bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Science and God's word not enemies?  (Read 4811 times)

tinknocker

Science and God's word not enemies?
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:29:39 AM »

After finishing the videos I was so awestruck by the fact that our God is using the scientific world to reveal His truths to us. It just breaks apart the the church's teaching that science contradicts God word and is a tool the adversary is using to decieve you. Knowing how much pain and suffering our Father endured puts a whole new light on these verses;

Lamentations 3:31-33  For the Lord will not reject us forever.  32  Even if He causes suffering, He will show compassion according to His abundant, faithful love. 33  For He does not enjoy bringing affliction or suffering on mankind.

Ezekiel 18:23  Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked? saith the Lord Jehovah; and not rather that he should return from his way, and live?

Psalms 103:8-9 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and full of faithful love. 9  He will not always accuse us or be angry forever.

Blessings
tinknocker

aqrinc

Re: Science and God's word not enemies?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:27:16 AM »

tinknocker,

When one begins to understand the Incomparable: Greatness, Love, Sacrifice, Kindness, Benevolence, Might,
Grace, Faithfulness, Intelligence, Skill, Compassion, Longsuffering, Royalty, Holiness, Righteousness, Justice,
Worthiness, Blessings, Sacrifice, Power, Thoughtfulness, Thoroughness, Forgiveness, Loyalty, Strength, Vision,
Magnitude, Magnanimity, Caring, Giving and so Much More of God Our Father And The Lord Jesus Christ
; we pots
of clay can only Marvel and Praise and fall on our faces in Awe at what God Has Already Done for us in Jesus Christ
our Mighty Lord & Saviour and Brother for the aions of the aions of the aions

Thank YOU God Almighty in Jesus Christ my Lord & Saviour.

George.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 09:36:19 AM »

After finishing the videos I was so awestruck by the fact that our God is using the scientific world to reveal His truths to us. It just breaks apart the the church's teaching that science contradicts God word and is a tool the adversary is using to decieve you.

Hi Tinknocker,

When I think of science, I always think of God. 

The definition of Science:

A branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws.

Sounds totally compatible to the God I worship.  He is the perfect Scientist (an expert in science).

Just a thought. :)

René

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:29:36 PM »

It is unScriptual that our Father will ever suffer.

Rodger,

You need to listen to or watch the videos because that is the meaning of the words that describe what God the Father went through when He birthed the universe. God did suffer... it was hard.

Dennis

ps: To everyone: please do not contribute to this thread until you have watched the 2008 Nashville conference videos or listened to the audios, especially part #8.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:55:20 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

Let me add:

And God continues to suffer. There are billions of his children suffering this very instant, some horribly.

When our children suffer do we not suffer? God loves us infinitely more than we love our own children.

The rest is obvious.

Dennis

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »

But thou, O Lord, [art] a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.[Psa 86:15]

Jesus Christ came to reveal the Father to us, and in so has revealed many things, if we have eyes to see.

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.