bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sons of Noah  (Read 4593 times)

chav

sons of Noah
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:14:43 PM »

Hi
I have listened to the section (a number of times) on the conference audio, where Ray mention Genesis:1-5 ,however  I'm not entirely clear what he means (particularly verse 5). Can someone explain it more clearly to me .

Gen 10:1  These are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Sons were born to them after the flood.
Gen 10:2  The sons of Japheth: Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.
Gen 10:3  The sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah.
Gen 10:4  The sons of Javan: Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
Gen 10:5  From these the coastland peoples spread in their lands, each with his own language, by their clans, in their nations.

There is also another verse earlier in Genesis regarding Noahs' sons Gen 9:18-19

Gen 9:18  The sons of Noah who went forth from the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. (Ham was the father of Canaan.)
Gen 9:19  These three were the sons of Noah, and from these the people of the whole earth were dispersed.

Is that more or less saying the same thing ?

Dave

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:20:04 PM by Dave UK »

mharrell08

Re: sons of Noah
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 01:41:24 PM »

Hello Dave,

I may not be able to explain in the most detail but it is pretty much the same. The section in Gen. 9:19 is 'these the people of the whole land were dispersed'; not earth. The sons of Noah all had the same language. Their had to be other nations in which they would go about in different languages by their clans. This is further scriptural proof that the flood was not global which I'm sure you've picked up from the videos thus far.

I hope more members who have seen the videos a few times can pitch in for your understanding. Thanks

Marques

chav

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »

Hi Marquez

Thanks for your answer. I now understand the point that there were other nations around, and that the flood was not global.But ray seemed to suggest that Noah's' sons had a direct influence over the surrounding nations or gentiles , or am I wrong in what I heard.
Thanks

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 02:08:19 PM »

Hi Marquez

Thanks for your answer. I now understand the point that there were other nations around, and that the flood was not global.But ray seemed to suggest that Noah's' sons had a direct influence over the surrounding nations or gentiles , or am I wrong in what I heard.
Thanks

What kind of influence are you referring to besides communication (talking, interacting) with the other nations?

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.