bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Bible-Truths Testimony  (Read 6262 times)

DocTN

My Bible-Truths Testimony
« on: March 19, 2006, 10:38:15 AM »

Last year, I was a regional pastor at a church of 500+ members. I had been taught and did teach the 10% tithe for quite a few years.

One sunday as my wife and I were assisting a elderly widow home from church. She and I began discussing the tithe.  She then questioned me, "you know that being on a fixed income, with my rent and all, I'm unable to give 10% for a tithe, WILL GOD STILL ACCEPT ALL I HAVE TO GIVE?"  

Well, I can't even describe the conviction that I came under when she finished those words. I'm tearing up again as I type this now. It wasn't very long that I started re-thinking and re-studying the tithe message and found bible-truths.com off a google search.

After a lengthy time of study along with the constant convictions of the Holy Spirit through Ray's writings and plenty of prayer, I resigned all my positions and left the church.  As you might imagine, the Sr. Pastor felt as though I was under some sort of demonic control.

I continue a friendship with the Bishop and have had some insightful conversations. Why, just last week over lunch, he admitted to me that he didn't believe hell was forever. wow, that floored me coming from a pentecostal preacher! And so we agree to disagree on yet other points.

That's the reader's digest version, I'm still teaching to all who stop by but so far, the blind really are blind.

grace and peace
DocTN

Mickyd

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

This is a great testimony! I'm sure that it is very hard to explain to your friends as to why you felt you had to step down as pastor.

God be with you!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 12:22:50 PM »

Welcome Brother! That was a powerful testimony and I am sure many here will be praying for you and your family as this must be a difficult transition to experience, but the reward is infinite. I am very glad to see you here.

Joe

orion77

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »

Interesting post, Doctn.  I am sure you have much to share to this forum with your previous experience.  Sure am glad He opened your eyes!  God bless you in your walk.

All of us, one time or the other must have our spiritual house, we built upon the sand coming a tumbling down.  It is an amazing process how God works in each of our lives, to draw us to the truth.

Thanks for sharing.

Gary

Falconn003

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 02:35:36 PM »

DocTN

grace and peace unto you as well my friend.

Welcome and rest your spirit herein.

thank you for sharing your testimoney with us all

Rodger

gmik

my bible truths testimony
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 01:36:17 PM »

Thanks DocTN...Wow!  We all come here from so many different walks.  I love hearing how the Lord moves in our lives.  God Bless you and your family in your new walk.

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 02:02:48 PM »

Bless you Doc,

The widow's  question was, in my opinion, from Holy Spirit that caused you to  take a good look, as you indicated, about the erroneus teachings of the tithe.
When the Lord removes the veil from our eyes (II Cor 3) scales start falling.

Keep Growing In His Grace,
Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.