bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shall He find Faith on the Earth?  (Read 6561 times)

aqrinc

Shall He find Faith on the Earth?
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:44:03 AM »

I was going to quote these Scriptures in answer to another post. After reading them again I thought this needs it's own post.
verses 1, 6-8 i think are very much answers to many of the questions we hear daily from sisters and brothers in pain and despair.

When the Son of Man cometh, Shall He find Faith on the Earth?

Luke 18: 1-8: 

1- And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;   
2- Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:   
3- And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.   
4- And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;   
5- Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.   
6- And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.   
7- And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?   
8- I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Geo.

gmik

Re: Shall He find Faith on the Earth?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »

Ought to pray and not faint.  Boy thats about it!  I think it is called TRUSTing in our heavenly Father.

I would like to know the is was and will be aspect of that passage.

Also is their a deeper meaning to it-since we know God doesn't change His mind based on how many times we "ask" Him.

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »

Ought to pray and not faint.  Boy thats about it!  I think it is called TRUSTing in our heavenly Father.

Also is their a deeper meaning to it-since we know God doesn't change His mind based on how many times we "ask" Him.

May it be that His answer is already Yes.....but wait/endure till I return?

Brenda

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:21:26 PM »

The answer to asking repeatedly?

These Scriptures are from the Apostles who had received The Holy Spirit Already and are now spiritual minded.
I believe the admonition is for us to look to God Always for The Way, The Truth and The Light; not to try to change His mind.

Romans 1:9:
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Ephesians 6:18:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Philippians 1:4:
Always in every prayer of my for you all making request with joy,

Colossians 1:3:
 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

I Thessalonians 1:2:
We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;

II Thessalonians 1:11:
Why also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

II Timothy 1:3:
I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of you in my prayers night and day;

Philemon 1:4:
I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers,

Geo.

E. Woods

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »

I was going to quote these Scriptures in answer to another post. After reading them again I thought this needs it's own post.
verses 1, 6-8 i think are very much answers to many of the questions we hear daily from sisters and brothers in pain and despair.

When the Son of Man cometh, Shall He find Faith on the Earth?

Luke 18: 1-8: 

1- And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;   
2- Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:   
3- And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.   
4- And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;   
5- Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.   
6- And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.   
7- And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?   
8- I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Geo.

E. Woods

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 10:32:17 PM »

YES YES YES

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 10:49:51 PM »

George.

If Jesus comes back today, he will find faith in me, that for sure, but tomorrow I don’t know, because I don’t know what tomorrow holds in store for me.  :)

In His Love. Richard.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 12:00:37 AM »

To All who Hear His Voice.

This is not funny but dead serious; We can be sure because God Has Already done it for us
In Christ Jesus
. Ours is to walk where he leads and: TAKE NO THOUGHT FOR TOMORROW.
                                                                      Please note the above is a shout of Joy.
Again The Scriptures Say:

Psalms 37:24:
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Psalms 145:14:
The LORD upholds all that fall, and raises up all those that be bowed down.

Isaiah 42:1:
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; my elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit
on him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Romans 8:30:
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also
justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Romans 9:24:
Even us, whom he has called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

I Corinthians 1:9:
God is faithful, by whom you were called to the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Hebrews 1:3:
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding
all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on
the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Our Great and Mighty Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

George. 

George.

If Jesus comes back today, he will find faith in me, that for sure, but tomorrow I don’t know, because I don’t know what tomorrow holds in store for me.  :)

In His Love. Richard.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:12:27 AM by aqr »

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 02:21:22 AM »

Excerpt from Ray's paper 'Winning Souls for Jesus' (http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm):

Are there really two billion faith-filled Christians in the world today? Have the Scriptures been proven wrong? Is prophecy way out of wack? Did Jesus’ gospel produce more fruit than He had anticipated in this present wicked age? Did Jesus miss-calculate how many believers would be here to greet Him upon His return? Do two billion professing Christians make Jesus a false prophet? Here is the prophecy from Jesus’ own mouth:

"…SHALL HE FIND FAITH ON THE EARTH?"

Here is a prophecy of Jesus concerning how much faith He expected to find on earth when He comes to establish His Kingdom in the earth:

"And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall He find FAITH on the earth? (Luke 18:7-8).

The answer of course is: "Little: He shall not find but very little faith." But don’t take my word for it. Notice what Dr. Strong says regarding this word ara translated "shall" in the King James:

G687 a???a ara ar'-ah "A form of G686, denoting an interrogation to which a negative answer is presumed: - therefore."

This Greek word "PRESUMES a NEGATIVE answer." Jesus asked a rhetorical question the answer to which was obvious, and therefore needed no answer—OF COURSE He will find virtually no faith on the earth when He comes! That is because "many are called but few are chosen." And only among the "few chosen" do we find the "chosen and faithful" (Rev. 17:14).

Many of these two billion Christians are the result of huge winning souls for Jesus campaigns, rallies, revivals and conferences. They are counted as believers based on repeating some form of the sinner’s prayer. When tens of thousands are encouraged to repeat a sinner’s prayer at one of these evangelistic meetings, they are then pronounced "saved." But are they really? Only God is the final Judge, however, I have already shown you what the Scriptures say.

Matt. 22:14  For Many are Called, Few are Chosen

Matt. 10:22  And ye (you all; few; chosen) shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved [He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death...Rev.2:11]

Thanks,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.