bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When our backs are against the wall…Then What.  (Read 6788 times)

Richard D

When our backs are against the wall…Then What.
« on: October 08, 2008, 10:37:50 PM »

I think of our Biblical brothers Stephen who when he was being stone to death cried out to God not to hold this to their account.

And then by contrasts look at me and how I handle situations in my life. I believe in God and I have learned some truths from Ray’s papers although it will take much time to absorb everything Ray teaches no doubt.

But my point is this, how do I respond to opposition in my life? I must be honest and tell the truth. Sometimes it sickens me to my stomach how I handle some situation I find myself in.

I might be doing something and wish to be left alone but then someone might ask me a question and I answer it but then notice they want to keep talking but I don’t, next thing I know I get angry inwardly and try to conceal this anger.

Or other times to some people what ever we do is just not enough but I feel they do hardly anything but they have words of  mordacity for my ears. I do not always hold my tongue and do lash out with words I wish I did not speak. So much for being a Christian I guess.

It could be any situation I don’t like or enjoy or wish to elude but can’t because it’s just there in in my face. Sometimes I think I’m the devil with my response. Sure I have my good days you know, where I rise above it all.

I wonder if I were Stephen if I would ask God to not charge this to there account or would I pick up the stones and chuck them back, maybe even use a slingshot to get it over there faster.

This road is a most difficult path to walk down. Thank God there is no eternal hell. Amen.  :o

In His Love. Richard the weak one.

Martinez

Re: When our backs are against the wall…Then What.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:57:47 PM »

Hey Richard, welcome to the club or which I'm am the president.

We must go through all this because if We don't have anything to overcome then We won't be ruling with Christ.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 11:04:28 PM »

I might be doing something and wish to be left alone but then someone might ask me a question and I answer it but then notice they want to keep talking but I don’t, next thing I know I get angry inwardly and try to conceal this anger.

Ditto...I need the Lord in the worst way when it comes to this.

Marques

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »

Hi  Martinez.

Thanks I know you’re right about this but how long before we overcome? I know it takes a lifetime but how does one measure themselves along the way?

Sometimes I look at myself and say Richard, God is going to chuck you into the lake of fire big time! It’s like I never know where I stand with God from day to day.

Yes I know God loves me but he loves everyone, I know Christ paid for my sins but he paid for everyone’s sins.

What can be said of me can be said of everyone with God.

In His Love. Richard.

Hi  Marques.

I understand I need God especially when it comes to this but where is God when these sort of things happen? Sometimes I feel God has abandoned me in my situation and left me to deal with what He knows I can not be successful at.

I always apologize and never let the sun go down on my sins. I been reading Ray’s papers for about eight weeks now and I think I would see some kind of change. Well there have been changes but only with the truth. What I mean is I discovered there is no hell and we don’t have free will.

I do see changes in my beliefs about God and see how good God really is but what about the other changes that are important also. I can’t say I see a whole lot going on in these areas.

In His Love. Richard.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:57:49 PM »

I don't have years of experience to share, just a few months.  But I think what Ray has said is true...we'll just wake up one morning a realize that something that once was such a huge issue is simply not there any more.  That's how we'll know we're 'making progress'.  I've gotten a taste of that.  Tastes good.

Then there will be the next thing. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:05:35 AM »

Richard, did you get the way you are in eight weeks, eight years or over your current lifespan. We learn truth
by hearing and reading God's Word; learning to Trust God's Word next, then starting to let go of the old man
(beast) grudgingly at first. God is doing a Strange Work in making pots into Born Sons and Daughters; the
least we can do is give some time For Him to fix the total hash of things that we with our free will have made.
God's Will is that we be saved, His decision is to call us, we need to learn that He knows what needs to be
done to bring us exactly where and when He Will Have us be.

In Prayer and Humble Thanksgiving,

Geo.

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 12:23:40 AM »

Hi Dave in Tenn.

I have not come across where Ray said, one day we wake up and something has changed. Maybe that explains it.

Maybe we get so much of God’s truth in us that we cannot help but to change, you know, kind of like faith.  Faith comes by hearing the word of God. So it’s God who gives us faith and it’s God who changes us in His time.

In His Love. Richard.

Richard D

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 12:33:05 AM »

Hi George.

All I’m saying is sometimes I feel like I’m in turtle mode. Eight years in Christendom one would never change but eight weeks in real truth I would think I be throwing mountains around by now………LOL…………Just kidding 

In His Love. Richard.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 01:12:24 AM »

"Maybe we get so much of God’s truth in us that we cannot help but to change, you know, kind of like faith.  Faith comes by hearing the word of God. So it’s God who gives us faith and it’s God who changes us in His time."

All I can tell you is that this has been my experience.  It may have to do with the indisputable fact that I was SO low and filthy when I 'stumbled' onto BT and was reintroduced to the Word and to God that the cleansing He has graciously worked in me has been relatively easy from my perspective.

I'm not worried about HOW He does it or even so much about WHEN...just simply that He does.  If I've got struggles before me, then so be it.  For now the only hard struggle has been in eating and digesting the feast...that 'getting so much of God's truth in us'...and in getting out of the way. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 01:16:47 AM »

All in good Humor Richard,

What you state i and probably all our Sisters and Brothers suffer daily. The pleasure comes when God sends someone to
us to prove to us that; He is Faithful and True, by Giving us the task of helping a new Outcalled One to understand why
they are acting so strangely now. Brother if (since) you are starting to trust God and are putting off the old man the
accuser of man will throw up any obstacle that he is allowed; to try to slow or corrupt your dying to self.

