bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Case for Christ  (Read 5255 times)

Nikoa

Case for Christ
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:10:02 PM »

It has been almost a year since finding BT and I am so thankful.  One thing that I am finding myself struggling with is my faith.  SOOO many of the foundations I have built my faith up in have been destroyed that I don't know what to believe anymore.  I would love to hear Ray's teaching on why he believes in Christ at all.  Please don't be judgmental I just need a bit of encouragement.  I know there are many books on why we can trust the bible and how 500 prophecies that were fulfilled point to it's truth but the authors of these books IE Lee Strobel, Chuck Missler and many more believe other false doctrines too.  Anyway just a thought.  I appreciate this forum.

Martinez

Re: Case for Christ
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:36:16 PM »

Hi Chad!

It's been about 2 years since I discovered bibletruths.
The scales continue to fall of my eyes, I've acquired a little more wisdom but......

I'm still the same old Me, I'm still a beast and I don't want to be a beast anymore!

When I discovered these truths (still discovering) I thought Great!, this is wonderful, now I can start to be a new creation, but as I have discovered, it doesn't work like that.

One of the things that I've learned is there is nothing I can do, and if I want to be one of the elect, It's gonna take a lot of getting my butt kicked.

Yay!

You're not on you're own. I'm sure you will find that everyone here has be discoraged more than one since learning these wonderful truths.

These truths don't change you, God does and in His own time.

firefly77

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 08:50:10 PM »

Hi Chad,
Some words of encouragement from me... I have been where you are (approx 4 years). It was not an easy road to realize that most of what I learned in Church was wrong. There is one thing that has not suffered any loss, Jesus is still Savior and Lord. He is still the cornerstone of our faith and this is not going to change. In fact, just the thought that I will some day see all my loved ones again gives me great hope and joy and makes me love Him even more. It is not an easy road to start all over again... The truth will eventually settle in your heart and then you wonder how it was possible to have ever believed anything else.

Grace & Peace,
Angie

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:55:24 PM »

Hi Chad,

Here's an email reply by Ray on the subject of Faith.  It's short and to the point.  I hope it helps.

René

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3037.0.html

Faith

Dear Littlebee:

You remind me of the man in Mar 9:24  who said:  "And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine UNBELIEF."  We all are lacking in faith.  Rom. 10:17 says, "Now faith comes from hearing, and hearing by THE WORD OF GOD."  So keep in God's Word.  Read and study it daily. But always remember that the faith you will receive is always "A GIFT FROM GOD"   (Eph. 2:8-10).

God be with you,
Ray

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:12:40 PM »

Hello Chad,

I understand what you're going through. (As I'm sure most the people here do as well) It's a very difficult journey you have just begun. The road is very bumpy. The air is foggy. It is very painful to have everything you "knew" and "believed" get shattered before your eyes. It's bad enough to have your religion "destroyed", but even worse, that the SAME Book you thought you understood and believed, be the Book that does the destruction. I discovered this site back in February, and it's been a gruesome, tough battle since then.

Paul had it even rougher, Jesus physically revealed His Glory to him on the road to Damascus, forced Paul to his knees and took his sight. But in the same way, this is what happens to every one of us, whom Christ reveals Himself to. We are thrusted to ground, and are sight is taken from us. And as Paul was, we must be lead down the road toward the Truth, and must "re-learn" everything we thought we knew.

There was a few weeks for me as well, that I had some doubts that the Bible was even true, and if Jesus was even real. (Not willingly, I was just overwhelmed with everything that was happening to me emotionally, mentally, spiritually, even physically)

;D But don't worry, friend, these "fiery trails" are all from GOD, and He will never abandon you! Even when it feels like He isn't there, He is! There is a reason you have been called out, and when GOD determines you are ready, He will begin to show you.

Though you are weak, you will become strong!

Christopher.

Martinez

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »

Hey Chad, here's a lesson that God teaches us through His creation (that's us).

We all start out as children (no way around that) and no child no matter how hard they try, no matter how great the act of sheer will, grows into a mature adult before time, it's a process!

Now, no good parent ever sat back either and watched their child just grow up either, because it was before their appointed time.

There is a lot for the parent to do before the child grows up and a lot for the child to learn before He becomes an adult.

Always try and remember that no matter where you are, God has you exactly where He wants you at that given time.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »

Martinez, thank you.

Nikoa,

That piece of advise is timely for me also, even though leaving babylon was easier for me,
there is a lot of buffeting and chastising in my life. God Alone Know's why he chose to call me
and i must Remember that: (1Th_5:24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.) so on
with the walk and keep on the helmet of truth (there is always incoming fire from the enemy)
which is the covering God has given us.

For we are Saved by Grace through Faith, and that not of ourselves; It is the Gift Of God.

Act_15:11 But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will."

Eph_2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--

Eph_2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

2Ti_1:9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own
purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

George.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:45:22 PM by aqr »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »

Their are several if not many reasons which can be considered extra biblical, for believing in Christ.

First of all, the existance of the universe and it's mechanics which work in perfect harmony to allow us a place of existance.

Secondly, the historical data for Christ. I don't know of any reputable historian who would deny Christ's existance. What one might deny, is His ressurection along with His other supernatural abilities. His divinity.

Three, one can us their own logic to reason the probability of a God's existance.

These three together, can be a powerful tool in reaffirming our faith in God. However, it is all ultimately up to God wether you believe or not. As a wise man once said; A blind man cannot see! And thats a fact! =]

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:14:52 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

musicman

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 12:55:20 AM »

Perhaps if explained by one who didn't grow up in the church may help.  For me, I began my search for God about 4 years ago.  I learned about some of the things in this world that point directly to the God of the Bible.  Those would be prophesies, bits of science in scripture, the miraculous conversion of Paul and learning that scripture doesn't teach a literal 24 hour 6 day creation.  I wasn't ready to join a church (especially if they required 10% of my ching) so I watched some stuff on TBN.  Now, ignorantly, I didn't believe that preachers really backed up that eternal hell stuff.  Boy was I wrong.  Dr. Kennedy talked about it and Haggee had my head spinning.  I did not want to believe it for two seconds.  In fact, it was killing my faith.  And what if it were all true?  So I tried my best to speak to God.  I went on a walk, told God that such a destination would be terrible.  I wanted no part of a such a belief, nor did I want to live eternally while this place existed.  That night I found Ray's site.  Since then, I have learned so much truth that I feel like it is a miracle that most of the world deny it.  First, we couldn't be here without being created, and second, the scriptures plainly say that all will be saved.  The world denies it though, and actually prefers to believe the most horrific things possible. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:46:48 AM by musicman »

WhoAmI

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 02:07:16 AM »

Chad,

I would hope you can be assured by knowing this is part of the process. You will get through it. What you describe is what many of us have or are going through. You are not alone. I pray you can give all your struggle to God.

Lu 22:42 saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.