bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer can be wrong!!!  (Read 6429 times)

Richard D

Prayer can be wrong!!!
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »

This is awesome insight I received from God last night. I was in bed getting ready to sleep but never letting the sun go down on my sins I always ask Jesus to forgive me for all my sins I might have committed through out my day.

While praying to God I said, Jesus, please help me to be a better person and as soon as I said that, it hit me like a ton of bricks and I understood within me I ‘am wrong to pray like this to Jesus.

Then I really understood it’s not about God helping me to change this or to change that but rather I should be praying Jesus please take this or that away from me.

This goes much deeper than the surface with me. This is really great information! Now it’s my hope if someone was praying like I use to, you might want to try praying like this. It made a huge difference to me when I started praying this way. It change my whole prayer life.  :)

In His Love.Richard.

daywalker

Re: Prayer can be wrong!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 05:01:35 PM »

So true, Richard.

This is the way I've prayed for some time, especially in regards to the "greater sins" that I commit. (At least to me, they are) One thing I've noticed also, at least in my experience, is that GOD also teaches persistence. There are things that I've struggled with for a while, and though I pray and pray and pray for Him to "take them away" and to "take away the desires", He still has not.

I believe this is another form of His Chastising. It's destroying my pride (and there's a ton of it! :D), keeps me very humble, and eventually will greatly increase my patience. (something I need much more of)

At times it gets tormenting, the more I pray for GOD to make me better, the more I get worse.  ??? But I'm not ACTUALLY getting worse, I just notice more and more things in me that are wrong, that yesterday, I didn't think were that bad. Though, I know in the end it will be so worth it, because seeing my sins, and feeling the pain that they cause, will mold me into the person that GOD has destined me to be.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present are not worthy to be compared with the GLORY which shall be revealed in US"
- Romans 8:18

dogcombat

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:12:58 PM »

Richard,

If you pray selfishly (focused on yourself), you'll be chastened like I was.  You can read it here.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3218.0.html

God be with you
Ches

Matt

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »

Richard,
Great to hear you are going deeper!
Lately, when I find myself praying selfishly,  I have been asking God to please strengthen me, have mercy on me, and reveal to me what He wants me to know. 
It is an awesome thing to know that we are not on our own!

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »

Daywalker.

Everything you said I can relate to understanding the very essences of you’re statement.  Last night was indeed a turning point the Lord had shown me. It was the way I was praying that was out of tune with the Spirit of God.

I’m very excited about my prayer life now as I have a greater understanding but I also know it’s going much deeper than what I understand. What God shows me on the surface goes much deeper than I have physical life to discover it all.

In His Love. Richard.

Chess.

Thank you for responding to my post. I appreciate the link you had provided. As I read you’re post it was indeed a deep confirmation to my very depths of my soul.

You’re wording was very artistic and had increased my understanding in what I had already received last night from the Spirit of our Father.

I also saw similarities how our Father works in each of us his children form reading you’re post as well.

What our Father has taught me last night He also further deepens it’s meaning today for me and I know it’s only the surface.

This is incredible and exciting to me and also uplifts me in hope knowing this road I walk upon is the straight and narrow road Jesus leads one onto.

In His Love. Richard.

Matthew.

Thank you for responding to my post. Yes it is a most wonderful understanding knowing we are not alone even when we feel we are we are not.

And even much greater when learning the things of God that lead one to maturity.

In His Love. Richard. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:26:45 PM by Richard D »

David

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »

I tend to stick with the Lords prayer in Matthew 6. "Thy will be done", "Give us this day our daily bread" "Forgive our sins as we forgive...." "Lead us not into temptation......."  covers just about everything we need to pray for, for Gods work to be done in our lives.

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »

David.

Thank you for responding to my post, yes the Lord prayer gives us the guidelines of how our prayer should be. But the revelation I received last night put much together for me in a way I had not known before.

In His Love. Richard.

Rodger.

Thank you for you’re response also as you have open a door for my understanding too which I ’am thankful for. One should always pray in private as one should not make a show of their prayer before men.

Good point Rodger.

In His Love. Richard. You’re friend and little brother.   
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:11:31 PM by Richard D »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »

Was searching for something else a few days ago and 'found' this. 

