.

Que Dios nos Bendiga yi mantenganos en su Espiritu yi Poder.  (Very Cool!)
That God Blesses us and Maintains us through his Spirit and Power.
Geo.  this is how I feel.....
We are in the world not of the world and the challenge to shut up is great.

The press of the invisable [I don't know where the scripture is].....In Him we move and find our being...I suspect I'm still trying to please people. ::)

Thanks for the group pshyco therapy,  send me a bill so I can put a claim into my insurance company... ;D  ;D  ;)
Brenda
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.