All i can say is it gets worse many times before it gets better, but it does get better.

Geo.

WhoAmI

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 02:27:37 AM »

I don't have years of experience to share, just a few months.  But I think what Ray has said is true...we'll just wake up one morning a realize that something that once was such a huge issue is simply not there any more.  That's how we'll know we're 'making progress'.  I've gotten a taste of that.  Tastes good.

Then there will be the next thing. 

Ohh you had to write that last line didn't you.  ;D

Jeff

Richard D

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 05:22:54 AM »

Hi Jeff.

That last line Dave wrote I believe is his way of telling me this walk is for life. This is how it’s going to be more than likely unto one dies or God returns.

My greatest comfort is knowing someday maybe even billions of years from now we will all be like God finally made in his image.  ;D

It just seems like it’s taking forever to get there………….lol

In His Love. Richard.

Kent

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 07:37:49 AM »

But my point is this, how do I respond to opposition in my life? I must be honest and tell the truth. Sometimes it sickens me to my stomach how I handle some situation I find myself in.

IMO it depends on the nature of that opposition? I dont know what you mean by that.

Through no fault of my own, I now have an aeon  ;) of free time on my hands.
No hard feelings. It was kind of screwy how it happened, but I still thank God for this aeonian vacation away from certain people in a certain company.

But come after me or anyone else, with the intent to physically harm, and it would be a different story.

That is how I see it. And in both cases, I have changed.
I used to be a coward that shunned confrontations.
And I would have gone after this wonderful company for doing what they did.

So IMO it really depends on what you mean by "opposition", and "backs against the wall".

Kat

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 10:58:54 AM »

Hi Richard,

You are still reading and seeking the truth, that should be proof enough that you are still on the right track.  In the parable of the sower and the seed you see most lose interest and stop studying or they get side tracked with other projects or maybe some are persuaded this is all wrong and leave.  I guess there are a endless amount of reasons why people leave, but as long as you are sticking with it, studying and seeking Him, then you are on good ground.

Sometimes I feel God has abandoned me in my situation and left me to deal with what He knows I can not be successful at.

No He does not abandon us, it's just that He is preparing us and we must go through many trials, the tests that show us our weaknesses.  When we see these ugle/carnal things in ourself and we do not like it and want to get rid of it, then that is the Holy Spirit working with us, the process.  That is God letting us know what we must overcome.  Now God does not show us everything that is wrong with us at once, we could not handle that.  So we are shown little by little, over and over again through experiences what we must change, it's the process. 

It's like growing up from a child, you do not notice on a daily basis that you are getting taller.  Just like growing up this process is gradual and not so much noticed on a daily basis, but looking back you can remember where you were and understand that you are changing and making progress.

Just keeping studying and seeking Him.  If it is His will for you to be among the Elect, than you can not fail, because He will not let you.  It's true that we can not know for sure if we are the Elect, but as long as we are in the race we do have hope. 

Heb 12:1  Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2  looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Heb 12:11  Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Heb 12:27  Now this, "Yet once more," indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Heb 12:28  Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Richard D

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 11:26:31 AM »

Hi  Kent.

What I mean by opposition is the way life unfolds, sometime people strike me in a funny way which causes me to have a disapproving attitude towards their conversation to me.

Maybe someone come across to me with a condescending attitude or takes something I said in a way I do not mean it.

For the most part I do alright, at other times, I just feed right into it. Perhaps sometimes it’s brought on by me as I cannot exclude myself either.

However, to me it’s irrelevant who is to blame but rather my attitude is what I question. Stephen was an innocent man who told the truth and when they stone Stephen he ask God not to hold this to their account.

What a huge contrast between Stephen and myself I see. Something inside of me says being right does not matter but rather the love in which you handle the situation is what matters.

I guess that is what I ’m trying to communicate.

In His Love. Richard.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 01:29:32 PM »

When our backs are against the wall…Then What.

Then you have nowhere else to go except to trust God.  Then He has you just where He wants you.

Craig

Richard D

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »

Hi Kat.

Thank you for responding to my post. I thank you for the wonderful insight you have given me. I appreciate it as it helps me with my understanding and reassures me in my walk with God.

I do not attend any church since I started reading Ray’s papers and for good reasons as you must know yourself why I no longer attend church.

So the only Christian fellowship I have is over the internet with this forum which I agree is much better than physically going to a building but much wiser also I might add.

Thank you once again. In His Love. Richard.

Hi Craig.

Craig said… (Then you have nowhere else to go except to trust God. Then He has you just where He wants you.)

I like that Craig, it makes a lot of sense to me but my issue is when emotion run high and things happen or words are exchange and my reaction to the situation. Sometimes I feel like I have so much grace about me it’s awesome to experience and I feel the love but then there are times I don’t see the love of God in me.

I think to myself that if I were standing on the sidelines and watching me from a distance I feel I would say concerning me that man over there is the devil. This is what I don’t comprehend about me who can pray to God and ask God to forgive me but I don’t always see the love I should be operating with in my life.

Maybe I’m expecting too much too soon but its how God had made me I suppose.

In His Love. Richard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.