Daniel 9:18

(KJV)  O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

(YLT)  `Incline, O my God, Thine ear, and hear, open Thine eyes and see our desolations, and the city on which Thy name is called; for not for our righteous acts are we causing our supplications to fall before Thee, but for Thy mercies that are many.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »

Wow you guy's I appreciate this thread, I've learned much....
Brenda

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

Father; I would have it that there be no strife among the brethren. Nevertheless not my will but, Your Will be done in All things.

This i believe is following the pattern Jesus Christ set down for us to Pray.

George.

Richard D

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »

Hi George.

Great point you made here.  I was reading a part of Ray’s papers on praying and Ray was saying if we pray for Gods will be done our prayers will always be answered but if we pray for a new house or car or a better job we might not find our prays being answered.

However having said that I also will not put God into a box either, I use to put God in my pocket when I was apart of Christendom and took God out of my pocket on Sunday and what good did that do?

In His Love. Richard.

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 04:46:45 PM »

Richard,

Let me say that your questions have been a source of much research and study for me. At first i thought
your posts were strange and naive; no longer as i have been allowed by God to see just a bit better
than at my first glance (emotional response). My prayers were always before to get something for my use
or pleasure now. I emulated (O'steen, Hagee, Stanley, Crystal Cathedral ??) and quite a few more possibility
thinkers/teachers before coming to BT. Thankfully through Gods providence even before i knew of BT, He
was dragging me from my beastly throne kicking and screaming. Brother, always ask the questions that
you are prompted to ask since you do not know who will be uplifted by the answers provided.

In Love and Prayer,

George.

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »

Hello All, I really am blessed to have you all as Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I had a sin in my life to me it was the worse thing I had ever done. I got closer to God and wanted it all to end. But, it did not end so easily.  I felt it was impossible to be forgiven. I wanted it to go away. Something else came. My hate for it came yes. But ,the most wonderful thing happend from my prayers and I know it was Gods will.
Through this sin I learned to hate hell. He took me out of a near death experience. Showed me who was in control. He grew me so much from that experience. Yes, we can hate our sins, yes he is more then able to take us out of them. He gave me more then I ever dreamed possible from that sin. I hated hell and I found Ray Smiths Website and all of you. What an answer to a sin that he not only gave me victory over, but I will never forget that he showed me the Loving Father he truly is.
Also,  a friend sent me something about an end time warning. The man was  saying there is a hell. A terrible sadness came over me and I could feel fear set in. But, I thought of all I have been taught by God. Peace came over me and it was if God said do not let anyone steal truth from you. You are in my hands I am all you need no matter what. I am just so glad I dont believe in hell. I have been let out of a Hell in my mind. I am eternally grateful do our Great God.So, yes our sins can turn into blessings and bring us right to where he wants us.
Love to all,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »

Marlene.

After reading you’re response I know in my heart exactly what you mean, I was raised in the Roman Catholic faith and was a big time believer in the hell doctrine. Marlene, I was a very gullible person. They saw me coming a mile away……LOL…… But no more!

I remember through out my life having conversations with God, actually saying, even if I’m the most evil man on earth and only live eighty years it’s not fair of you to make me suffer longer than eight years.

What a sick way to live life. But now, I understand that the good news really is GOOD NEWS.

No one can ever make me believe that filthy demonic garbage again. And when I get the opportunity to tell them one day even Satan will be saved too. Oh yes, that is how good God really is, Not one of His creatures will be lost. How about that now!!!

Marlene, I’m thankful to God that he led you here. God blessed you very much.

In His Love, You’re friend and brother in Christ. Richard.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 11:11:49 PM »

Hi Marlene, you speak of a sin I know what you mean, when God showed me how disgusting and depraved I was.
I had a horrible sin  too, I was so depressed and felt worthless but after much repenting and talking about my sin to God he surely forgave me because I have never had a desire since this, but to be pleasing to God.
I know I still sin but for me my sin was the worst, God forgave me my husband forgave me and I finally forgave myself, knowing  now I am at a much more spiritual place.
I am glad I got through this with the strong guiding hand of God.
I was at my worst during this, but God is healing my spirit one day at a time.
I agree with you God can make a blessing from our weakness.  :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 01:46:33 AM »

So when we pray wanting to be pleasing to God, I think it is pleasing and acceptable.
Prayer changes the heart and mind.
Yet we can't do that unless God urges us.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:08:12 AM by Jackie Lee »

dogcombat

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »

Amrhrasach,

You're very kind words are appreciated

Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.